advice Viperstrike Scion

Hey guys,

i'd like to build a viper strike scion. So far I think this build may work but I'm not very experienced in theory crafting and building chars.
Can you give me some advice? I want to use Arctic Armour so i got many mana reg nodes, armour with iron stances and block for defence.
Support for Viperstrike would be multistrike and meleesplash to get my dots into the groups.
I got some resitance passives so I can focus on life on my equip, weapon? well, maybe the fastest one as any damage source on my weapon doesn't count for viper strike.
Yeah, that's it so far :)
Thanks in advance.
Oh yeah, I think this build may be fun, nevermind the effectivenes but it should be able to do endgame maps, expect chaos resistant monsters :D

edit: omg, forgot the link ^^

Последняя редакция: tekumses. Время: 11 марта 2014 г., 18:05:09
Hi,

Here's a few things you might want to consider :

- Unless you have an unmentioned tactic, the spell damage nodes are useless. Specifically, they do not apply to Viper Strike's chaos DoT.

- With your current tree, and ignoring gear, your mana regen can handle a level 17 Arctic Armor, when you are not moving. However, that's not very practical. If you include the extra cost when moving, your regen can only handle a level 1 Arctic Armor. Which kinda sucks.

(All AA builds I've seen use Eldritch Battery, and usually Mind over Matter as well).

- I'm pretty sure the build could benefit from some attack speed (to apply the debuffs faster, and more generally kill things faster) and maybe also the skill/buff duration passives around the Scion starting zone.

- You took the full circle of crappy Scion 6% life nodes, while ignoring nodes above Master of the Arena (8% Life / 12% Life / 1% Life Regen / 12% Armor + 6% Life) and those to the right of the Ranger zone (8% Life / 8% Life / 12% Life).

With 146% Increased Life in it's current form, I'd consider the build to be somewhat squishy. If you're planning for a Hardcore league, then plan to add the nodes I mentioned above ; if not, death is a bit more affordable, but you'd still gain by replacing the 6% nodes.

Considering you mentioned that weapon damage was a secondary concern, if you play Softcore, you could even take out Path of the Warrior ^^

- To get to the Duellist nodes, you go down the left hand side on Strength nodes. Instead, it would probably be more efficient attain them by linking Iron Reflexes - Leather and Steel - Acceleration.

Hope this helps, Good luck :)
Hey,
thanks for your reply. The spell damage nodes were some kind of error :D

so this would be the corrected build after trying to implement you corrections. Way too many nodes for me ever to reach, should be viable around 80-85. Okay, the first one wasn't either :D
It might be easier to cancel Artic Armour, it's just so cool ;), and spend the 11 points into blocking or other useful stuff if i ever reach such a high level what will probably never happen :-/ What's about Clarity?

Последняя редакция: tekumses. Время: 11 марта 2014 г., 21:05:46
Clarity's cheap with EB, and will help a lot with your increased mana regen.

It still looks a bit squishy Life-wise, but with AA / MoM / Shield block / Increased Armor/Evasion, it may still have a good survivability.

Honestly, I don't see any major flaws. Give a thought on how you want to progress, notably at what level you want to link up EB and MoM, and then you're good for trying it out.

Also, check this : How to make a build - quick start guide

You'll find a lot of good advice to make this work :)
Hi there,
i just read this guide of ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion Build

Right now I#m figuring out how to change it to fit my needs the best. I like the idea to run a maxed out artic armour because as I already said, it's just cool to have the icy trail :D

Changing Spelldmg/ Cast speed against Chaos Dmg and AoE Dmg, getting the increased duration nodes around the scion start and hopefully come to a very tanky AA build. Also I think I can just run two Auras, clarity and discipline, the build seems to run fine with hatred so I don't need grace and can save some points in less mana reserved.

Due to playing softcore I think I can put less afford into life nodes but still try to reach around 150-200% increased maximum life. Still trying to implement a powerful single target. Ain't that easy :(

I'll post an updated version of my Skilltree later this day :)

And some more questions :)
- I've read about the "poison status alligment" does it count for viper strike? Probably not.

- What about multistrike? Does one Singlehit, doubled due to multistrike count as two hits? I'd like to run vulnerability with "curse on hit"
Does it work together with meleesplash or will just get the singlemonster I hit the curse?

- What about Accuracy? I'm running Meleesplash so Viperstrike will become AoE and I won't need to care for accuracy, right?

- Updated Passivetree. Life is still a problem. Decided to go for Resolute Technique so I don't have to care about accuracy.

Последняя редакция: tekumses. Время: 12 марта 2014 г., 18:20:35
Hi,

"
tekumses написал:
Hi there,
i just read this guide of ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion Build

Right now I#m figuring out how to change it to fit my needs the best. I like the idea to run a maxed out artic armour because as I already said, it's just cool to have the icy trail :D

Changing Spelldmg/ Cast speed against Chaos Dmg and AoE Dmg, getting the increased duration nodes around the scion start and hopefully come to a very tanky AA build. Also I think I can just run two Auras, clarity and discipline, the build seems to run fine with hatred so I don't need grace and can save some points in less mana reserved.

I'm not sure Ziggy's Build is the best starting point to make your's. The EB/AA/MoM/Clarity mechanic is the same, but otherwise your builds are quite different. He's running a mana intensive high damage spell combo, you're using a mana cheap DoT skill.

So, you may not need so much Mana. Also, Ziggy can leach on his EK, but you're definitely going to need Life Regen.

"
tekumses написал:
Due to playing softcore I think I can put less afford into life nodes but still try to reach around 150-200% increased maximum life. Still trying to implement a powerful single target. Ain't that easy :(

There's only 74% Life on your posted build ??

For single target, you could slot a second Viper Strike with Curse on Hit + Temporal Chains, and regularly freeze the mob with Freeze Mine (or another Freeze skill ... Freeze Mine just has a 100% chance to freeze, I don't think any other skill has that). Temporal chains will slow down the Mob, so that both the Viper DoTs and the Freeze will last longer.

"
tekumses написал:
I'll post an updated version of my Skilltree later this day :)

And some more questions :)
- I've read about the "poison status alligment" does it count for viper strike? Probably not.

No, it doesn't. Check this

Viper DoTs and Poison stack, though, so you stand to benefit if you can include a poison mechanic in the build. Poison is both Chaos and DoT, same as Viper DoTs. The easy way would be to include the unique gloves Snakebite and run BloodRage, the cheap way to tweak your build to grab Adder's Touch and a few crit chance nodes.

"
tekumses написал:
- What about multistrike? Does one Singlehit, doubled due to multistrike count as two hits? I'd like to run vulnerability with "curse on hit"
Does it work together with meleesplash or will just get the singlemonster I hit the curse?

Not 100% sure about this, but I believe the CoH will proc on each enemy, each strike, so with melee splash + multistrike, you'll be dealing 3 Viper DoTs to the whole pack with each attack :) Try to grab a Doedre's Damning or Windscream, and add Temporal Chains to the mix :)

"
tekumses написал:
- What about Accuracy? I'm running Meleesplash so Viperstrike will become AoE and I won't need to care for accuracy, right?

- Updated Passivetree. Life is still a problem. Decided to go for Resolute Technique so I don't have to care about accuracy.

RT. Yes, definitely, AoE attacks still need to hit ... unless you want to add a Poison mechanic via Adder's Touch, which needs criticals to proc.
Life is indeed very much a problem ^^

"
tekumses написал:

Your previous build was actually better. This one has way too many Mana and ES nodes, and far from enough Life. If you need Mana, you should take Mana Regen nodes. Also, there's no more block, and nearly no Life Regen ... this isn't squishy, it's suicidal ^^

It'd surely be better if you started on your previous tree, and then tweaked it to include what's missing. Maybe something like this ?
Последняя редакция: Kalann_Pander. Время: 13 марта 2014 г., 0:14:39
[Editing error]
Последняя редакция: Kalann_Pander. Время: 12 марта 2014 г., 23:47:06
What about Shield Charge and a good weapon, is it possible to get bosses in stunlock?
I worked on a Viper Strike, Dual Wielding Duelist build in Domination League and got into low level mapping. (There's a url in my signature if you want to read through my thread and see what things I was noticing while I played.)

The biggest problem Chaos builds face is that there is no way to increase your damage output against enemies that resist chaos damage. So unless you have another source of damage, you'll probably want to skip some monsters. With all the DOT nodes, doing damage from Fire Trap could also be beneficial for your build.
Unlimited Blade Works - Illya (Animate Weapon Ranger)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1063521

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация