Private Servers?

Will there ever be support for private servers? Mainly for the sake of being able to play locally with no internet connection (and no desync/lag), I suppose, but also for being able to mess around and experiment.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last bumped19 июля 2017 г., 17:19:39
"
Vakirauta написал:
"Server" & without an internet connection? I don't get it. If what you're asking is a SP client, they said no to that.

Virtual PC, anyone?... I've done this before on some games; it can be done. No internet connection.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
Vakirauta написал:
"Server" & without an internet connection? I don't get it. If what you're asking is a SP client, they said no to that.

Not sure what an SP client is. The idea is to be able to play the game solo or with friends in an offline/LAN setting. My friend had a private WoW server that he set up on his computer, and from there him and his friends messed around on it with admin powers, and he could play without a persistent internet connection. That kind of thing.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
no
NO.
"
Durentis написал:
no
NO.

If you could favorite a post I would favorite the shit out of this post!
Thou shalt not guard.
"
Durentis написал:
no
NO.

I will admit that I am not the most knowledgeable about this topic...
Asking for a private server is like asking for a cracked game <.<

shoo shoo...
"
Budget_player_cadet написал:
"
Durentis написал:
no
NO.

I will admit that I am not the most knowledgeable about this topic...

Sorry, I hope you didn't take my response as being nasty. I was going for amusing but firm. Terse. ;)

Best just get used to whatever lag you have and know that it and desync will improve with time. You can experiment to your heart's content in Default just the same as you could locally if it were available. Personally, I'm glad games like this are turning online-only - would get boring really fast with hacks or admin powers.

Private servers would bypass GGG's shop and fragment the community (among other nasty stuff).
"
zheavy написал:
Asking for a private server is like asking for a cracked game <.<

I don't think the poster was asking about people who have ripped off the server code, but about GGG's possible willingness to sell the service.

Like, imagine that they come out with paid leagues; for a given amount of money, you can have them create a league that only you and your friends get access to, with slightly modified rules. Good business model? I dunno, but it's not a STUPID idea anyway. Like, you could have a self-found only league, or a league that has higher difficulty than normal, or whatever else.

That'd make sense.

And what if instead of renting servers from them, you bought the right to run the server in your basement?

I don't think they'll do it, but it's not an inherently stupid idea as business models go.
Learn to play, noob! <http://www.l2pnoob.org>

(Yes, that seebs.)
"
the_real_seebs написал:

Like, imagine that they come out with paid leagues; for a given amount of money, you can have them create a league that only you and your friends get access to, with slightly modified rules. Good business model? I dunno, but it's not a STUPID idea anyway. Like, you could have a self-found only league, or a league that has higher difficulty than normal, or whatever else.

they were actually planning that. cris said it in an interview with kripparian....
i whould love to have a 9999 skillpoint league just to dick around with my charakter lol

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация