Do you think Act Bosses are a little bit underwhelming by design?

"
Hodari написал:
"
boof написал:

Act 3 isn't done, Piety isn't its main boss. If it was, I'd agree that Diablo is definitely more interesting than her

Even if she was the main boss of act 3, it wouldn't be fair to compare her to Diablo. More like Mephisto. And then I'd have to say Piety is much better than Mephisto.

Скрытый текст
At least Piety didn't get stuck on the Ledge...

You're right, I shit the bed there and forgot all about ole Meph. I'd give a slight edge to the Piety fight.
But eventually you learn how to fight preset bosses very easily, assuming you do it more than once. Piety seems pretty hard to a beginner, but once you see what moves she pulls, it's pretty easy. All bosses are like this.

The only way I can think of to keep bosses difficult is to have some sort of RNG factored into it. So basically everytime you fight the boss he has different attacks. Maybe one time he'll have Vall LAzers, transform like Piety, and crush like Kole. Maybe the next time he does chaos and physical damage in high numbers, and uses cyclone. Perhaps one will be immunes to DOT, and resistant to Totem attacks, and reflects like 10% of all damage

I'd like every battle to be unique, and to have to immediately adapt to my surroundings to survive. Otherwise bosses and even monsters in general become a snooze fest.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Последняя редакция: Fire_Kid. Время: 22 сент. 2013 г., 22:19:10
Taking out all the knowns becomes boring though. You feel like you might as well not fight them instead of some other boss. Sacred 2 failed at this. Everything felt the same eventually, even though things were "different"... they were just always different.

Smart isn't random. Until we have the computing power to give these bosses some smarts, we're stuck playing on rails.
In my opinion....

Merveil is pretty much equally impressive as Andariel

Vaal Oversoul fight is better than Duriel fight, although the appearance of the boss leaves a lot to be desired (it looks like a crappy robot, at best)

Diablo >>>>> Piety (Anyone remember the shuddering ground, and the ominous voice "Not even Death can save you from me"?)

I'm looking forward to Dominus..

"
Shagsbeard написал:
Taking out all the knowns becomes boring though. You feel like you might as well not fight them instead of some other boss. Sacred 2 failed at this. Everything felt the same eventually, even though things were "different"... they were just always different.

Smart isn't random. Until we have the computing power to give these bosses some smarts, we're stuck playing on rails.

I suppose you're right.

Well either way we'll have shitty bosses until 2042, where we get something better.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Unlike D2 you don't grind act bosses end game here.

You go to maps.

Calling map vaal, piety, mageara, etc. underwhelming is just - lol.

Those forms of bosses with their potential danger mods from maps as part of the leveling/act progress would be ridiculous.

So again not sure how you can compare the end game content of 1 game to the leveling content of another.
IGN: VistaChris
"
Charanjaydemyr написал:
Dominus' design as a boss is pretty insane. You'll see.

If Dominus dies in act 3, I'll be majorly disappointed. The head honcho of everyone in the ebony legion, and the man solely responsible for sending you to Wraeclast who wishes to uncover the power behind Sarn's fall to become godlike, then gets killed without even surviving an act.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
You know the one thing I hated about d3 from d2 was the not being able to port out of a boss fight. The first boss fight I played in PoE right away was thank you. You can port out. I mean nothing like a 40 min inferno diablo kill in june 2 months after release as a tank barb lol. It was fun but the whole no porting was shit. And PoE pot system by far was a lot better to.

The bosses are easy by design to me here I think because resists just leveling or even in merc and maps. Just make them easy. Piety and vaal can be a little rough solo.

Peity shrine is the only boss not able to be killed off screen which I believe somehow needs to be changed. They all should be like this. Make them run after you or something when ur just owning them 3 yds off screen for easy kill.
Последняя редакция: cavespro. Время: 22 сент. 2013 г., 23:59:56
"
cavespro написал:
You know the one thing I hated about d3 from d2 was the not being able to port out of a boss fight. The first boss fight I played in PoE right away was thank you. You can port out. I mean nothing like a 40 min inferno diablo kill in june 2 months after release as a tank barb lol. It was fun but the whole no porting was shit. And PoE pot system by far was a lot better to.

The bosses are easy by design to me here I think because resists just leveling or even in merc and maps. Just make them easy. Piety and vaal can be a little rough solo.

Peity shrine is the only boss not able to be killed off screen which I believe somehow needs to be changed. They all should be like this. Make them run after you or something when ur just owning them 3 yds off screen for easy kill.

er.. correct me if I'm wrong but I'm 100% sure you were able to take a town portal in a boss fight in diablo 2.. not sue about diablo 3 though..
Последняя редакция: Mythicpoe. Время: 23 сент. 2013 г., 2:18:25
"
VistaChris написал:
Unlike D2 you don't grind act bosses end game here.

You go to maps.

Calling map vaal, piety, mageara, etc. underwhelming is just - lol.

Those forms of bosses with their potential danger mods from maps as part of the leveling/act progress would be ridiculous.

So again not sure how you can compare the end game content of 1 game to the leveling content of another.

How can you ignore what I said in the thread title this much? I said underwhelming by design, not difficulty, power, or the strategy requirements.
Последняя редакция: Millennium. Время: 23 сент. 2013 г., 5:18:35

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация