Animate Guardian

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped23 янв. 2024 г., 2:57:26
I'm happy that the guardian persists after logout :)
I'm curious if the full healing after any zoning is intended.. but my real question is:
summoning multiple pieces stacks properties/defences/damage? or just substitute them?
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
Exploit:
You can currently heal your Guardian to full health instantly by removing the gem and putting it back into the socket.
I know the guardian is supposed to be persistent and I like that but being able to use this to heal/reset it in combat shouldn't be possible. So current health needs to be stored when it get's unsummoned.

<edit>
also resets position and aggro/targetting so it's really powerfull. Should work on Weapon swap too then. If it stays like this, I'd set my Guardian up on my staff and just use quick Weapon swapping for awesomness.

<edit2>
Minor glitch:
When the Guardian has the Torture Cage ES helmet, a Templar head appears inside. So that's who you're hiding in invisibility? :)
Some Ev/Es Mask has that issue too so I guess there are a few.
... is not a troll
Последняя редакция: trollkind. Время: 23 окт. 2013 г., 20:07:38
I must say i'm pretty disappointed in this skill. I was very much hoping for some kind of persistent guardian that you could trick out with some items at perhaps a penalty to their stats. But instead you get a summon that's equipped in white items that makes all the items disappear when they die?

What i'm trying to say is the skill feels unsatisfying to me. I dont want to risk making it out of good items and if i make it out of regular white items its not going to be good.

Why not let it use any item, and when it dies the items will drop to the ground (bound to you of course) and they cant be used again for the guardian for say, 15 seconds. Or until you pick the items up and drop them.
"
Quark написал:
Why not let it use any item, and when it dies the items will drop to the ground (bound to you of course) and they cant be used again for the guardian for say, 15 seconds. Or until you pick the items up and drop them.

Even zombies cannot be raised from their corpses again. You want the skill to be broken?
Hateful post.
- When 'Key Pickup' option is enabled, I can only use this skill when it's bound to mouse hotkey. Q-T Hotkeys does not work.
- Guardian can use 2 shields: 1 animated and 1 on yourself with Necromantic Aegis. With that setup he get's pretty high block. I would love to make him dualshield Rathpith Globe's. :D
- I wonder if Bringer of Rain's 'Can't use Chest armour' works on it as intended. I'm not rich enough to test it.
- He can be easily healed by removing and reinserting gem. Putting it in weapon and using weapon swap works great.
- He deals much less damage than spectres, and AFAIK there is no way to summon more than one of them.

I think he's best used as tank.
"
Scol91 написал:
- When 'Key Pickup' option is enabled, I can only use this skill when it's bound to mouse hotkey. Q-T Hotkeys does not work.
- Guardian can use 2 shields: 1 animated and 1 on yourself with Necromantic Aegis. With that setup he get's pretty high block. I would love to make him dualshield Rathpith Globe's. :D
- I wonder if Bringer of Rain's 'Can't use Chest armour' works on it as intended. I'm not rich enough to test it.
- He can be easily healed by removing and reinserting gem. Putting it in weapon and using weapon swap works great.
- He deals much less damage than spectres, and AFAIK there is no way to summon more than one of them.

I think he's best used as tank.

That's not true. I have 'key pickup' enabled and use animate guardian with a hotkey.
You have hold the 'Key pickup' key and mouseover the Item while casting the skill.

Edit: Did anyone try linking Skills to the gem to see if they can use it? Or putting skills into the items?
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Последняя редакция: Sneakypaw. Время: 24 окт. 2013 г., 4:14:55
skills can be linked only started and got my first support gem added fire dmg linked to him and he does 20% of his physical dmg as fire not shure what else can be linked but he can only use melee weapons :( so I agree with tank statement since your spectres are probally gonna be ur ranged pets as for items with skills in them it seems like it treats them as ranged weapons and wont let me use the skill even though it is taking my mana :)
"
saereo написал:
skills can be linked only started and got my first support gem added fire dmg linked to him and he does 20% of his physical dmg as fire not shure what else can be linked but he can only use melee weapons :( so I agree with tank statement since your spectres are probally gonna be ur ranged pets as for items with skills in them it seems like it treats them as ranged weapons and wont let me use the skill even though it is taking my mana :)

Actually, I meant active skills.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
I'm going to have to do some more testing with it, knowing that it persists through logout, because right now, at low levels it SUCKS.

Get it into a set of gear, and then it runs off, half cocked, and starts fighting crap, only to die and TADA! Congratulations! It's dead! Start over again.

EDIT:
And just out of curiosity, Why can't the guardian use wands?
Последняя редакция: shoju. Время: 24 окт. 2013 г., 12:26:32

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация