[Nemesis] 1.0.3 Violenttadpole's Double Striker | Max Block / Insane Survivability

*The information included in this guide is NOT permanent and can be changed at any time. Most changed / updates will only be made after patches that effect the build.

*This build is meant for nemesis/Hardcore. It has been tested in map content and works even better than intended.

**This build DOES NOT require Bringer of Rain or Aegis Aurora, BUT they make it MUCH stronger. They each cost around 7 exalts in Nemesis.

-------------------------
Table of Contents
-Introduction
-Passive Skill Tree
-Bandit Rewards
-Leveling With The Build
-Current Gear
-Current Stats
-Gear Explanation
-Gems
-Videos
-Updates
-------------------------

Introduction
Скрытый текст

This build began the day Nemesis was released. I leveled a scion and constantly changed the build to get it to what I feel is the best possible build for the skill Double Strike. The build is amazing because it can be done with no gear and can be done with great gear. The scaling on the damage is insane with gear and doesn't require many damage nodes at all. This guide will cover everything you need to know about the build, how to levle it, and what to expect.

Passive Tree Progression
Скрытый текст

20 Points

40 Points

60 Points

80 Points

100 points

120 Points

Bandit Rewards
Скрытый текст

Normal: Help Oak (40 HP)
Cruel: Help Oak (18% Phys Damage)
Merciless: Help Oak / Passive Point (Endurance Charge/Passive Point)

Leveling With The Build
Скрытый текст

First Character Leveling
Скрытый текст
This build is very noob friendly and it doesn't require much currency to get off the ground. The best way to level would be two-handed spectral throw. Get LMP in Act 2 and used that all the way until merciless Act 2-3. Once you get to this point, you can transition over to double strike and begin wrecking.

Using Leveling Gear
Скрытый текст
Leveling gear is the best. This build works great with Facebreaker + Infernal blow leveling because of the passive tree. Just spectral throw until you can equip Facebreakers + Infernal Blow + Melee Splash and then power through to Merciless Act 2-3. Once you get to Act 2-3 you can switch over to Double Strike.

Current Gear (Level 79)
Скрытый текст

Current Stats (Level 79)
Скрытый текст

Gear Explanation
Скрытый текст

Helm: Bringer of Rain is insane. It gives everything we need. The block is amazing for the max block of the build. It also supports our Double Strike with 3 useful gems and this essentially makes our main attack a 7-link. This is not a must for the build, BUT it makes the build MUCH stronger.

Weapon: This build focuses around axes because the optimal weapon is the Soul Taker. Running the Soul Taker would allow for all of our mana to be reserved for auras rather than having to blood magic our Double Strike or use mana leech. Just go for an axe with around ~250 dps.

Shield: Aegis Aurora is also insane. This shield gives back 4% of armor as ES when you block .This combined with max block from having a shield + passives + BoR makes you almost invincible. You need a high enough ES pool (around 500) and then you will almost never dip into your life when you get hit. The shield also gives all resist which is nice and max cold res. Aegis Aurora is also not a must, BUT it makes the build MUCH stronger.

Amulet: Stone of Lazhwar is a great amulet for max block builds. Making our block into spell block is great. This makes your character extremely tanky. Once you can afford to drop your amulet and lose the resists / life / stats, pick this up because you will need it in higher level maps.

Rings: Rings are very important because in the later stages of this build, they are one of the few items we can actually use to get resists. try to get life + 2 reists on each ring and really good other stats would be phys damage / mana leech. if you do not have soul taker or mana leech on gloves, you will NEED at least 2% on one ring.

Boots: Boots for this build can vary. Rainbowstride are ideal because of the spell block, but regular armor/es boots with life and resists are great too. These are not a crucial part of the build.

Gloves: Gloves are also not very important and should just be Armor/ES gloves with life and resists. If you don't have Soul Taker or mana leech on either of your rings, you will need it here.

Belt: The belt is also not very important to the build. Just use the belt for life and resists. Pick between life or phys damage base, but do not get any other.

Gems
Скрытый текст

- Double Strike + Melee Splash + Multistrike + Added Fire + Faster Attacks + Melee Phys Damage + Blind
- Hatred + Grace + Reduced Mana
- Clarity + Reduced Mana + Blood Magic
- Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Enduring Cry
- Leap Slam + Blood Magic + Faster Attacks

Videos
Скрытый текст

Updates
Скрытый текст

Последняя редакция: Violenttadpole. Время: 25 дек. 2013 г., 16:56:27
120 point build
Скрытый текст
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwEsQSzBS0UTRcvGYUaMho4GtsbrRv6I_YkqiXfJ-0ppS3SMZ4yCTWSNuk4ljrYOuE8LT3iR35I7kp9SshMYE3YTeNOKk99UWBT31XWVvpYr1jbWfNZ_lpIW69gS2TnZU1lp2aeZ6Bqk2xGbmluqnB9cmxyqXTteA1673zZgFaApIFvguSE2YTvh3aI8YqvjHaQEZBVlWaVm5uDnjyiAKQZplenhKluq8WsWayqrK-0-bXytkG3F7c-t9O-ir6nvrzAD8AaxLjE9sau0k3V7dX418vdDeJh42rnY-w47g7v8PAf8kXz3frS_MX-Cv6P

Gives 32% more maximum hp
A ton more damage too.

Changes Got rid of Gymnastics and just got the life nodes you just randomly passed by which give more and save 2 points. Got rid of diamond skin reason being if you can afford this gear you should be pretty set on having capped resists on other gear. 2 Points saved. Got rid of amplify as I experimented with it quite a bit when I did soul taker build and its just not worth the 2 points esp if you have 20 20 melee splash. Got the 2 extra life nodes at the top left. Got rid of 1% life regen as you dont really go into your life pool that much with this build so its kinda a waste of a point. Last 3 points used are for aspect of the panther and its absolutley amazing.

100 point build
Скрытый текст
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwEswUtFE0aMho4Gtsb-iXfJ-0ppTGeMgk1kjbpOJY62DrhPC094kd-Sn1KyE3YTeNOKk99UWBT31b6WNtZ81uvYEtlTWaeZ6Bqk2xGbmluqnB9cmxyqXTteA1673zZgFaBb4LkhNmE74d2iPGKr4x2kBGQVZuDnjyiAKQZplenhKluq8WsWayqrK-0-bXytkG3F7c-t9O-ir6nvrzAD8AaxLjE9sau0k3V7dX418vdDeNq52PsOO4O8B_yRfPd-tL8xf4K_o8=
Последняя редакция: Habitatt. Время: 25 дек. 2013 г., 14:47:21
You can try using facebreaker gloves too. With infernal blow for normal and dominating blow for ele reflect maps. Might get same or better dps with good rings and unique belt. And no need to buy a weapon. Rings might be more expensive though.
Have never seen an endgame viable Facebreaker in a hardcore league.
Thoughts:
Stating that you are immortal is sounds childish imho, if you do that, prove it.
You are only level 79, and your gear is not as good is as I expected. I would imagine a more worked out character to show your build, showing how you do very end game map content (75+).
You put much effort to make the build, but not enough in actually playing the game to the very high content, where I believe you intended to bring your character.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Последняя редакция: Márkusz. Время: 25 дек. 2013 г., 16:33:24
"
Penitence написал:
Have never seen an endgame viable Facebreaker in a hardcore league.

Thats odd.

"
Troly написал:
Thoughts:
Stating that you are immortal is sounds childish imho, if you do that, prove it.
You are only level 79, and your gear is not as good is as I expected. I would imagine a more worked out character to show your build, showing how you do very end game map content (75+).
You put much effort to make the build, but not enough in actually playing the game to the very high content, where I believe you intended to bring your character.

I agree, I do need to level the character a lot, but I thought I would make the guide anyway for some fun. Still working on my gear too, but it should be too long since im using Sam's BM farming summoner build to get the currency.
Последняя редакция: Violenttadpole. Время: 25 дек. 2013 г., 16:50:58
"
Habitatt написал:
120 point build
Скрытый текст
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwEsQSzBS0UTRcvGYUaMho4GtsbrRv6I_YkqiXfJ-0ppS3SMZ4yCTWSNuk4ljrYOuE8LT3iR35I7kp9SshMYE3YTeNOKk99UWBT31XWVvpYr1jbWfNZ_lpIW69gS2TnZU1lp2aeZ6Bqk2xGbmluqnB9cmxyqXTteA1673zZgFaApIFvguSE2YTvh3aI8YqvjHaQEZBVlWaVm5uDnjyiAKQZplenhKluq8WsWayqrK-0-bXytkG3F7c-t9O-ir6nvrzAD8AaxLjE9sau0k3V7dX418vdDeJh42rnY-w47g7v8PAf8kXz3frS_MX-Cv6P

Gives 32% more maximum hp
A ton more damage too.

Changes Got rid of Gymnastics and just got the life nodes you just randomly passed by which give more and save 2 points. Got rid of diamond skin reason being if you can afford this gear you should be pretty set on having capped resists on other gear. 2 Points saved. Got rid of amplify as I experimented with it quite a bit when I did soul taker build and its just not worth the 2 points esp if you have 20 20 melee splash. Got the 2 extra life nodes at the top left. Got rid of 1% life regen as you dont really go into your life pool that much with this build so its kinda a waste of a point. Last 3 points used are for aspect of the panther and its absolutley amazing.

100 point build
Скрытый текст
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwEswUtFE0aMho4Gtsb-iXfJ-0ppTGeMgk1kjbpOJY62DrhPC094kd-Sn1KyE3YTeNOKk99UWBT31b6WNtZ81uvYEtlTWaeZ6Bqk2xGbmluqnB9cmxyqXTteA1673zZgFaBb4LkhNmE74d2iPGKr4x2kBGQVZuDnjyiAKQZplenhKluq8WsWayqrK-0-bXytkG3F7c-t9O-ir6nvrzAD8AaxLjE9sau0k3V7dX418vdDeNq52PsOO4O8B_yRfPd-tL8xf4K_o8=

I love what you did. I am going to have to try that on this character now. I put those into the passive progression, hope you dont mind :). Thank you!
Why are you a Scion? You get absolutely nothing from being a Scion - you would be better off being a Duelist.

EDIT: nvm, I guess you CAN use an Aegis, I just figured you'd make it more useful.
@Aelloon
Последняя редакция: Aelloon. Время: 25 дек. 2013 г., 18:41:51
I guess Scion loses node efficiency, but is cheaper due to easily getting 28% trirez from tree.
Nice build, im using a similar build on my duelist, i dont use aegis or the spell block amulet tho, i use a 10% carnage heart and a 1.8k eva shield.
PM @KaspeR_Warbands (Warbands) | @KaspeRHC (Standard)
Standard Atziri Service www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1400006

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация