[1.0.6b] Searing Bond Marauder MOM/EB/IR. Easy, Cheap, Powerful, Fun (FOTM?)

I love searing bond! I started using the skill during the latest Nemesis 1 week race while I was leveling my Stormcaller. After dying, I talked a bit with BDY_SearingBond who was very high on the ladder and I decided to switch completely. My initial build was a Templar but I found I wasted a lot of passive points on mediocre damage nodes and I lacked some survivability. Even so I was able to reach 84, where I was using EB and a Cloak of Defiance. I died in the top 50 of the ladder on the last day running a plateau. The 10-ish devourers that popped up and killed me died before I had the ressurect screen. My death was due to added cold damage being added to the map which gave the devourers' burst the ability to bypass my CwDT/Immortal Call.

People have been bugging me for a build guide, as my initial searing bond attempt was seen on several streams during the Nemesis 1-week race (WillyWonka, ManOcean, ColbyCheeze). I really didn't want to post the build that I used in the 1 week as I felt that it was inferior to what I could have built.

This current version tries to balance the damage/survivability a bit better by grabbing IR and MOM on the tree, which allows me to get a better chest.

Planned Final Passive Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3UjxkuJ-3z3ayqxPZZ8zwtKhPGrlortz4QzCynQYf-Cv6Ho_L56OdjeyCCx4jx-JMo-qxZ6-6YrTWSuJN6qrXypwia4G6q2CSPRp2uRZ1KyDbF0NAabBJpPycfAjbYz2UZhRccKk0EB5wt74VVxiSqcXkVIEyzh2WIGzbpLOktH-xV42r60t0NbRkXL_zFW6_B84bRZ6BOKhjbgh4ksId2KaWtSnTx2wuApEp9Uq8hYIUyzSZAoAUtYEt673Tt8i8YPL0nkzoIZw==

Relevant Passive Attributes

+202 to Strength
+134 to Dexterity
+214 to Intelligence
+167 to maximum Mana
+181 to maximum Life
220% increased maximum Life
5.8% of Life Regenerated per Second
You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
+2% to maximum Fire Resistance
+2% to maximum Cold Resistance
+2% to maximum Lightning Resistance
14% increased Casting Speed for Summoning Totems
28% increased Totem Life
38% increased Totem Damage
25% increased Totem Duration
80% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
48% increased maximum Mana
24% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
+22% to all Elemental Resistances
80% increased Burning Damage
42% increased Fire Damage
+8% to Chaos Resistance
+15% to Fire Resistance
3% increased Effect of Buffs on You
12% increased Radius of Auras
28% increased effect of Auras you Cast
8% reduced Mana Reserved
+42.8% Energy Shield
+40.4% increased Melee Physical Damage
+268 Accuracy Rating
26.8% increased Evasion Rating

Passive/Skill Reasoning:
Searing bond scales really well on levels and off several types of nodes: Fire Damage, Burning Damage, Totem Damage, Increased Damage over time.

Personal Survivability:
MOM+EB+IR+266% Life. Should be good to go, IR gives you great gear flexibility. For a while I used a Cloak of Defiance to save a few points, but I think that with a good chest grabbing the MOM node is worth the 10% loss.

No Ironwood/Lower Arsonist Nodes:
These are worth Net 6% increased damage per point, but only if you invest 6-ish points to get to each. There are already 6% damage nodes I am passing, I try not to grab any damage nodes worth less than 8% per point spent. The Totemic Mastery points for example are only worth grabbing because I pass them. If I start from the Templar area I get the elemental damage in that starting tree, and skip these nodes as they end up being ~7.5% per point for a 5 point investment.

Totem Survivalblity:
A lot of people have commented that their totems die frequently. I find that I re-position totems myself far more quickly than they die in most cases. Totem positioning is an important skill to master with this build, especially if you are linking trap to Searing bond.

Elemental Equilibrium:
EE is great with this build as you primarily only care about your fire damage, I tend to shock-stack and proc EE with a quality Shock-Nova trap. I've also used Lightning Warp Totem, Arc Totem, and Lightning Trap to trigger EE, but triple shock stacking is a great benefit of the shock-nova trap. As most build's don't focus on Lightning Damage it seems to be the safest to proc EE with (Cold messes with groups using Hatred). This build can also completely avoid procing EE by not dropping the traps/totems.

Curses:
I primarily use Flammibility, but I think Vulnerability surpasses it once you grab the Growth and Decay nodes. Vulnerability also works very well in groups. When I want defensive curses (rarely), I go with enfeeble as it fits into the blue socket left by an offensive curse.

Bandits

Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Kill All
Merciless: Kill All

Gem/Skill Setup

The linking for this build is extremely flexible, as Searing bond only really uses a 3-4 link to maximize DPS.

Searing Bond:
Current 5-Link Searing Touch Setup: Searing Bond, Fire Trap, Increased Burning Damage, Minion and Totem Elemental Resists, Item Rarity/Conc Effect (for Fire Trap). 6th Socket: Flammability (I switch this out with Enfeeble and Vulnerability)

Future +3 Fire damage Wand/Sceptre/Dagger setup: Searing Bond, Increased Burning Damage, Empower (level 2), Move Curse/Movement to offhand.

I switch Fire Trap with Trap frequently. When I want more DPS and don't mind the trap activation I use a Trap Gem on my Searing Bond for the Multiplicative increase in damage. In many cases it's hard to use the totem as a trap, so I avoid it due to laziness. Having fire trap on the same links gets double use out of the increased burning damage, and can help fill in the hole in a totem triangle.

EE Procing/Shock Stacking:
4-Link : Shock Nova (Quality), Trap, Multiple Trap, Elemental Proliferation
This setup is great for shock stacking large groups of mobs, especially when I want to use 2 searing bond totems for a larger area of effect.

Trigger setup:
4-Link Immortal Call setup: Enduring Cry, Immortal Call, CwDT, Increased Duration
I keep CwDT at level 1 and level EC/IM appropriately. I then level Increased Duration as high as possible. This setup is particularly good against things like Devourers. The first Devo will proc the IM and the following Devos should hit during the Immortal Call duration especially with the base buff and Increased Duration linked.

Utility Totems
4-Link Utility Totems: Lightning Warp/Arc, Blind, Spell Totem, Faster Casting
you can just switch the two totems out, but I like to have access to both on my bar.so I use this in a 5-link currently.

These totems give me an automatic way to apply EE and the LW totem is particularly useful for indoor areas. Using it as the initial totem drop through a door, especially when using a trap on searing bond. By placing the trap right on top of the Lightning Warp, mobs go to attack the totem, trigger the trap, take lightning damage from the totem warping, then get hit by Searing Bond as it is connected to the moved totem and/or myself. This is the primary strategy I employ to avoid Rhoa charges, Dischargers, and various leaping assholes.

Other things needed to socket:
Auras: Arctic Armour and Discipline+Clarity+Reduced Mana
You can shove the Auras into a 3-link and AA anywhere it fits.

Flammability/Vulnerability, Leap Slam (or a LW setup when I switch to my +3 wand)

Passive Tree Progression and Leveling Notes

My progression is completely subjective and can be varied due to personal preference, gear, or any other factor.
The key is to fill in as much of the skeleton as possible. For MOM/EB I try to grab them both at the same time, the timing tends to coincide with the 2 points I get from Merciless Piety.

For leveling I almost exclusively use fire trap/storm call until I get to 24, then I switch to Searing Bond/Fire Trap. This also means that I can grab Ancestral Bond as soon as possible.

Build Skeleton

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3UjxkuJ-2sqsT2WfM8Lcautz5Bh_4K-ejnY4LHiPEo-qxZ6-41kriTtfKnCG6q2CSdrkrINsUabD8nHwIqTQQHFSBMsyzpLR_dDW0ZW6_B804qGNuCHnTxIWBAoA==

This is the skeleton of the build. I try and cover as much of this as possible as soon as possible. At endgame I like every point to give me a tangible gain with either damage or life.

I'm also including the progression I used below, but it's not a definitive guide by any means.
First 30 points

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3UjxkuJ-3E9qyqWfMqE8MTLKej8jwtxq63Pv4K52OI8axZNZJBh_no

I grab the dual totem node as soon as I can use searing bond (level 24), there aren't any skills that I want to do damage with at that point anyway, as Searing Bond is insanely powerful right from level 1. I supplement searing bond with Fire Trap and hopefully a Searing Touch. Without a searing touch, a +1/+2 Fire Scepter is ideal.

60 Points

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3UjxkuJ-2sqsT2WfM8LSoTxq7DE7c-EMwsp0GH_gr-h6Py-ejnY3sggseI8fiTKPqsWevuNZK4k7Xypwhuqtgkna5KyDbFEmk22Bcc74VxeYgb7FU_JypNFSAs6d0N_MVnoId2Sn0=

Some of these damage nodes can be swapped with Life based on preference, but the idea is to set up EB/MOM to be picked up at the same time. You can also grab EE any time you have a way to proc it.

90 Points

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3UjxkuJ-3z3ayqxPZZ8zwtKhPGrsMTtz4sp0GH_gqj8vno52OCx4jxKPqsWevumK01kriTtfKnCG6q2CSdrkrINsUabBJpPycfAjbYGYUXHCpNBAfvhSSqcXkVIEyziBs26SzpLR_sVeNq-tLdDW0ZFy_8xVuvwfOG0WegTioY24IeJLCHdimldPHbC4CkSn0hYIUyQKAFLWBLeu907Z65

I like to time MOM and EB with the 2 points I get off Merciless Piety. At this point the skeleton of the build is fully fleshed out and all the additional points can be put into Damage and Life nodes.

Current Gear

This is what I happen to be wearing at the moment of this guide. It may or may not be appropriate to my guide. In particular the Animate Weapon in the 5-Link is just silly, I typically have Blind in that spot.

Offhand leveling Stuff:

Gear to be used when Empower Levels:
Empower + Searing Bond + Increased Burning Damage
Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Reduced Duration

CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
Последняя редакция: RichMoney. Время: 6 февр. 2014 г., 15:24:40
I am queit new to the game, I wanna know the reason for why you switch gear when Empower levels, also when do you switch? Right before you press the plus "sign" or while it gains it last xp for the level up?

Best regards Shamatix.
"
Shamatix написал:
I am queit new to the game, I wanna know the reason for why you switch gear when Empower levels, also when do you switch? Right before you press the plus "sign" or while it gains it last xp for the level up?

Best regards Shamatix.

Empower does nothing at level 1, when I place it into a wand that gives +1 to gems, Empower goes to level 2 and gives my Searing bond an additional level. In a +2 Fire Gems, +1 All weapon, my searing bond would get +4 Levels. This does not quite make up for the +2 to fire gems, and the Bonus fire damage that the Searing Touch provides. When Empower hits level 2, it will gives +2 to my searing bond, which combined with the +3 from the wand (+2 Fire, +1 All) should make the damage loss minimal with the gain of defensive stats from being able to wear a shield.

When Empower is level 2 I will switch. I'm not sure what you mean by your last sentence, when the gem is ready to level up I will level it, and I will switch my gear around to use it. It's not something I need to switch the moment it happens.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
Последняя редакция: RichMoney. Время: 6 февр. 2014 г., 12:12:45
The +3 weapon is going to lower your dmg alot.

Searing Bond at lvl 20+ only gets 8-9% more dmg each lvl and you only got +2 more then useing empower in searing touch, that dosent make up for loseing 110% inc burn dmg from Searing touch. So unless you want to use shield for defence its not a good idea.

You would need a sceptre with +3 and fire dmg for it to get close to Searing touch.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
I really like what you've come up with here, seems much better than a Templar start.

The only question that really sticks out for me is do you think you'll get enough mana/mana regen from gear, since you don't get any of the ES nodes and only the one 40% mana regen node.

I was thinking, at least for the 1 week race, maybe picking up the three 8% mana and one 40% mana regen Scion nodes might be good. Then just sacrifice a few health nodes in exchange (the two int nodes and 2 nodes in Purity of Flesh seems best, since they're effectively 6.5% health for four points).

Also, looks like your 90 point link is messed up. It goes to CI instead of EB.
Последняя редакция: Carthuun. Время: 6 февр. 2014 г., 13:09:17
"
Carthuun написал:
I really like what you've come up with here, seems much better than a Templar start.

The only question that really sticks out for me is do you think you'll get enough mana/mana regen from gear, since you don't get any of the ES nodes and only the one 40% mana regen node.

I was thinking, at least for the 1 week race, maybe picking up the three 8% mana and one 40% mana regen Scion nodes might be good. Then just sacrifice a few health nodes in exchange (the two int nodes and 2 nodes in Purity of Flesh seems best, since they're effectively 6.5% health for four points).

Also, looks like your 90 point link is messed up. It goes to CI instead of EB.

Whoops, Ill fix that.

I've actually updated the tree a bit to include the aura nodes by templar and the mana regen by Scion. This really helps with the mana regen, and I've also got a +80% mana regen amulet atm. It was definitely a problem actually, my old templar version had 100% mana regen and I've been missing it.

I've created a new equivalent templar tree where you sacrifice a little tankiness for some better MOM stats Templar Equivalent
poeurl.com/bD4E
"
takeme написал:
The +3 weapon is going to lower your dmg alot.

Searing Bond at lvl 20+ only gets 8-9% more dmg each lvl and you only got +2 more then useing empower in searing touch, that dosent make up for loseing 110% inc burn dmg from Searing touch. So unless you want to use shield for defence its not a good idea.

You would need a sceptre with +3 and fire dmg for it to get close to Searing touch.

Yeah, I plan on losing a bit of damage, but when Empower actually hits level 2, I'll be getting +3 levels on top of my Searing touch, but it wont quite make up for the damage loss. HOWEVER, by picking up a shield I will be gaining a lot of survivalbility: Block, Life, Armour, Resists, Mana (via ES), so I might switch several of my nodes to damage nodes to compensate and even it out a bit.
poeurl.com/bD4E
is there no...awesome gear vid with searing bond? what could be possible and so on?

would like to see where this build can end

can the threadcreator maybe do a video? :D
Последняя редакция: Topper_Harley. Время: 7 февр. 2014 г., 11:01:51
"
Topper_Harley написал:
is there no...awesome gear vid with searing bond? what could be possible and so on?

would like to see where this build can end

can the threadcreator maybe do a video? :D

My current main bonder is up to 74 or so. I'll try and track down some clips from the 1-week race of my Templar searing bonder. I wasn't personally doing capture, but I did do some maps with WillyWonka at endgame.
poeurl.com/bD4E
What sort of DPS does Searing Bond inflict?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация