Support Gem Plus Preview

"
Dr1MaR написал:
YAY! more powercreep!
"We want to make a challenging ARPG" - said no one

Said from a person who don't even manage to kill the shaper with all that power creep.

Well, why don't you just try some challenges then?
0.65% of players have completed 36 challenges in the Blight league. Come on, show everyone how you can handle the power creep.
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." - Stephen McCranie
"
juyevon написал:
"
Dr1MaR написал:
YAY! more powercreep!
"We want to make a challenging ARPG" - said no one

Said from a person who don't even manage to kill the shaper with all that power creep.

Well, why don't you just try some challenges then?
0.65% of players have completed 36 challenges in the Blight league. Come on, show everyone how you can handle the power creep.

Absolutely irrelevant and nonsensical argument. 99% of the content dies with a press of a button, monsters especially, they can't even land an attack on you. Logout macro and instant leech is what this game is balanced around that s why there are oneshots everywhere.
Maybe I didn't play the league because I'm sick and tired from the fast clearing content with a light of speed and hardly find myself in any form of danger? I don't need to prove anything to you to see that the game is in terrible shape atm.
Note that there's a demonstration of a spell caster constantly moving onwards while killing things and a video of a melee attacker standing rooted to the spot and making no progress while killing stuff.

I like the idea someone said in another topic where Melee should be able to walk while attacking (like Cyclone). It would drastically improve the melee experience.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Последняя редакция: Nicholas_Steel. Время: 22 нояб. 2019 г., 1:58:06
"
PraetorianMKII написал:
TLDR: Spell Echo plus is debatable.

Double damage makes it better in term of dps gain, but without it gem is worse than regular version due 15% less spell damage and not 10%. I personally not sure if I'd go for random double damage bonus while losing a bit on initial damage hits, with mentioned rarity of supports+ and time it takes to level them to 5:) Its also worse with Greater Spell Echo for obvious reason (more repeats and dd only working on the last one).

SE vs SE+
Regular Spell Echo: 1.7 (more cast speed) * 0.9 (less spell damage) = 1.53 dps multiplier;
Spell Echo Plus: 1.75 * 0.85 = 1.4875 multiplier, but 1.6288 with 19% double damage chance on last repeat with one repeat (19% Double damage chance on one of two hits is 9.5% more damage if you have no other sources of double damage);
1.53 vs 1.4875+dd (1.6288);
Getting 6.458% more dps at the price of even less hit damage and randomness of double damage procs.

Pledge of Hands
SE + GSE: 1.7 (more cast speed) * 0.9 (less spell damage) * 1.525 (3 repeats: average of 100%, 135%, 170% and 205% damage multipliers) = 2.333 dps multiplier;
SE+ & GSE: 1.75 * 0.85 * 1.6224 (average of 1.00, 1.35, 1.70 and 2.05*1.19 with double damage chance) = 2.4133 dps multiplier;
2.333 vs 2.268+dd (2.4133);
3.442% more dps in setup with huge animation time of repeats, that you for some reason also cannot cancel unlike multistrike. And random double damage too, but at least it always work on last, strongest repeat.

So I'm not sure which level of damage boost is planned from these supports, maybe it is intended as we may of course have more than 1 support+ in our setup and it adds up quickly, just keep in mind that SE+ is nowhere near "19% more damage" or something as it may seem at first look:)

True the damage change is debatable (though plenty of builds iv played would take the cast speed over hit damage every time) but there is also the change to the mana multi, assuming mana flasks get nerfed in some way that change to the multiplier could be really big for a lot of builds...
Some OP some meh.
Second-class poe gamer
Completely underwhelming.

I'm surprised they even provided a "showcase" of what is essentially number tweeks. Like, really?
mob seem really "slow" compare to real in-game.....
Even though I am a GGG fanboy and Christ Wilson’s, I have to disagree with the choice of these gems.

As everybody said before, too much power creep in an already broken (in terms of damage) game. It very much reminds me of Ancients and Primals from D3 and everybody knows how bs was that. GGG has shown us that they tend to make everything better compared to Blizzard but this decision is too simplistic and boring and does not reflect the standards of our boyz in GGG. Sad but true!
\you guys think these can also be corrupted for that +1 when full XP is reached?
"
n3wtonapple написал:
Even though I am a GGG fanboy and Christ Wilson’s, I have to disagree with the choice of these gems.

As everybody said before, too much power creep in an already broken (in terms of damage) game. It very much reminds me of Ancients and Primals from D3 and everybody knows how bs was that. GGG has shown us that they tend to make everything better compared to Blizzard but this decision is too simplistic and boring and does not reflect the standards of our boyz in GGG. Sad but true!

Wait and see how difficulty will scale on the new atlas/bosses given we will have all t16 maps and custom bosses.. maybe you will seriously need these gems as Christ (How you call him) stated his Boss Team has amped up big time.
Последняя редакция: apotropaiko. Время: 22 нояб. 2019 г., 2:34:01

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация