PoE vs Grim Dawn

hey guys!

whats grim dawn
I have to say that the positive response to Grim Dawn so far gives me hope for a quality ARPG. I need my ARPG itch scratched and neither D3 or PoE are doing it for me :(

I wonder if GGG will actually come around and respond to all the negative feedback due to the poor lootdrops if Grim Dawn lives up to the hype?
"
Arnold_Schwarzenegger написал:
"
Jack_Mayhoffer написал:

I wonder if GGG will actually come around and respond to all the negative feedback due to the poor lootdrops if Grim Dawn lives up to the hype?

Mutually exclusive events

not necessarily, if a large portion of PoE players flock to Grim Dawn instead, GGG will either be forced to make the game more rewarding or fold.
"
ToxicRatt написал:
At the moment Poe is better than Grim Dawn but Grim Dawn is catching it and will soon surpass POE IMHO. Grim Dawn loot drops actually allow you to upgrade your items from drops unlike POE where trade is the key.

People say this but couldn't it just be because in Grim Dawn there is currently only one act? And the level is capped at 25. I mean obviously in the very beginning of the game upgrades come often, its the same in PoE.
"
Xavderion написал:
Just remember, the faster you climb the item spiral, the faster you'll get bored of the game.

Yes. Finding good gear too quickly drives people to get bored and quit the game. Buying at an exponentially faster rate than finding it, though, is a recipe for longevity.

True story.
While PoE and Grim Dawn fit the same genre, both games target different audiences. It is really difficult to compare them when each game has a completely different philosophy.

You are better off comparing Grim Dawn to Torchlight 2 and/or its spiritual successor, Titan Quest.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Последняя редакция: JohnNamikaze. Время: 8 февр. 2014 г., 17:26:01
"
Arnold_Schwarzenegger написал:

Yep and they better watch out for Mario Party 11 too, if that starts garnering a lot of players, some of them might not play PoE instead XD

Yeah sure, no correlation between the success of Grim Dawn and PoE at all... no direct competition whatsoever :P
Последняя редакция: Jack_Mayhoffer. Время: 8 февр. 2014 г., 17:35:46
Played it, really good game.

Things the game already does better than PoE:
-combat animations and feel is few times better than poe. When you hit, they start flying, limbs and blood splashing all around.
-monster design and diversity even now is few time better done than in PoE
-drop rates of low level uniques is also a lot better balanced (yes, you gonna get them when you actually need them)
-there are some secrets on maps, or some other interesting things to find (special rare chests) , not like PoE, where there is nothing than mobs.

The thing the game doesnt do better, and will probably not whne it is finished in future:
-area design visually is not diverse, so most areas looks really similar (even act 2 is similar), also no randomization (or very little)
-skill design also not that diverse. A lot of skills are similar, both visually and mechanically.

Some other things:
-offline game, no lag
-no secured server, so cheating is easy
-support modding

Thats all for now
"
miljan написал:
Played it, really good game.

Things the game already does better than PoE:
-combat animations and feel is few times better than poe. When you hit, they start flying, limbs and blood splashing all around.
-monster design and diversity even now is few time better done than in PoE
-drop rates of low level uniques is also a lot better balanced (yes, you gonna get them when you actually need them)
-there are some secrets on maps, or some other interesting things to find (special rare chests) , not like PoE, where there is nothing than mobs.

The thing the game doesnt do better, and will probably not whne it is finished in future:
-area design visually is not diverse, so most areas looks really similar (even act 2 is similar), also no randomization (or very little)
-skill design also not that diverse. A lot of skills are similar, both visually and mechanically.

Some other things:
-offline game, no lag
-no secured server, so cheating is easy
-support modding

Thats all for now

Any videos of the latest version?
Because this does sound nice.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Hyskoa написал:

Any videos of the latest version?
Because this does sound nice.

There should be a few. I personally have uploaded one, but it's of one of the cheaper, more spammy builds that are possible. I plan to upload a video of a much faster character in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJTLis9lqN0
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация