1.0.0g Patch Notes

"
Galtrovan написал:

I disagree.

GGG wants to assign iLvl 78 to top end uniques... fine
GGG wants to make level 78 areas map-only... fine
GGG wants us to have to fight through/farm level 78 maps for the top end uniques/rares... fine

But then I fully expect to be able to create and build a character, level up, and play in the level 78 maps AT WILL once I have put in the time and effort to build and gear a character than can handle playing in level 78 maps.

Not being able to play in or ever see the level 78 maps unless the RNG gods shine on you, you have a good map group, and you all are expert traders... is a bunch of bologna. Being able to find the shinies is what keep people playing.

Change the map system. Reduce the map drop rates. Once you find and use a map, it's unlocked for that character. You can enter at will. Still need the map device though. Click on it, brings up your map list. Select the map, choose whether or not to spend currency before entering the zone. Spend nothing, it's a base white map. Otherwise, spend currency to get the mods/bonuses/quality you want. Solo, self-found, no trading players rejoice.

This idea Chris PLZ and hire this guy xD
"And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you"
+1
IGN: vaiNe_
"
Evraeisjebus написал:
"
Galtrovan написал:

I disagree.

GGG wants us to have to fight through/farm level 78 maps for the top end uniques/rares... fine

But then I fully expect to be able to create and build a character, level up, and play in the level 78 maps AT WILL once I have put in the time and effort to build and gear a character than can handle playing in level 78 maps.

Not being able to play in or ever see the level 78 maps unless the RNG gods shine on you, you have a good map group, and you all are expert traders... is a bunch of bologna. Being able to find the shinies is what keep people playing.

Change the map system. Reduce the map drop rates. Once you find and use a map, it's unlocked for that character. You can enter at will. Still need the map device though. Click on it, brings up your map list. Select the map, choose whether or not to spend currency before entering the zone. Spend nothing, it's a base white map. Otherwise, spend currency to get the mods/bonuses/quality you want. Solo, self-found, no trading players rejoice.

Seconded.

Although the party system would have to be tweaked. Can people who haven't unlocked map X enter map X if they're partied with somebody who has? Hmm...

Also, unique maps should be one time use only.
IGN: JohnVonNeumann
Последняя редакция: Orbifold. Время: 7 нояб. 2013 г., 17:48:55
I'd rather map bosses just always drop a white map of the current level. That way you could stay where you were at so long as you got the job done each time. Getting set back in maps for failing to kill a boss that you had set the difficulty of yourself with the maps rolls would be a lot less frustrating than getting set back by a drop drought.

Could buff bosses a bit and nerf the general map drop rate to compensate. You'd still have to spend currency to get good item drops and higher level maps.

I know ggg worries having the highest level content always available can make it boring but it is so lame when you want to play with your highest level character and can't access content that is challenging.

Should also have maps all the way up to 100. Until you make more acts/tilesets/monsters I think players would be fine with you reusing the current ones; ie 79s being the same as 66s, 80s the same as 67s, etc.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
Qarl написал:
Version 1.0.0g
  • Kaom's Heart and Shavronne's Wrappings can now drop outside of maps.
  • The Orb of Chance can now generate Uniques that are higher than the itemlevel of the base type you're trying to roll.
  • Fixed a bug introduced in 1.0.0f where some flask effects would not work.

Huh, I was wondering why my dispel frozen or chilled flask effect wasn't working...

"
Thortag написал:

to put it in stupidese....orb of chance no longer requires certain item level to roll a unique. a gold ring found from twilight strand can roll an andvarius with a chance orb, but a gold ring dropped can't be dropped as an andvarius until map level 71. so yeah, chance your heart away with whatever bases you find, just don't expect these things to be dropped until the levels they have posted as a BASE DROP.

Thanks very much for the stupidese (haha!). This explains it really well.
Последняя редакция: sithren. Время: 7 нояб. 2013 г., 19:30:21
"
Orbifold написал:
"
Evraeisjebus написал:
"
Galtrovan написал:

I disagree.

Seconded.

Although the party system would have to be tweaked. Can people who haven't unlocked map X enter map X if they're partied with somebody who has? Hmm...

I would say that if you are in a party, sure, you can enter and play the map if you don't have it unlocked. However, entering and playing the map with the group would not unlock the map for you character. Unlocking the map for unlimited entry with your character, you would be required to find or trade for the map and use it yourself.

As for the unique maps, yes, those would have to be/remain use-once maps. The unique maps certainly cannot be character unlocks.
Последняя редакция: Galtrovan. Время: 7 нояб. 2013 г., 20:01:15
"
Evraeisjebus написал:
"
Galtrovan написал:

I disagree.

Wow, holy shit. That's a better idea than my item mod suggestion.
+1 for this.
"
Galtrovan написал:
"
Orbifold написал:
"
Galtrovan написал:

I disagree.

Seconded.

I would say that if you are in a party, sure, you can enter and play the map if you don't have it unlocked. However, entering and playing the map with the group would not unlock the map for you character. Unlocking the map for unlimited entry with your character, you would be required to find or trade for the map and use it yourself.

As for the unique maps, yes, those would have to be/remain use-once maps. The unique maps certainly cannot be character unlocks.

I definitely like this idea, the only thing I would add is you have to beat the map's boss in order to unlock it.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard написал:

I disagree.

I have to say I really like the idea of maps being currency after all. just as you can use orbs on items to improve their stats or trade them for something else, you use maps to aquire powerful items or trade them for something else. lets say you spend 30 exalted to have a chance to six link an item you could spend them to aquire some end game maps and roll them properly to have a chance to get a really good and expensive unique. high level maps should not be something you can do regularly just as you dont regularly eternal/exalt items. removing maps as actual items and implementing a system you suggested would imo destroy much of that "item- and currency hunt feeling" that makes that game unique and encouraging to play in the endgame.
ign: kahunB
"
kahunAx написал:
"
Archwizard написал:

I disagree.

I have to say I really like the idea of maps being currency after all. just as you can use orbs on items to improve their stats or trade them for something else, you use maps to aquire powerful items or trade them for something else. lets say you spend 30 exalted to have a chance to six link an item you could spend them to aquire some end game maps and roll them properly to have a chance to get a really good and expensive unique. high level maps should not be something you can do regularly just as you dont regularly eternal/exalt items. removing maps as actual items and implementing a system you suggested would imo destroy much of that "item- and currency hunt feeling" that makes that game unique and encouraging to play in the endgame.

What I suggested the maps would still be item drops. Everyone would still have to find and/or trade for the maps. The only difference is, barring the unique maps, each character would only have to find/trade for a map once in order to access the map, which is why I said the map drop rates should be reduced. The currency sink would still be there. The rich will continue to roll the mods/bonuses/quality they want to improve their reward and chance of moving up into the next level of maps.

If I were to alter the map drops, this is what I would do.

- Level 66 maps would only drop in level 66/67 areas of the game
- A level 66 map can only drop level 67 or lower maps
- A level 67 map can only drop level 68 or lower maps
- Etc. as you move up map levels
- Only the map boss can drop maps of the next higher level. For example, if you run through a level 66 map, while the mobs will have a chance to drop other 66 maps, only the map boss itself can drop a 67 map, and there is no guarantee, it's RNG.
- Spending currency improves the odds the map boss will drop a map of the next higher level. Rare/yellow is better than magic/blue is better than base white. Map quality will also affect the odds.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация