sick of boss rushers

So you join or create a party and start your epic tour up to the boss, as expected people join through out each floor but some people actually a lot of people will join leave the party then rush to the boss and kill it, Some stay in the party.

As the rest of the group slowly makes there way to the boss only to discover that the floors have been some what cleared and the boss is dead leaving us to reset and start over.

Even if you leave the party and create a new instance it doesnt always work as you go up 1 floor and the mobs are still dead.

This issue has been with PoE since the start, and im unsure why its been dealt with. Has it been talked about before with any of the PoE staff ?

Its very important to us the players when we reset an instance it actually gets reset including all floors not just the way point floor.

peace =o
Эта тема была автоматически архивирована. Ответы невозможны.
Leaving a party should kick you back to town and remove your access to the instances created by said party.
"
Xendran написал:
Leaving a party should kick you back to town and remove your access to the instances created by said party.

In that case party leaders would immidiatly kick everyone when a boss dies or a very valuable item drops. Its way too exploitable.
hmm
Последняя редакция: skesoul. Время: 27 апр. 2013 г., 17:01:36
"
Droggeltasse написал:
"
Xendran написал:

In that case party leaders would immidiatly kick everyone when a boss dies or a very valuable item drops. Its way too exploitable.

Leaving a party, not being kicked from a party. Just because both options end up in you not being in the party doesn't mean that they're the same thing.
Последняя редакция: Xendran. Время: 27 апр. 2013 г., 17:02:24
I'm not sure the problem you think you're having is really the problem you're having.

Parties will go to a boss and kill it, and then people will start leaving the party. As people leave the party, the party opens up on the public party menu, and people join it - only to find the boss already dead.

There's no loot advantage to rushing to the boss without the rest of the party. If the rest of the party never zones into the boss room, the loot drop will be the same as if the guy just did the fight alone with no party anyway, so I don't see why anybody would be doing what the OP suggests.

"
skesoul написал:
Even if you leave the party and create a new instance it doesnt always work as you go up 1 floor and the mobs are still dead.
Its very important to us the players when we reset an instance it actually gets reset including all floors not just the way point floor.

Control-click on the zone in lets you choose which instance to join, or choose to create a new instance. This is a minor nuisance at most.
Последняя редакция: magicrectangle. Время: 27 апр. 2013 г., 18:35:09
"
magicrectangle написал:
I don't see why anybody would be doing what the OP suggests.

Because humans purposely doing things that bother other humans for their own enjoyment is completely unheard of, right?
"
Xendran написал:
Because humans purposely doing things that bother other humans for their own enjoyment is completely unheard of, right?

That's a lot of work to go through for griefing. Maybe there's a few people who do it, but there's no reason to assume malice when there's a perfectly simple explanation for it, which I already outlined.

Besides, if you were griefing, why would you clear the trash on the way to the boss? Better to run by it all so that the people you're trying to grief don't know anything is wrong (and because it is faster than killing them). That way they waste their time killing monsters only to find the boss room empty.
Последняя редакция: magicrectangle. Время: 27 апр. 2013 г., 19:58:01
"
magicrectangle написал:
"
Xendran написал:

That's a lot of work to go through for griefing. Maybe there's a few people who do it, but there's no reason to assume malice when there's a perfectly simple explanation for it, which I already outlined.

Besides, if you were griefing, why would you clear the trash on the way to the boss? Better to run by it all so that the people you're trying to grief don't know anything is wrong (and because it is faster than killing them). That way they waste their time killing monsters only to find the boss room empty.

Did you even read the OP fully? He specifically stated:

Party is in progress
Player Joins Party
Player immediately leaves party
Player rushes to boss and kills it

Also, how is it a "lot of work"? The people doing this are almost always far far far above the level of the area they are in.
"
Xendran написал:
Party is in progress
Player Joins Party
Player immediately leaves party
Player rushes to boss and kills it

And how can he tell the last part is taking place? Players join parties all the time. Most often they arrive through your portal, realize you aren't in the boss room, so they just leave.

I'm not saying nobody ever griefed that way. What I'm saying is there's no benefit to the player doing that in terms of loot vs going to the boss outside of a party and soloing it, so the game isn't encouraging that kind of behavior - and really not that many people are going to be bored enough to continually grief this way that it is going to be a big problem.

If he thinks he is seeing this happen a lot of the time, my guess is he is misinterpreting what is going on. This guess is supported by the fact that he clearly doesn't know much about the game, given he doesn't know how to reset an instance.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация