[0.10.0] HP/ES Spork Shadow Battle Mage (Twinkle twinkle deadly Sparks!) [Videos included]

Is there a specific reason why you do this as a shadow and not a witch? Looks to me that you could do it as either or, but I am curious as to why shadow over witch?

"
Neflak написал:
Is there a specific reason why you do this as a shadow and not a witch? Looks to me that you could do it as either or, but I am curious as to why shadow over witch?

Invalesco only likes Shadow :).
Do you actually use spark/fork to level up? Spark is just frustrating at low lvls due to the horrible efficiency of it unless in a tight space.

With GR and a shield on this seems like a fairly safe way to play hardcore

"
heatzz написал:
"
Neflak написал:

Invalesco only likes Shadow :).

haha ya it's one of my oddities :)

"
Neflak написал:
Do you actually use spark/fork to level up? Spark is just frustrating at low lvls due to the horrible efficiency of it unless in a tight space.

With GR and a shield on this seems like a fairly safe way to play hardcore

Agreed Nef, open areas is tough with Spork early on in the game, so your grinding/farming strategy will have to change.

In normal, I tend to use a mixture of Fire Traps + Spork/Spark

In subsequent difficulties I tend to grind ledge in act1 and pyramids in act2.
It is still possible to be efficient at open areas but in order to do so you need to have your sparks travel faster than usual.

You can do those by:
1. Linking a Faster Projectiles support gem to your Spark
2. Having a quality Spark
3. Having items with %Increased Projectile Speed. (Quill Rain can work too!)

Once your sparks travel much faster than usual you'll find that you have absolutely no problems in open areas because your sparks travel so far that you'll end up killing things 2-3 screens away from you. It's always a pleasant surprise killing a mob near you then walking in that direction and finding items lying on the ground. Once you reach that stage of Spork, open areas will no longer disadvantage you as much.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Kajun написал:
dont have a totem on him yet..he is only 29 and yeah at times I prob hit 2 flasks at a time thinking it was double regen..ughh

ok I figured out the issue.
Played another class then came back to this guy... lot of it is timing.

still haven't seen a spell totem yet..ughh
Thanks for the response. Yeah, I really find the first 20-30 levels of the game to be the most challenging in all honesty because a lot of the amazing end game spells require some good support links and early in the game this is hard to obtain for casters.

I have been messing around with some double totem ice spear/LMP/iir on my 65 ice witch after watching a double spork totem shadow in krip's stream the other day.

It is nice, just cast two totems and then spam skellies in front of totems to soak damage up and things just melt away. Only 500 dps on my ice spear totem, but it blows stuff up pretty effectively and leaves me free to just pick up loot and open chests.

I think a spork totem with faster projectiles would kill even better though, and then I could use zombies as extra fodder (no bodies with ice because 99% of them shatter due to freeze).

Have you tried out a double totem build at all?

Seems like double totems are a long ways over there for a shadow to get to, but you could go into witch area for lightning damage and then spend 12 or so points to pickup a second totem and some strength, not sure if its worth the damage increase.

"
Neflak написал:
Thanks for the response. Yeah, I really find the first 20-30 levels of the game to be the most challenging in all honesty because a lot of the amazing end game spells require some good support links and early in the game this is hard to obtain for casters.

I have been messing around with some double totem ice spear/LMP/iir on my 65 ice witch after watching a double spork totem shadow in krip's stream the other day.

It is nice, just cast two totems and then spam skellies in front of totems to soak damage up and things just melt away. Only 500 dps on my ice spear totem, but it blows stuff up pretty effectively and leaves me free to just pick up loot and open chests.

I think a spork totem with faster projectiles would kill even better though, and then I could use zombies as extra fodder (no bodies with ice because 99% of them shatter due to freeze).

Have you tried out a double totem build at all?

Seems like double totems are a long ways over there for a shadow to get to, but you could go into witch area for lightning damage and then spend 12 or so points to pickup a second totem and some strength, not sure if its worth the damage increase.

Yup double totems are pretty far from the shadow tree and in all honesty I don't think they're that necessary for a shadow spork build due to the proximity of all the crit nodes and the GR node which although not necessary, does provide much increased survivability
Build of the Week 14
On the passive skill tree under the Elemental resistance circle, there are some mana, mana regen, and crit chance nodes. Is there a reason they aren't taken?

EDIT: Are there any large benefits to choosing Shadow over Witch? I already made a Shadow and I'm thinking of picking Witch on open beta so I can get easier dual totems.
Последняя редакция: duoking1. Время: 15 дек. 2012 г., 18:08:41
"
CHEEEEEESE написал:
On the passive skill tree under the Elemental resistance circle, there are some mana, mana regen, and crit chance nodes. Is there a reason they aren't taken?

EDIT: Are there any large benefits to choosing Shadow over Witch? I already made a Shadow and I'm thinking of picking Witch on open beta so I can get easier dual totems.

You can choose them if you want! Its just a matter of personal preference :) I preferred not to go for them as I didn't want to get stuck in 1 cluster and wanted to head over to the witch's area instead.

The only benefits afaik are the easier access to crit nodes and an easier time starting due to the nice hp nodes around shadow :)
Build of the Week 14
@Invalesco

1)Any idea how Cast Speed interact with Cast Time?
2)What does it mean it mean by "Cast Per Second"?

Is Cast Speed better or Crit chance a better option?

My Cast Speed build:
Последняя редакция: heatzz. Время: 17 дек. 2012 г., 17:33:00

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация