Weekend Sale! Discounts to 50 Points or Less!

I'm not going to hate on what you guys are doing with your MTX, because no matter what my feelings are towards the pricing scheme, there are two things I can't argue with that need to be praised and not put down, and those are the proper use of microtransactions (no pay to win), and using microtransactions to support a free game. But not hating on something is not the same thing as not criticizing it.

With that being said I am disappointed by the MTX store, especially as of late. These prices feel like struggling Indy title prices, and not proper developer prices. I totally get paying $5 to have an artist input a new RGB color for a skill, or footprint, or eyeball, etc because in those cases you are doing two things; 1) supporting a small company and getting something back to show others you support them, and 2) paying for 20 minutes worth of work for someone that could have otherwise been used for bug fixes, new content, tweaks, balance, etc.

But when you have a full blown team of artists and begin amassing a plethora of "maybe I'll use this one day for something" art that you have admitted to creating (and good for you, it's a sure sign of success to have content ready to go and not pushing everything until last second!) and you are considered thee #1 competitor (in at least 1 genre) to one of the biggest IPs of one of the biggest gaming companies of all time, it doesn't have the same feel anymore and these comments are proof of that.

I no longer feel like having a blue version of a normally red skill is worth $5, or that ANY armor set ever created is worth $80+. I don't see your numbers, but between being backed by TENcent, the sheer size of your IP, your ability to put on events like ExileCon, it's clear you are no longer struggling to make it. It just disappoints me is all. I'm not even going to cry about the tab prices because at least your getting something of actual value in them (even if they do push the boundaries on pay to win). But none of your art is so fantastic that it just must be priced this way to stay competitive or turn a profit. Some of it is damn good, I'm not trying to take away from your skills, but there are free mobile games with standard armor and effects that are, at the very least, of the same caliber.

Again, I want to praise you for what you are doing right 100x more than I want to nitpick at such a small issue as the prices of 100% optional, purely aesthetic, content, but in my non business owning opinion if there was ever a time to try out lower prices to see what the real effect would be, it's the Black Friday right after the 4.0.0/PoE2 reveal when the hype is real and you have everyone's attention, but it's not the real moneymaker of the real hype train of next Black Friday when the release is (hopefully) right around the corner (or if the God's truly bless us, just came out).

Don't get me wrong, if I owned this company I would milk every last whale of every last dime I possibly could, drowning the market with shitty MTX on top of shitty MTX in every color of every rainbow and I would sleep like a baby on top of piles of cash, and I would take the last dollar of every single parent who couldn't afford next month's rent and use all of their dollars to make rolls of toilet paper that were strictly for show next to my gold plated toilet fountain, and everything in between, so I'm not judging (even if I don't think this is what your doing)... but I would never spend a dime on MTX from a company owned by someone like me.
"
Archwizard написал:
"
Relarious написал:
"
Iamod написал:
I absolutely hate it when you guys come out with new packs, I buy them, i spend points, then 2 days later you release a buncha stuff i bought at 50 points instead of the 100-300 it was. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If it was that recent you could ask if there's anything they could do, I've been able to do that in the past, altho not for GGG specifically.

I'm much more interested in the implied recurrence of this event and the lack of learning from it involved.

Because the exact date is always determinable..
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
"
Iamod написал:
"
Archwizard написал:
I'm much more interested in the implied recurrence of this event and the lack of learning from it involved.

Because the exact date is always determinable..

Learn patience and wait for sales. Problem solved.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"Time is money."
Patience is for those that do nothing with their time.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация