Open Beta - design changes

"
Xikorut написал:
His point is that CI is hardly even useful now that it is possible to actually make Chaos damage as a whole weaker.

Seriously?

As a life based character you need to take several chaos resist specific nodes or use items with chaos resist - remember this is REQUIRED for a life based character since you have -60 chaos resist at the highest difficulty

"
EpsiIon написал:

I mean, ES Just went from the only class/build/spec that could mitigate Chaos, and the strongest defensive late game option, to basically having all of the previous weaknesses, and none of the strengths.

Critique me if you will, and I admit, a bit of this may be knee-jerk of my own, but this patch is not the highlight of GGG. The balancing reasoning is very shallow, though well orated.

Im simply disappointed.

read my comment above
Nothing to see here.
Последняя редакция: ReZar. Время: 22 янв. 2013 г., 21:29:40
This type of post is exactly why I'm committed to this game. Game developers can learn a lot about generating fan loyalty by observing GGG. Well done guys!
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Not really sure why people are whining.

I had been reading this forums properly for the last 3 weeks..The same word was everywhere on specs.

CI CI CI CI CI CI CI

It was clearly broken and OP,since it was the only thing mentioned 24/7 on specs, CI this, CI that, CI this and that, get energy shield and CI.

The changes seem legit and good to me.
"
potis написал:

Because that is just how some people are, nfortunatly they are here as well... and this game is still in beta so it doesn't even make sense to whine over "changes".
Nothing to see here.
"
As a life based character you need to take several chaos resist specific nodes or use items with chaos resist - remember this is REQUIRED for a life based character since you have -60 chaos resist at the highest difficulty

This isn't true at all, considering they scaled back chaos damage overall. You probably won't need more than 0% chaos resistance to complete 0.10.0 content, I imagine. Plus, life builds have copious amounts of life regen.

Overall, life is significantly better than ES:

-You can get more of it, easier, than ES (1 good roll vs 2)
-It scales linearly with % life regen (which are easy and abundant on the str class passive trees)
-It scales exponentially with endurance charges and life flasks, which provide copious amounts of EHP
-It reduces frequency of stun, shock, freeze and burn
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
EpsiIon написал:

Invalidating a post based on limited information on a post on limited information. You just lowered yourself to my level, and well below it, to simply anyone who reads this.

The reason I say this, is that we have had dozens, maybe even hundreds of threads on the balance issues at hand, with some of the best actual USERS of many of the things nerfed, who outlined many times, in many ways, exactly what was wrong with each of the systems.

Basically none of it was addressed here in anyway of correctly.

To boot, this entire patch, and reasoning, is simply leading me down a chain of thought that is mostly simplifying the game so immensly, that I am rather outraged to SEE this of a game that has prided itself on being as different as possible.

I mean, ES Just went from the only class/build/spec that could mitigate Chaos, and the strongest defensive late game option, to basically having all of the previous weaknesses, and none of the strengths.

Critique me if you will, and I admit, a bit of this may be knee-jerk of my own, but this patch is not the highlight of GGG. The balancing reasoning is very shallow, though well orated.

Im simply disappointed.

We've spent a lot of time working on the balance of this patch and have read through massive amounts of feedback while testing hundreds of different changes and pushing many of them to Alpha for feedback. We've also been very clear about our reasoning behind the changes, posting thousands of words of explanation in this thread. You should try the new version tomorrow and let us know what you think of it.

With all due respect, I don't agree with your criticism of our development/balance process. Please note that the explanation in this thread just represents the reasoning behind the final form of each change, and ignores the dozens of failed attempts to fix each system that we learnt from before finding ones that we're much happier with.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
potis написал:

I had been reading this forums properly for the last 3 weeks..The same word was everywhere on specs.

CI CI CI CI CI CI CI

It was clearly broken and OP,since it was the only thing mentioned 24/7 on specs, CI this, CI that, CI this and that, get energy shield and CI.

The changes seem legit and good to me.

I don't see it either. As far as I understand it, it will still give you complete Chaos Resistance and the ability to use Bloodrage freely. And while you loose the 50% Bonus ES, the patch notes also state, that ES nodes have gotten higher values (or did I dream that?).

Seems still strong to me.
I was really hoping for free range of keybinds in open beta.....I use an orthodox setup in Diablo 3 with the arrows keys and what not and really wanted to copy that over to here.
"
anubite написал:
"

This isn't true at all, considering they scaled back chaos damage overall. You probably won't need more than 0% chaos resistance to complete 0.10.0 content, I imagine. Plus, life builds have copious amounts of life regen.

Overall, life is significantly better than ES:

-You can get more of it, easier, than ES (1 good roll vs 2)
-It scales linearly with % life regen (which are easy and abundant on the str class passive trees)
-It scales exponentially with endurance charges and life flasks, which provide copious amounts of EHP
-It reduces frequency of stun, shock, freeze and burn

Maybe you can get away with getting +60 chaos resist, you still will need to gear/use points to get those 60 resist.

Life builds have "opious amounts of life regen" if they spend the points on it gear for it it doesn't just magically happen.
Nothing to see here.
"
lysar42 написал:

I don't see it either. As far as I understand it, it will still give you complete Chaos Resistance and the ability to use Bloodrage freely. And while you loose the 50% Bonus ES, the patch notes also state, that ES nodes have gotten higher values (or did I dream that?).

Seems still strong to me.

That wasnt my point.

My point was, every since the last 2-3 weeks that i have been actively researching the game, reading everything i always ended up to this word.

"CI"

Pretty much any spec that involved spells Witch/Templar that didnt end in "CI" was useless.

The keystone was clearly broken and OP and the whole change is legit, i dont understand why people are crying over a massively needed nerf, when 9/10 specs i read in these forums after getting into the beta, involve the same passive, then something is clearly broken with that passive.
Последняя редакция: potis. Время: 22 янв. 2013 г., 21:38:35

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация