low life and vision radius

Pain Attunement could have the following:

Deal X% more damage when blow at low health, but reduced vision radius when at high health.

Basically invert the vision radius penalty, closer to 0% HP you get the more you see, but nearly blind at full health.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
To be honest low life vision reduction (without any ways to counter it) is a retarded mechanics and should be removed.
+ The low vision unnecessarily reduce the amount of information the player can discern. It falls perfectly into the fake difficulty bin. It's not a fair design.
+ Getting to low life is a natural outcome of getting into combat. Why should the player be punished for playing?
+ Fighting on low life is always an intense (read: fun) moment. GGG is DENYING the player of having that fun.
+ There are other ways to notify the player of their low life status. Maybe take a clue from modern games and put the HP/MP bars under/above characters so it's easier to see, instead of making them taking up large chunks of the opposite corners of the screen? Alternatively, use audible indicator (The character scream every time they are hit when on low life) instead of visual.
Please pardon my bad english
Последняя редакция: rephikul. Время: 20 февр. 2013 г., 21:31:05
"
rephikul написал:
+ Fighting on low life is always an intense (read: fun) moment. GGG is DENYING the player of having that fun.
We (and based on feedback we've received from many other players, a lot of other people as well) find that reducing light radius on low life increases the intensity of those moments, and with that, the fun that comes from it.
I vote it stays the way that it is. For one, it gives me a cue that I might need to hit a potion.
In that case, that sounds like a strong argument for adding low-life effects to low energy shield when using CI.

I'd still like to see PA come with a removal of the low-life vision radius as a buff to PA. You're fighting in low life all the time as part of the build. It's no longer a sudden tense experience to break up the monotony.
"
Mark_GGG написал:
"
rephikul написал:
We (and based on feedback we've received from many other players, a lot of other people as well) find that reducing light radius on low life increases the intensity of those moments, and with that, the fun that comes from it.
Mark, you are using this "we also have received lots of feedback contradicting to your statement" thing so much that I think it's about time when you start mentioning the rough % of the opposing opinion to add credibility. I dont say you have to dig back and count every posts but something like "around 2/3 of the feedback we have received disagreed with you" would be immensely more useful.

My 2 cents, just.
Please pardon my bad english
"
pneuma написал:
In that case, that sounds like a strong argument for adding low-life effects to low energy shield when using CI.

I'd still like to see PA come with a removal of the low-life vision radius as a buff to PA. You're fighting in low life all the time as part of the build. It's no longer a sudden tense experience to break up the monotony.

yes! and you can't see anything in indoor maps because of the vision radius reduction <- the main problem imo

the second picture in the original post is literally what i see the whole time i play in indoor maps
I was thinking about making a char based around low life, but with the reduced vision it's impossible for me to play longer than some minutes. It give me headache and is really eye straining especially in these locations were the monsters blend together with the background and create just visual noise.

My suggestion is that vision radius slowly fades back to normal, after the initial low life status got activated. The character just accustoms to the low life situation and gains back his full vision, like we can see better in a dark room after some seconds when our pupils opened.
"
Mark_GGG написал:
"
rephikul написал:

This is only applicable if you are taken to low life by an enemy or taking sustained damage from something like Blood Rage. being on low life as part of a build using reserves does not make this more fun or intense, it makes it annoying, poor, and severely discourages build diversity (Just like -60 chaos resist does),

You also did not address the issue that the second picture in the first post brings up: absolute pitch black that makes it literally impossible to navigate properly.
Последняя редакция: Xendran. Время: 21 февр. 2013 г., 5:49:59
I really don't like this feature for reasons already stated ITT. imo they need to remove it (or make it less severe), but keep the screen-reddening.
Последняя редакция: jimi89. Время: 21 февр. 2013 г., 8:49:36

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация