[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

So I did a bit of reading on mechanics again, and found that crit is being rolled once for whole set of arrows you shoot, while chance to hit is calculated for every monster/arrow separately.

Also I couldn't find confirmation that missed arrow can hit mobs that are standing behind the first one, but from my observation it can.
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
Let your chance of crit be X. Let effective crit rate be X * chance to hit * chance to confirm crit. That is, how many of the attacks you shoot out actually end up being crits.

At Chance to Hit 1 (wielding one of the Attacks Cannot Be Evaded weapons), your effective crit rate is 1X.
At CtH 0.95 (maximum possible with accuracy), your effective crit rate is 0.9025X.
At CtH 0.9, it's 0.81X.
At CtH 0.8, it's 0.64X.

Do you now see why it's a really terrible idea to ignore accuracy?
"
chance to confirm crit

why are you applying accuracy to crits twice?
because that's how it works:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Evasion#Mechanics

"
Evasion also gives an implicit chance to avoid taking critical strikes from attacks. Critical strikes from spells can't be evaded. If an incoming critical strike succeeds its hit roll, a second independent hit roll is performed to determine if the critical is evaded or not. If this roll succeeds, a critical strike is scored. If it fails, the attack still hits, but only for regular damage.
Последняя редакция: ronya. Время: 5 февр. 2014 г., 5:04:52
"
ronya написал:
because that's how it works:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Evasion#Mechanics

"
Evasion also gives an implicit chance to avoid taking critical strikes from attacks. Critical strikes from spells can't be evaded. If an incoming critical strike succeeds its hit roll, a second independent hit roll is performed to determine if the critical is evaded or not. If this roll succeeds, a critical strike is scored. If it fails, the attack still hits, but only for regular damage.

this is interesting, but do we know if game counting that critical strike as "critical strike which was re-rolled to hit" (and thus it will still trigger CoC) or game counting that as flat hit?

I'm kinda confused after reading all that. We would then calculate actual evasion of mobs to know how many actual hits we will land.

Thoughts: so in-game 80% chance to hit is only saying I have 80% chance to hit vs level68 monster. When I go to high level maps, chance to hit is lower, 75% vs level75 monsters and 72% vs level79 monsters.

Then, considering all this entropy stuff, from a set of 8 arrow I shoot with barrage, only 6 would hit at 75% chance to hit. If crit was rolled then every crit will be rerolled again and only 4.5(on average) of 6 inital crit hits will acrually appear from whole set of initial 8 arrows. Then those 4.5 will be rolling if CoC triggers spells and it will reduce amount of triggered spells to 3.96 from 1 barrage set.

This is very sad picture if it's how it works, Actually I'm seeing way more projectiles being shoot for every barrage set.

Последняя редакция: kefirhl. Время: 5 февр. 2014 г., 13:38:52
can anyone suggest me a spell that would be easy to monitor and calculate amount of its triggers? I've recorded a map when I was using fireball, almost broke my eyes trying to calculate the balls) sometimes it's 3, sometimes it's 6. But really hard to tell if I counted those accurately.

How about those? Its difficult to get spelldamage without using a load of passives and 46% only with gloves is huge. The -20% Cast speed drawback is rather irrelevant. Thoughts?

@kefirhl: i´d say firestorm is pretty easy to spot and count. But i guess summon spells would be the best in theory (does summon skeleton always raise 2 skeletons?).
If you can do with no resist and life on gloves, yeah, those are great.

Firestorms overlap, which is a bit of a problem for calculating them. Skeletons'd be a good choice but for the low summon cap. Raging Spirit might be a better choice with their higher summon cap.
Check ColbyCheeze modification of the build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/705481. He is going ia a right direction making CoC scion more viable into high maps. More life passives nods and less spell dmg ones. Eliminating Spell Dmg might help VS Ele Reflect, if you can raise accuracy and speed to get more but weaker attacks can be the wise option.
"
Ornedan написал:
If you can do with no resist and life on gloves, yeah, those are great

Well since i am playing only with Barrage, my mana cost is incredibly low and i am able to play with purity of Elements and either Haste or Grace (differs from map to map but mostly haste). My Life is at 3650 and i am still missing 2 potential life nodes, so i guess thats okay as well. The only real downside i can´t compensate is actually accuracy. But i am running around with 84%, so thats okay as well (thanks to my 300acc quiver and my 150acc ammulet). Now Damage-wise, i have only 12% spelldamage via passives, 15% via power-charges and 9% via Amulet. The potential Damage-output-raise by those gloves is insane.

I guess i´l keep playing with doedres at least until i get to standard-league and am able to get voll´s devotion. Without the accuracy at this point, i might have to change them, since additional endurance charges (for the whole party) is just to good to miss up.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация