Storm Call damage delayed (Info on how it breaks)

Greetings GGG , first of all i would like to thank you for the amazing game. All hardcore fans of dungeon crawlers are surely in love with you , so much <333

I have recently rerolled my main character to a storm call caster after testing the skill and leveling and alt up to 60. This issue didnt occur at all with my alt so i was quite suprised when it started happening on my main character.

Anyway the issue at hand is: If you cast a few storm calls , after they hit it takes up to a second for the server to register that the mobs have been hit and take damage. As you can imagine this is quite game breaking for heroes that use storm call as a main spell. Note that this happens with 40-50ms at all times. So its certainly an issue at how storm call behaves.

Anyway I might have discovered the reason it happens. Storm call has certain breakpoints. At certain cast speed you can cast X amounts of storm calls between the first explosion triggers the rest.

This is a table of how much cast speed is required for X amounts of storm calls to be cast before the skill triggers

I have min maxed my character to have exactly 44 cast speed , or just 1% above of the required cast speed breakpoint. With 44% cast speed storm call bugs ALOT. The damage is almost always delayed. I think it has something to do with the fact that the last sixtt cast barely has the time to register and the damage is delayed because the servers does a double check if the sixth is present or something it that regards. I have equipped another amulet that put me at 55% cast speed and the bug didnt occur at all.

Thanks you ,
best regards blackjack11

edit: here is the link to the full table:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmzWf_9_U-uKdEtNeWVlMEJBaVl6bUVyQ0hGRmF3NVE&usp=sharing#gid=0

All credit goes to the guys from r/pathofexile who did the testing i just marely used it.
IGG: StaySafeUBITONQQQQQQQQQ or Boretoeidiot
Последняя редакция: blackjack11. Время: 6 дек. 2013 г., 15:52:13
Эта тема была автоматически архивирована. Ответы невозможны.
Oh nice table. I wonder where that came from.
IGN: @GreenDude
Последняя редакция: GreenDude. Время: 6 дек. 2013 г., 15:38:00
Nice work, give credit where credit is due too though.
ign HC: Ek_dank Acct name xDank
"
GreenDude написал:
Oh nice table. I wonder where that came from...

He hasn't tried to claim the table as his own, relax.

Nice bug report, fella - hopefully you are on to something here.
IGN: DeadLoss
I get the same thing, but i noticed that this will only happen with the second series of stormcalls casted and after. the dmg of the first series apliess instantly, but when i hold my mouse button, the dmg from the second series is delayed, the mobs will be technically dead, but they proceed to move and attack untill the server confirms that the monsters have been hit and are already dead.

i hope this gets fixed soon, because its really anoying, and can lead to unneccesary deaths.

really enjoying the skill though ;)
"
angrym0b написал:
"
GreenDude написал:

I'm relaxed lol. Im giving the link for those who actually want a source, in a humoristic manner that hints at politely giving credit when credit is due.

Not sure how you interpreted as anything else ^.^
Последняя редакция: GreenDude. Время: 6 дек. 2013 г., 14:41:08
I have this bug, and it bugs me.
i had 25% cast speed when i noticed it.
Useing a cast speed gem i got to 59%, and didnt notice the bug once in a full sins1 run.
"
GreenDude написал:
"
angrym0b написал:
"
GreenDude написал:

I'm relaxed lol. Im giving the link for those who actually want a source, in a humoristic manner that hints at politely giving credit when credit is due.

Not sure how you interpreted as anything else ^.^

It's the ellipsis. It honestly made me think that you were upset for not getting credit. Take it away and it will sound more like a joke, at least to me.
Meow.
"
Meowington707 написал:

It's the ellipsis. It honestly made me think that you were upset for not getting credit. Take it away and it will sound more like a joke, at least to me.

Done :P

Internet communications lol

Didn't know "..." means http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/299/4/3/rage_face_by_rober_raik-d4e0fxk.png
XD
Последняя редакция: GreenDude. Время: 6 дек. 2013 г., 15:40:27
I'm pretty sure '...' means 'Idiot. Get on my fucking level' in internet parlance.
@ucsarge

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация