New to PoE, beginner builds?

Hello everyone, I've been registered on this site for a while now, however I haven't received a beta key, so I will only be able to start playing in a few hours when the open beta starts. I'm going to start playing PoE along with my room mate, and I was wondering, could You guys help us out on some beginner co-op builds? I would like to go for a tanky character ( I heard that would probably be marauder or duelist? ) and my room mate would like to be some kind of a DPS mage, so that we would be tanky and have some damage to pull through the game. Any tips? Been trying to find some builds but they are all "out of date" and they do not even show up in the builder.. Thanks for your time and I'm looking forward to your tips :)!
read the game "guide", it gives kinda good explaination and guiding, also you can check the passives :) next to "Home", press "Game" :)
Последняя редакция: marremurt. Время: 23 янв. 2013 г., 12:09:53
"
Enirox написал:
Hello everyone, I've been registered on this site for a while now, however I haven't received a beta key, so I will only be able to start playing in a few hours when the open beta starts. I'm going to start playing PoE along with my room mate, and I was wondering, could You guys help us out on some beginner co-op builds? I would like to go for a tanky character ( I heard that would probably be marauder or duelist? ) and my room mate would like to be some kind of a DPS mage, so that we would be tanky and have some damage to pull through the game. Any tips? Been trying to find some builds but they are all "out of date" and they do not even show up in the builder.. Thanks for your time and I'm looking forward to your tips :)!

Go to the class forums of the class you want to play and look at some builds there, I'm sure you'll find something.
See you, Space Cowboy...
duelist isnt really tanky,but is overly focused on melee and isnt tough so dies quick and is least puopular,also osme marauder builds turning popular as life leecher or dualwield wand that arent directly pure tank
"
Betaplayer написал:
duelist isnt really tanky,but is overly focused on melee and isnt tough so dies quick and is least puopular,also osme marauder builds turning popular as life leecher or dualwield wand that arent directly pure tank

Not really true, you can build him quite tanky if you wish. There's freedom on builds, if you didn't know. It isn't a linear path.
See you, Space Cowboy...
I went through the Marauder forums but still, it fails to load any build that I try, could you guys copy paste link to some tanky beginner build that could also out put some damage? 1 handed weapon + shield maybe?
Any char can be tanky. Though marauder will probably be the best for starters. You can be tanky and still dish decent damage tho, and I suggest that even the dps witch doesn't go glasscannon. In a party you will kill fast enough anyway.

Tanky duelist? Easy. Just convert your evasion to armor (iron reflexes its called iirc) and take a half of defence nodes :P You make every char tanky on HC for example.
If you are going a tanky build just look at the tree and focus on things like HP nodes and armor nodes. Make your own build. The only ones who can truly tell you what will and wont work right now is Alpha testers and for the most part they arent/cant talk.

The one thing most of us will agree on is if you plan on going melee expect to die...alot. Melee is pretty well known to be weak right now untill GGG can work on them, which they have said they are going to do.

Also you can go to games-items and check what stat requirements will be needed for the type of items you plan on useing so you can also base how much dex/int/str you will need and when then try to accomplish thoes milestones as you create your build.
i get home in 2 hours and will post my *tanky* build on here ;DD it consist of using a weapoin of your choice yet leaving enough points behind so if you want to grab those shield sword mace what ever passives to increase your damage you can!!! it also grabs the +3 endurance charges which is the bread and butter to tanking so that you take less damage and each endurance charge adds to reististance!!! one sec let me re create it in the passive tree rela quick!!!
Zerodyme_Witch (Best Summoner Ever)
Thanks for all the info guys, I've got one more question though. Are there any rules-of-thumb for tanks then? If I would go marauder 1h + shield. Anything I should avoid investing/using? I'm literally clueless about the builds in this game so far, don't want to have to start over again after like a few sleepless nights because I made a stupid mistake somewhere, p.s. are there any respecialization items or something like that? Thanks.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация