Black Screen during Game

I do not know if anyone else is having this issue as I have not found another thread about it. However, I am getting a black screen while I'm playing. The audio and game still works, but my monitors just black out. I tried several things and I know my graphics card is not overheating. It is completely random and I do not know how to fix it. All drivers are up to date and it started happening since the game launched. I am just wondering if there is a fix to this or if someone can help me solve the issue.

System Specs

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600S CPU 2.80GHZ
8.00GB
64 Bit Operating System
Geforce GTX 560TI
That happened to me as well.
I could hear myself die in the background and I had no control at all. I had to force the machine off to be able to restart. Reset would not work.
I turned off shadows in the options and I reset the BIOS to default values.
My PC is plenty powerful enough to run with the settings high but turned them off anyway.
I actually like no shadows now.
This sounds like a problem with your GPU's drivers and a conflict with your PC's TDR level and recovery registry settings. The safest fix is to first try to do a FRESH install of your GPU's drivers. If it doesn't work there are some registry tweaks you can do to try to remedy the issue.

Re-download whatever version you use for your 560Ti and follow the pictures below.

Unless you have a 3D monitor you don't need the 3D drivers. If you use your monitor for sound via HDMI you probably want the HD Audio driver, otherwise get rid of it. Nvidia Geforce Experience is just a crap program that causes more problems than it solves.

Make sure 'Perform a clean installation' is clicked.
Последняя редакция: devious00. Время: 25 нояб. 2013 г., 13:58:26
I came across this thread, something you should take a look at being a 500 series owner.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/572901/400-500-series-owners-please-read-/

If none of that works follow this guys youtube guide for tweaking the registry. Watch it in HD and you should be able to see what he's doing. Also read his videos description as it requires you to do a few things prior to messing with the registry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt00C-HXFbA#t=14
Последняя редакция: devious00. Время: 25 нояб. 2013 г., 13:58:16
Thanks guys, I'll try your suggestions and see if it works and keep you updated.
"
devious00 написал:
I came across this thread, something you should take a look at being a 500 series owner.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/572901/400-500-series-owners-please-read-/

If none of that works follow this guys youtube guide for tweaking the registry. Watch it in HD and you should be able to see what he's doing. Also read his videos description as it requires you to do a few things prior to messing with the registry.

You seem to know a solution I haven't tried yet to fix this problem I've been having on my pc for about a week now. However I have a gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 video card. I'm having the same problems as OP.

I've tried

- --nosound + --softwareaudio
- installing POE on a different drive
- reinstalling POE
- bios to default settings
- POE on different settings
- Tinkered with processer power management
- Checked temps of CPU & GPU
- Drivers up to date
- Tried PoE on steam
- PoE Packcheck

Everything I tested resulted in a crash afterwards..

It's just PoE that crashes my computer with a black screen, I've tested multiple other games and they work just fine. Any ideas ? =]
Последняя редакция: Supajin. Время: 26 нояб. 2013 г., 3:08:41
had this problem as well playing poe, using a gtx570 which normally runs fine the screen would go randomly black, you could hear the music playing in the headset but the only way out was resetting the pc.

solution here was to slightly increase the voltage on the gpu using afterburner. be careful not to burn your gpu, it's best to control the temperature after you changed the voltage using a tool like "hardware monitor".

reason for the problem is: manufacturers overclocked cards by default but didn't increase the voltage enough so cards run stable over a longer time period. mine was running fine for 2 years until problems started.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Supajin написал:
"
devious00 написал:

You seem to know a solution I haven't tried yet to fix this problem I've been having on my pc for about a week now. However I have a gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 video card. I'm having the same problems as OP.

I've tried

- --nosound + --softwareaudio
- installing POE on a different drive
- reinstalling POE
- bios to default settings
- POE on different settings
- Tinkered with processer power management
- Checked temps of CPU & GPU
- Drivers up to date
- Tried PoE on steam
- PoE Packcheck

Everything I tested resulted in a crash afterwards..

It's just PoE that crashes my computer with a black screen, I've tested multiple other games and they work just fine. Any ideas ? =]

Your drivers may be up to date, but was it a clean install of the GPU driver in particular? If you just simply installed over them then old drivers would be left behind and could cause problems. I'm not to familiar with Radeons, do they have a similar feature as the Nvidia installer in the driver installation when you select Custom Installation -> Perform a clean installation?

If not you just have to do it yourself through the device manager.
Последняя редакция: devious00. Время: 26 нояб. 2013 г., 12:16:15
So it has been a couple days since I have re installed a clean version of my driver and I have yet to get a black screen. I have also switched from Full Screen Windowed Mode to just regular Full Screen. However, I do not know if that is the source of the problem. (I do not think it is) Thank you devious00 because I do believe it is resolved. If it does happen I will try to revert my drivers and see if that helps, but it does not seem to be necessary.
Glad I could help. Happy gaming!

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация