Boss Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
"
Xystre написал:
"
Is poe acting like Dark Souls? 5 min boss fights in campaign IS TOTTALY NOT NEEDED in this game.

but that's what most of this forums want.. I don't know about reddit but they want bigger sponges to hit for longer time..

expect more buffs to HP..

ye make the most boring part of the game more long
may be i'm just paranoid but it's seems like 3xG just slowing players progress since 3.1-3.3 with all that micro and macro reworks including campaign and atlas mechanics

Or perhaps relegate the difficulty to the league challenges.

"Kill shav in cells without mussing up her gorgeous ES"

"Kill shaper or guardians ONLY using a plain, unsupported movement skill"

I guarantee you having to fuss around with swapping in EDC just to go finish off Shav was/is a waste of valuable mapping time. I've actually done the "kill guardian using whirling blades + ancestral protector because everything else did fire damage on an ele reflect map" shtick. It took 20 minutes of mad dodging and limping to sand the whatever tf it was down to a nub with a nail file.

It was exhausting. No, it literally made me ill to have to multitask and hustle for that long, continually, with my dogshit connection.

Perhaps some of the Grand Sedentary Elite should try it out. Ultra HC: you can't reroll any map mods, you have to do them as-is, corrupted, baked-in.

Tl;dr GGG's basic philosophy is that they are OK with new players quitting because the difficulty is aggressively punishing them for things they may not know yet. They're totally fine with an elitist hardcore environment and balance the game around the big streamer guilds and currency farmer cartels.

I suck at everything about this game, My potato, my shit connection, my old geezer reflexes and persistent state of cba researching build ideas exhaustively before mashing them together and tossing them out on the beach. I still play it, because when things work and I get a couple lucky early drops, it feels great. Also, it's free.

But if you think for one minute it's Reddit flexers pushing GGG to spend dev time making the game more difficult, you'd be sorely mistaken. They have all the analytics tools they need, all the gamer motivation/psychology metrics they need, to give us the game they want us to want, and not the game we think we want; or the game we think "those guys" want.

So put your money where your mouth is. Don't like stunlock brutus? Vote with your feet. That will show up in their metrics whereas all the whining and handwringing over elitism or dumbing-down is just so much noise. (But at least try it before you slag/quit it. Might not be that bad! Even for us melee and bingo mancers!)
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
crunkatog написал:

So put your money where your mouth is. Don't like stunlock brutus? Vote with your feet. That will show up in their metrics whereas all the whining and handwringing over elitism or dumbing-down is just so much noise. (But at least try it before you slag/quit it. Might not be that bad! Even for us melee and bingo mancers!)

I wouldn't quit cuz i like this game too much in any of it state and always been, i just have fun killing monsters with skill and MTX i like and having good time in any league, but there are just a one moment i dont like and it's unnatural progression slowing by some not needed mechanics and simulated "hardcore". And if that demo of PoE2 that they show us on Exilecon when you fight literally 10 mins to first boss in one of first locations, i mean screw it, i will be already in a3.
"
"
crunkatog написал:

LOVE IT!

I wouldn't quit cuz i like this game too much in any of it state and always been, i just have fun killing monsters with skill and MTX i like and having good time in any league, but there are just a one moment i dont like and it's unnatural progression slowing by some not needed mechanics and simulated "hardcore". And if that demo of PoE2 that they show us on Exilecon when you fight literally 10 mins to first boss in one of first locations, i mean screw it, i will be already in a3.

"And if that demo of PoE2 that they show us on Exilecon when you fight literally 10 mins to first boss in one of first locations, i mean screw it, i will be already in a3"

BIG PHAT LOL
Id have to agree that people complaining its too easy should play the real game as intended - HC . Yes that's right - when you are not immortal all the time you tend to learn more skill and plan better when any one shot means you have to start over. HC Blight league Ive completed 15 maps on my Atlas - mainly because Im on my tenth rebuild this league. The games hard enough for me - Ive never even Beeen to the end game mapping areas.. But I like a challenge so I keep playing...
In game since Minotaur League..
It's getting more and more annoying every league to play HC. As it is we have like 100 players left in the final month of every league. Feels like it's harder and harder each league to justify playing HC. Isn't it about time thinking about adding some extra incentive for HC players to keep the HC leagues alive? This is the first time since I started playing that I'm thinking about fleeing to SC league but it just feels so damn bad. I really don't want to go SC league but the frustration keeps building with the way some contect and challenges are designed.
I dont get what bosses do, more bullet hell and more ohk spam for more skip boss meta?
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Mixed feelings about this "Boss boosting".

As I have limited playing time, I feel that campaign is already too long and maps are too far away. I usually start every league with one or two different builds that I create myself. Some of them reach maps, not all. I don't run through campaign as fast as possible; I explore them and enjoy new skills, supports and thrill of finding new equipment. There is a downside for that, it takes long to reach maps and if my build is not a succesfull one, that might be it for that league. (And I only play leagues, SSF)

Maybe there could be an option to start from epilogue after you have played through campaign once in current league. Level to 60 and go. (I just don't understand running through campaign in couple of hours. That means you are not enjoying it, and if I'm not enjoying it, why would I do it?)

So, if boosting boss makes the campaign not feel like mandatory part to maps, ok. If it creates some mandatory grinding points that I can beat bosses, eeh.

And 5 minutes long boss battles, forget it, not my game anymore.

Anyway, I've got ~4000hours in and that does not even include all the best times - planning your next character before league starts :).
"
StRiKeR32 написал:
Pog

Ya. Pog. Longer fights, still rewarding nearly nothing.

Pog.
Последняя редакция: DamageIncorporated. Время: 3 дек. 2019 г., 20:00:38
"
Aias_o_Telamonios написал:
So just campaign boss changes ? Honestly does anyone care about the campaign ? It's just the mandatory thing you do before you get to maps. Everyone rushes through that as fast as possible.

I don't, I enjoy the campaign bosses in-fact I find mapping to be a less interesting grindfest.
"
Xystre написал:
"
Is poe acting like Dark Souls? 5 min boss fights in campaign IS TOTTALY NOT NEEDED in this game.

but that's what most of this forums want.. I don't know about reddit but they want bigger sponges to hit for longer time..

expect more buffs to HP..

Sorry that I think it's fun to see new bosses and learn their mechanics rather than faceroll my keyboard and watch them die before they do anything.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация