[0.10.0] Eldritch Battery Ethereal Knives Shadow [Videos Included]

I don't see why it wouldn't work with Freezing Pulse as Freezing Pulse and Ek are technically the same type (Spell Projectile).

You cannot support Freezing Pulse with Added Fire Damage or Hatred Aura however, as it doesn't do Physical Damage. Also, you don't have to worry about physical damage reflect mobs, unless you use Bear trap against them.

Otherwise everything is the same.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
Последняя редакция: geffreyy. Время: 15 янв. 2013 г., 12:14:53
"
geffreyy написал:
I don't see why it wouldn't work with Freezing Pulse as Freezing Pulse and Ek are technically the same type (Spell Projectile).

You cannot support Freezing Pulse with Added Fire Damage or Hatred Aura however, as it doesn't do Physical Damage. Also, you don't have to worry about physical damage reflect mobs, unless you use Bear trap against them.

Otherwise everything is the same.

That's what i thought, thanks for the feedback. =D
Thing is there isn't much of a point in running EB if you use FP, it costs a lot less mana and you're not gonna need Hatred anyway so it's not very useful to have a super large mana pool for it. You could incstead check the cold crit builds which are more adapted to FP.
I think that it should be noted that Vulnerability is also a good curse choice. The damage increase to EK is not quite as good, but it also effects Bear Trap which can be useful when dealing with a single target. The increased stun chance and duration vs knockback chance really comes down to preference. I think the two curses come out fairly even so I think Vulnerability deserves a mention in the guide as an alternative to Proj. Weakness.
"
Invalesco написал:
Since you're relying on mana leech, clarity and mana regen nodes are unnecessary. What you will need is a larger mana pool to allow you to cast enough EKs to kill the mobs, so taking %mana nodes is almost definitely needed.

How much %mana increase do you think is necessary? Would 44% be enough if I get 300+~ Int? How about 28%.

I don't feel like lvling more to test since OB is coming out soon.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
"
Qara написал:
I think that it should be noted that Vulnerability is also a good curse choice. The damage increase to EK is not quite as good, but it also effects Bear Trap which can be useful when dealing with a single target. The increased stun chance and duration vs knockback chance really comes down to preference. I think the two curses come out fairly even so I think Vulnerability deserves a mention in the guide as an alternative to Proj. Weakness.

Good suggestion! I'll add it in and update the guide together once OB hits :)

"
geffreyy написал:
"
Invalesco написал:
Since you're relying on mana leech, clarity and mana regen nodes are unnecessary. What you will need is a larger mana pool to allow you to cast enough EKs to kill the mobs, so taking %mana nodes is almost definitely needed.

How much %mana increase do you think is necessary? Would 44% be enough if I get 300+~ Int? How about 28%.

I don't feel like lvling more to test since OB is coming out soon.

It depends on what auras you're using, what ur current mana pool is and what the mana cost of your EK is. You will want to have enough mana to cast EK at least twice. I think you should be able to calculate it from there
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
For auras I will get Hatred and Discipline for sure, and then depending on whether it helps or hurts, Purity.

I will probably not link Chain with EK because the 200% mana cost is a lot! Eventhough chain would be nice.

I'll probably link EK - Added Fire - Faster Projectiles - Mana Leech (other candidates: Iron Will, Pierce)
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
"
geffreyy написал:
For auras I will get Hatred and Discipline for sure, and then depending on whether it helps or hurts, Purity.

I will probably not link Chain with EK because the 200% mana cost is a lot! Eventhough chain would be nice.

I'll probably link EK - Added Fire - Faster Projectiles - Mana Leech (other candidates: Iron Will, Pierce)

I agree with all of this, except purity. Get a reduced mana gem for your % based auras and you're good to go. The mana leech on the EK will be fine, even if you're at 200 mana after auras.

EDIT: I've been fooling around with this build and while I generally like it, around 60 it can be tough to survive unless you have amazing gear. I suggest taking the 3 projectile boosts and the 20 dex/attack speed node out and using those 4 for something more defensive.
http://twitch.tv/carpola - Check me out!
Последняя редакция: carpola. Время: 18 янв. 2013 г., 22:20:49
whats base crit for ek and how important is it to go for crit nodes? my concerns are damage reflect maps
ign: ALLRAUDER
Последняя редакция: Luuu90. Время: 19 янв. 2013 г., 10:31:34
To the person before me, I'm unsure as to the base crit of EK, but crit isn't that important IMO as you're already doing a large base damage with increases added upon that base (i.e. Added Fire / Hatred).

Alright, so I have a few questions of my own being that I've yet to play a mana based EK caster. Obviously mana is a large issue for EK, and thus the reason I played BM, but during end game is it possible to support EK with enough regen to spam in a group setting? I know it was mentioned at the start of this thread that was an issue, but I was curious if that became less of a concern later. If not, then what's the reasoning behind not spending the 4 points and grabbing 90% more ES from the equipped shield from the top templar/witch tree?

Thanks,
Nil
neat.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация