Game causing computer lock-up?

I had a lock up on my machine during the game and I had to completely shut off the machine to get back to the desk top.
It's a new build so it's not overheating. I have a 6 core AMD cpu and 16 gb ram and an SSD.
Also
When starting the game it would do a download and then check resources forever.
I happened to move the box and behind was an error box stating the .exe was write protected in some fashion. That wasn't ticked off in the properties.
It said to reset the machine. After resetting it would work properly until I shut off the machine and started up the next day and got the same issue.
I'm wondering how reliable SSD's are.
I had a windows popup that said my OS wasn't activated but I activated it on day one. So I had to reactivate it and it is running for now.
It's been quiet for about 6 days. We'll see next update.
This game destroys my computer. Granted it is 10 years old and still running XP, but still...

Perhaps it is just time for an upgrade.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
"
Ironmallet написал:
While it's true that PoE has abysmal optimization, a complete lock-up like that likely implies a hardware malfunction.

Normally I'd agree, but it's a bit odd that a hardware issue would *only* manifest itself when I play one game in particular.
Stormcalling 24/7.
"
"
Ironmallet написал:
While it's true that PoE has abysmal optimization, a complete lock-up like that likely implies a hardware malfunction.

Normally I'd agree, but it's a bit odd that a hardware issue would *only* manifest itself when I play one game in particular.

Yup, it's not a hardware problem. It's the game itself conflicting with specific hardware. The devs need to pick it up and actually deal with it instead of sugar coating it with "Oh it's not us it's you". There's more and more people popping up with this problem. Ranging from hard-locks to the PC rebooting itself. I was on the side of having my PC hard-lock, but think I might have fixed my problem and I'll put the link to my thread at the bottom of this post for those with Nvidia cards to try. You could probably do something similar for ATI cards in the Catalyst Control software as well, but I'm not as familiar with it.

The most common areas to note that cause the problem are the later areas of Act 3. I notice when I play in those areas my GPU temp goes up almost 10 degrees, which strikes me as odd. But whatever, it must be the hardware. When I play anywhere else I hover around 32C, but go to Solaris Temple, or Docks, or any of those later areas in A3 BAM 40C+.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/646825
Последняя редакция: devious00. Время: 25 нояб. 2013 г., 22:15:33

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация