Character on Steam account deleted

Hi Support team,

When PoE came out on steam, I started a character there and was playing it till yesterday. Made a large store/shop microtransactions as well to support you.

Today, I logged in to my beta account on the website and linked the steam account to my original beta account. The message said that the original account will be deleted but after the linking the steam account with my character and purchases/microtransactions were lost.

Please recover it for me. I spent all of the gametime and store purchase on the steam account and not on the original Account. I want the character in my steam account and not the original PoE account.

I have sent a mail to the support email as well. Please let me know if any information is required.

Regards
Also, it will be good to edit the message to make it more clear that the Steam account will be deleted. For me "original account" does not clarify it clearly. Might save other users from deleting their steam character data.

What is the usual turnaround time for PoE support for account related issues?
"
raulverma написал:
Also, it will be good to edit the message to make it more clear that the Steam account will be deleted. For me "original account" does not clarify it clearly. Might save other users from deleting their steam character data.

What is the usual turnaround time for PoE support for account related issues?

Well the latest news post indicates there is a Support backlog of around 1,700 emails and that they're hiring more staff to handle support requests in the coming weeks. I'm unsure what the current turn-around time is but I'd hazard a guess at something like possibly a week?

Your best bet unfortunatly, is to contact Support about this issue and they should be able to fix it for you.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Последняя редакция: Nicholas_Steel. Время: 18 нояб. 2013 г., 8:14:12
I know about the backlog. They made a great game and it was the reason for me supporting them through the microtransactions. I was pretty sure that the game and the devs is worth support with USD 50 in microtransactions. I hope they followup with the customer service part as well. This is my first time contacting them. Already have reached out to support through email. Lets hope I don't have to wait a week to get addressed. :)
Haven't received any kind of acknowledgement from them. DO they send any auto-replies on receiving the support email from us?
"
raulverma написал:
DO they send any auto-replies on receiving the support email from us?

No, they do not.
I got the same problem... both my characters got deleted. Grr, I feel pretty silly, all I wanted was to link my newly created forum account with my steam account.

Are they actually able to restore the characters, or are they lost forever in a case like this?
After seeing a number of these posts I was wondering if there have been any issues or complaints if you have a GGG account and try to merge with the Steam account?
Последняя редакция: OJMonkey. Время: 19 нояб. 2013 г., 0:43:12
For anyone else suffering from this (not just deleting the character, but linking it too) DO NOT LINK MANUALLY if you do not fully understand what you're being told. Send an E-mail to the support team asking for your account to be merged. There has been a lot of players who got the game through steam and are unable to link stash/characters to the forums (such as myself) and feel the only solution is to link it, with the risk of deleting your steam characters and playtime. I'm just glad I don't do anything that confuses me :)
I would suggest removing the option all together, replace it with a message to email support.
"If your a steam user and want to link to the poe website, email us ..."

Instead of click here to link your steam account and then loosing everything ;/

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация