Cast on Crit

"
Slimwaterman написал:
"
Lutcikaur написал:
Its a little underwhelming. For PBAOE spells like cold snap, and ice nova, it casts it around me... Which is highly depressing. I was hoping that for pbaoe's like thoes it would cast it around the target that was crit. Havent tried fireball but that seems like it would perform even worse.

Like Somebody said before me Cold Snap should be working with this. Can Somebody Try (Confirm/Deny) this?

I also wonder if cold snap linked to Cast on Crit would consume your power charges if applicable?

(I tried the gem shortly yesterday with cold snap and also ice spear but even with 60%crit chance and >30% I didn't see it work any time. Maybe I was tired. Will try with fire skill today)..
IGN: Hydralin
how does the Gem level. Is it just a flat increase of Chance to Cast?

I know the Quality is Crit Chance.

Ign: Slimwaterman
So many misunderstandings. You have to link it to a attack, and if that attack crits, the linked spell will be cast. You can't proc it with spells, you can't proc attacks, the spell and the attack has to be lined on the same item.

It's a fun gem, I'm making a build with it right now, if I'm thinking correctly it'll be OP as fuck, but I'll see. I'll post somewhere, if my build works.
possibly a dumb question but going to ask anyway since I haven't been able to test myself yet. Does the spell that is cast as the result of a crit cost mana?

Second, less dumb question, does the spell that is cast break reave stacks?

My plan would be for a physical dagger build with hatred and an added fire support using cast on crit to cast EK. With reave you would be hitting the same area, but only if reave stacks don't break.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
Последняя редакция: Xalmaren. Время: 24 окт. 2013 г., 11:30:49
I would like to know the above too. But for me it seems lame. In order for it to work even remotely well, you need a 6L. That is expensive. Now, 3 out of 6 sockets will be taken just by: 1) attack kill to use (say Reave), 2) spell to trigger (I was thinking of arctic breath here) and 3) cast on crit support. That leaves 3 sockets open. But for what?
To bet some killing power with it... all I can see here would be like lightning damage, fire damage, chance to crit and crit multi.
Cause faster casting will only affect arctic breath, faster attacks only reave. And supporting reave with phis melee damage will do nothing to the arctic breath. So you will get a sucky attack that triggers sucky spell. Why would I choose that instead of a great attack or great spell?
Plus how am I build the tree that supports both spell damage and reave damage? (<- can be done I guess).
"
petden написал:
So many misunderstandings. You have to link it to a attack, and if that attack crits, the linked spell will be cast. You can't proc it with spells, you can't proc attacks, the spell and the attack has to be lined on the same item.

It's a fun gem, I'm making a build with it right now, if I'm thinking correctly it'll be OP as fuck, but I'll see. I'll post somewhere, if my build works.

Thanks for that info. But how the fck should I understand that you have to crit with an attack?!?
This has to be clarified!
IGN: Hydralin
I thought it was actually clear, your ATTACKS have a XX% chance to cast supported SPELLS on crit. it's a pretty sound, logical, sentence if you are familiar with the game terms used.

Av - if you are building a crit build to make this effective you take as much of that as you can so there is where your dmg can come from for both the attack and the spell. also I don't think cast speed will matter since you are casting only if you attack. focus on attack speed to get more casts off basically. Also this set up lends itself well to elemental equilibrium. Make sure whatever spell you are casting, that element is not on your attack. You have get super high crit chance to make it work well though. It's an interesting concept at least, may not pan out in game, but is worth a try. You are essencially relying on the fact that you are doing multiple skills at one time rather than one big attack.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
Последняя редакция: Xalmaren. Время: 24 окт. 2013 г., 15:16:50
"
Peacebringer написал:
But how the fck should I understand that you have to crit with an attack?!?

The gem description explicitly mentions the linked Attack gets a proc on Crit.
"Supported Attacks have a x% Chance to cast Supported Spells on Crit"
This gem needs to be renamed. It does not really follow the general PoE naming conventions. First of all, it should be "Cast on Crit" and not "Cast On Crit. 'On' is not a key term and should not be capitalized. Probably a simple oversight on that one. Second, 'Crit' should be lengthened to 'Critical Strike' or at the very least just 'Critical'.

We have Increased Critical Strikes, Increased Critical Damage, Power Charge on Critical.

Unless you, GGG, are changing your style, everything related to 'Crit' is always spelled out. I think using shorthand in item names would be slightly bad form as it's inconsistent.
i was really exitet about this trigger gems, but now im really dissapointet as i found out you have to link them with the attak + with the to trigger spell. only the "cast when dmg taken" seems usefull now... thx
Последняя редакция: Charcoal. Время: 24 окт. 2013 г., 16:44:48

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация