I just killed a kitten

"
Nightmare90 написал:
You were driven by a misconception and know better now

Thanks for the kind words, but just to be clear; it's not like I thought about it clearly and decided it would just be ok to throw a little kitten. My dog was trying to get at it, it was biting my hand (quite hard, I think I probably need to see a doctor tomorrow to make sure I don't get rabies or anything), and the gate was locked so I couldn't just open it to put the cat outside. The bottom half of the gate is shut off with a metal panel, the top half is metal bars, so I threw it through the metal bars. I was kind of panicking, and not really thinking about it, but I also know cats usually land on their feet so that's why I didn't think it would be a big deal. I definitely didn't think it would die or anything like that.

Edit: also to be clear, there wasn't any major height involved, I live in a house, not an apartment, and I didn't throw it upwards. I still don't get how it landed like that.

Edit 2: Also in case anyone is wondering, I still don't know if it was a stray cat or a pet. A few neighbors saw the whole thing unfold and none of them knew who's cat it was. I could go and ask more neighbors if any of them have lost a kitten, but I can't see how that could end well. I might just leave it.
Последняя редакция: MonstaMunch. Время: 10 февр. 2014 г., 12:03:28
Oh, I see. Don't feel bad, your kitten would have grown up to be an asshole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w3jrIFK7pg

I've had a similar story. I had a cat with a rat that I very dearly cared for. We normally let him run around, knowing the cat wouldn't kill the rat. This is still a very vivid story for me, even though it happened when I was 7. It was very sad for me. Saddest day of my life, perhaps.

Anyway, we went out one day, and we came back and found that we couldn't find the rat. He would constantly squeak and squeak, but no luck in finding him. A few days later we noticed that the room started to smell rotten. We couldn't figure out what it was, so we started to look under the couch. Eventually we found out what happened: the rat got stuck behind the couch, and seeing how it's a fold-able couch, we crushed it to death. I remember the sight of its bones and blood compressed into a pancake. That was perhaps the only time I ever cried in my life for anything I cared for (a tear drop? I'm pretty stoic in general). If we searched enough, maybe the whole event could have been avoided.

So yeah... don't feel bad. I've had lots of pets die besides that. I've fed a hamster one time. Fed with bread (white bread, I think). Was told not to because he'd choke. Result: he did and then died.
"Out of every unique I found so far (20+) all of them are fucking junk to a point that even the vendor tells me to shove em up my ass." - DarkKane

"All hack'n'slash games are based on the carrot on the stick 'method', and in PoE's case the stick is so long I can't even see the carrot." - Odoakar
Последняя редакция: Evlesoa. Время: 10 февр. 2014 г., 12:06:42
"
Evlesoa написал:
Oh, I see. Don't feel bad, your kitten would have grown up to be an asshole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w3jrIFK7pg

I've had a similar story. I had a cat with a rat that I very dearly cared for. We normally let him run around, knowing the cat wouldn't kill the rat. This is still a very vivid story for me, even though it happened when I was 7. It was very sad for me. Saddest day of my life, perhaps.

Anyway, we went out one day, and we came back and found that we couldn't find the rat. He would constantly squeak and squeak, but no luck in finding him. A few days later we noticed that the room started to smell rotten. We couldn't figure out what it was, so we started to look under the couch. Eventually we found out what happened: the rat got stuck behind the couch, and seeing how it's a fold-able couch, we crushed it to death. I remember the sight of its bones and blood compressed into a pancake. That was perhaps the only time I ever cried in my life for anything I cared for.

So yeah... don't feel bad. I've had lots of pets die besides that. I've fed a hamster one time. With bread. Was told not to. He died.

Sorry to hear it. The house I grew up in had 3 cats (all born before me, and all still there by the time I left). My first "personal pet" was a mouse called Wallaby. The cats were fine with him. He ended up having to be euthanized due to getting mites which bit off most of one of his ears. We buried him in the garden in a little box my dad made that said "Wallaby: A Much Loved Mouse". I regard that as being the first traumatic experience of my life. He wasn't in to running around the house much though. He spent most of his time in his converted fish tank/terrarium.

As I've clarified in the above post though, this wasn't my kitten. If it was, I'd have made sure that it and Willem were being civilized to each other before leaving them alone together. This was either a lost or stray cat.

I see.

Well, in this case you can't blame yourself. You didn't do anything to it directly. Sure, oversight would have helped, but that's just life... can't have control over every aspect of every life.

Yes, seeing something you care for just disappear sucks.
"Out of every unique I found so far (20+) all of them are fucking junk to a point that even the vendor tells me to shove em up my ass." - DarkKane

"All hack'n'slash games are based on the carrot on the stick 'method', and in PoE's case the stick is so long I can't even see the carrot." - Odoakar
"
Evlesoa написал:
I see.

Well, in this case you can't blame yourself. You didn't do anything to it directly. Sure, oversight would have helped, but that's just life... can't have control over every aspect of every life.

Yes, seeing something you care for just disappear sucks.

It's more the fact that I did do something directly, I threw it on the ground and it died. I just didn't mean to. Well, I did mean to throw it, but not to hurt it, just to get it to safety, and to stop biting my hand. I dunno. Not much I can do about it now. Way past bed time, I guess I just have to hope tomorrow is a better day :S
Hope you have learned your lesson!
Скрытый текст
Don't toss kittens, their feet are not magnetic yet!
The same as the other thread:

Natural selection

cat carelessly invaded other territory
cat also ignored big thing with big teeth
cat bite the hand that would have had food
cat didn´t stick with mommy or mommy didn´t stick with cat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Natural selection is not pretty, but it is effective.

Last summer my dog killed a baby rabbit it had flushed. It didn't mean too, but had stepped on it to stop it.

I still felt bad.
if it makes you feel any better there are much more horrible ways to die then hitting your head on the ground and feeling a bit dizzy before passing out and dieing.

I'd imagine.
IGN: EviiLe
i remember my cousin once drowned a cat in a tub of ice cold water.. cant remember why though i just remember laughing cause there was blood everywhere cause the cat scracthed him

and we did use to hunt cats with a BB gun, usually we tried to aim at their face or arseholes (i just realized how similar these parts of my childhood are to the film Gumo)

we were young though, it was pretty mental looking back at it

also i remember once when i was drinking with a lot of other people in public next to a jewish church thing whatever they;re called, and some of them started laughing really hard, got up to see what it was, an art student chick shoved a pencil so far up a kittens arse it had died

ive got more but i think these will be enough for the day
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Последняя редакция: VictorDoom. Время: 10 февр. 2014 г., 15:38:52

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация