Cold Crit Ice Spear - Skills and build

A few days ago I posted a "short" skill discussion and build suggestion for Cold Crit Ice Spear Witches over on the PoE subreddit. I'm pretty proud of it have have got some nice feedback. So I thought to myself: Why not make it known to the forum dwellers?

So with a bit of shame I hereby shamefully promote my own work...

Cold Crit Ice Spear Witch - Build suggestion and skill discussion

And now I need to go wash of the shame.
Последняя редакция: tisse. Время: 30 янв. 2013 г., 4:12:50
at first i was like "omg another frost crit thread!!1" but then i seriousd Oo

really great work man! :O this should be made sticky!

edit- i think ull find out soon enough (around act2-3 on cruel) that u die too much, i see a lot of ES nodes, no CI and NO life nodes. How you plan to mitigare chaos dmg? Also no resist nodes? You gonna get all your merciless resists from gear?

I got much more surv build and i tend to die way too much in cruel act 3
Последняя редакция: species258. Время: 30 янв. 2013 г., 4:44:04
Happy that you like it. CI will be taken at some point, just don't know when. Some say around 60 points, other at 2000-2500 ES. (I may want to edit that in...) 24% chaos resist is taken however to help mitigate some of the chaos damage. And I have heard there are chaos resist mods on items in higher difficulties. Just haven't got there yet. Honestly, I'm betting on those items.

Another possibility is to spec into life nodes and when you get to CI spec out of those. However I don't feel like advising people to burn all their respec points unless it's necessary.

When it comes to elemental resistances it barely picks up any. Once again - items. There just isn't that much elemental resistance nodes available. But consider itemisation quickly (assume CI). Health and health regen are useless. Same is all +X-Y damage, well anything that affects attacks really. What this does is reducing the number of attractive mods, a larger portion of the attractive mods are resistance mods.

But I may be so very, very wrong...

Последняя редакция: tisse. Время: 30 янв. 2013 г., 5:10:19
hi :)

thanx for the guide, i play poe since yesterday and my first char in all such games was the frostmage/witch.

i studied many guides and i dont want to skill crap because the respec seems expensive.

is it bad to get CI early because the manashield is too weak?
but if i dont get it early i have to skill in hp (otherwise u are a oneshot later)

i really think that CI gives us a great survibility because we dont need chaos resistance and we only have to pump up the manashield passives.

could u probably make a tree with an early CI + manashield passives? i guess i would prefer this.

grettings
Последняя редакция: rotheee. Время: 30 янв. 2013 г., 6:32:47
im currently running hybrid with 2k shield and 1,6k hp and its AWESOME! i literally cut thru anything in act2 merciless
I was looking at the reddit buid and noticed that it takes a bunch of critical strike chance nodes.
Critical strike chance does not affect spell critical chance.

At least according to the wiki.
Your build is almost exactly the one that I've been following. I have a slight variation on the build. The biggest difference is that I ignore the more distant Evasion+ES/Nullification node set in the Shadow area and the ES cooldown recovery nodes in favor of getting the Armor+ES/Body&Soul nodes in the Templar's area. I did this because 45% ES cooldown recovery is enough that it only takes a second to get the ES to regen, and a single cast of Frost Wall will buy the time for a near complete regeneration. Thus, the rest of the points spent on ES cooldown recovery aren't that necessary.

I also ignore the Witch starting area's +Mana nodes. This allows grabbing the Arcane Potency cluster, which gives +25% spell crit multiplier and +55% spell crit chance for just 3 points. Well, more accurately, I'd take them early, then spec out later on. You can link the right hand side with the left hand side using a single Int highway node.

Anyways, my variation has harder hitting crits and more ES, but slightly less mana and lower ES recovery. Still, very similar builds. Also, I take CI in Merciless Act 2, just before going to the Vaal Pyramid.

Also, premier666: crit strike chance nodes do affect spells, unless they specifically say "X% increased critical strike chance with Y", where Y is a weapon category (One Handed, Two Handed, Dual Wielding, Sword, Dagger, Claw, Bow, Mace, Staff, Wand, Axe). Same holds true for crit strike multiplier.
"
TheMathGuy написал:

Also, premier666: crit strike chance nodes do affect spells, unless they specifically say "X% increased critical strike chance with Y", where Y is a weapon category (One Handed, Two Handed, Dual Wielding, Sword, Dagger, Claw, Bow, Mace, Staff, Wand, Axe). Same holds true for crit strike multiplier.

Really? Huh, I thought it had to say "global" in it to affect everything.
Passives are all global unless they say otherwise; you're thinking of items. A wand with "X% increased Critical Strike chance" only means that the attacks from the wand have X% more critical chance, and that doesn't apply to spells or attacks with another weapon, etc. Also, I did test it in-game to be sure.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация