2H Sword Attack Speed Blood Magic Arrow Dodging (MaxHP / Dodge / Armour)

The Build in Progress
65 Points of 111, 2H Attack Speed, Armour, Evasion, Arrow Dodge, Blood Magic

The Final Build
More resists, evade, and now sword specific nodes

What you get
Lots of attack speed for 2H weapons (Wrecking Ball, Berserking) / swords
Lots of +dmg for 2H weapons / swords (maybe too much?)
Lots of +accuracy for 2H weapons / swords
Lots of +Armour (over +150%)
Lots of +Evasion (over +150%)
Lots of +MaxHP (+138%)
Some HPregen and life steal (2.5% regen Golem Blood+, 2% Blood Drinker)
Can ignore Mana / Mana Potions

What you don't get
Elemental damage mitigation. Diamond Skin won't do much alone.
Critical hit / effect. Getting these on gear wouldn't be wasted, though.
Energy Shield. There are literally zero nodes for Int / ES.
Elemental damage. This just means you get the most out of life steal gear, though.

Active Skills to use
Скрытый текст
Double Strike vs. bosses / elites
Cleave vs. everything else
Leap Slam for mobility

Pretty simple!

As far as auras / curses / traps / charges, I am not experienced enough to comment, and I did not take passives for them. I'll figure out ones that work with this build as I play.

Gear to Look For
Скрытый текст

Early game, just take whatever 2H weapon you find. You won't be filling out sword-specific nodes until much later on. In fact you should probably put them off until last and just take the 2H dps boosts first so you can use the best 2H weapon you find until later on.

Since I did not take Resolute Technique you can use gear / gems with critical strike that you find if you want an easy way to get even more dps.

For defenses, prioritize elemental resists above anything else until you're near the caps. Anything that adds more Armour + Dodge or base MaxHP is the next priority. I have lots of MaxHP multipliers, but no base boosts, so you should see a big jump from adding raw MaxHP. Lastly, more life steal would fit this build since it is pure physical dps. If you are feeling brave you could try Vaal Pact and forego hp potions entirely, but I don't know how well that would work in this build since I haven't played it yet!

Replace those mp potions you don't need now with Granite Flasks and pop them vs. any phys reflect damage monsters immediately, since you'll kill yourself on them pretty fast with all this awesome 2H damage.

Progression While Leveling
Скрытый текст
Rush Blood Magic by route of Executioner then Golem's Blood as you'll be having mana issues until you do. Grab up Berserking and Armour Master on the way there to improve your speed in combat. Next go back and fill in that huge Leather and Steel 6 point ring to help with your not-dying, OR go for Blood Drinker, but you'll want both pretty fast now that you're entirely HP dependent. After getting those start working towards Arrow Dodging since it is your next big survivability boost, grabbing Diamond Skin along the way.

Once you've got these things you can start filling out random nodes as you need them. If you aren't missing, and you aren't dying, get attack speed. If you're dying too fast in general, fill out more Armour / Dodge nodes. If your skills cost too many HP or elemental damage is ruining you, go get Thick Skin and Fitness for +MaxHP.

I didn't use all the passive points on purpose, because I've seen some people saying it isn't worth taking the 111th point from a quest if you really need elemental resists, as the resists reward is more than 1 point can usually get you. Use your judgment on this one.

I mentioned this in the gear part, but, avoid taking the Sword specific nodes until last (or if you find a really great 2H sword). You can boost your dps with generic 2H nodes first and not pigeon hole yourself into only using Swords. If you do end up using a 2H Mace early on go grab Seismic Slam so you still have an AoE attack.

Group Viability
Seems pretty high to me, since you aren't bringing minions or consuming corpses you could duo with a summoner or whatever really. You exist to bring the pain up close and personal, so ranged classes would probably love having you around.

Noobfriendly?
I have no idea, sure hope so! It doesn't seem very hard to use or build.

Comments / Questions?
I tried to make a very simple build that would be easy to understand and easier to play. Jump around cleaving up bad guys and double strike their leaders to death. Sounds fun, right?! If you see some huge flaw in this plan or know how to improve on it, please let me know.
Последняя редакция: EmeraldWitch. Время: 30 янв. 2013 г., 18:20:10
Hehe, I just posted a build similar to yours, focusing on the exact same stuff! Here is my variation, I think you get a bit more life through Fitness, and obviously you have Blood Drinker.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAwAFLQbuFFIVIBm0G6obyBv6HSYhYCP2JKUl3yfVKLUs6Sz7Mgk0NTWGOlI6sz96QKBDMUSeRZZHfkp9U7tVqVYEVvpaSFs9XzlgS2CIYSFhUmMXZU1noGqTbBZsjW1KdO108XrvfpqBOoPbhNmE74Zgh2qHdojtkGySzZLzl3CXtJkrnCedqp65oJ2kGamUq8WsR6y6sHO2Qbfiuc2-p7_VwA_BB8RYypDK085x0k3UUtXt137dDd3j37_igOXF7LbuDu4U707v8PH09Ub7_PxL_MX9kw==

I'm very interested in this playstyle, do you have any experience building a character like this?
"
Serenitii написал:
Hehe, I just posted a build similar to yours, focusing on the exact same stuff! Here is my variation, I think you get a bit more life through Fitness, and obviously you have Blood Drinker.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAwAFLQbuFFIVIBm0G6obyBv6HSYhYCP2JKUl3yfVKLUs6Sz7Mgk0NTWGOlI6sz96QKBDMUSeRZZHfkp9U7tVqVYEVvpaSFs9XzlgS2CIYSFhUmMXZU1noGqTbBZsjW1KdO108XrvfpqBOoPbhNmE74Zgh2qHdojtkGySzZLzl3CXtJkrnCedqp65oJ2kGamUq8WsR6y6sHO2Qbfiuc2-p7_VwA_BB8RYypDK085x0k3UUtXt137dDd3j37_igOXF7LbuDu4U707v8PH09Ub7_PxL_MX9kw==

I'm very interested in this playstyle, do you have any experience building a character like this?

Yup, our builds are similar, and I've debated getting that extra +50% armour near the start of Duelist.

I can tell you right off though, that it seems inefficient to follow up past keystones as often as you have. For example, you spent 2 more points after Deft Blade and Cruel Blade that you really didn't need to, because you could have used those to get Wrecking Ball circle, which provides twice as much attack speed over all 4 of those nodes combined and 6% more damage. You already have access to them, too.

Edit: Also, the other benefit to going for Blood Drinker is the access to the 2x +12% Max HP nodes. You spend tons of points on 8% nodes for no good reason when you could grab these and Blood Drinker and get the equivalent of a free hp node out of them compared to what you're spending on. You really need to focus less on generic nodes and more on getting to important keystones like Thick Skin and Fitness.
Последняя редакция: EmeraldWitch. Время: 30 янв. 2013 г., 12:28:55
I think I'm going to use a variation of your build but pick up the 50% armor at the start. I guess my question is do we have enough accuracy if we're not going all the way up to Resolute Technique?
Последняя редакция: Serenitii. Время: 30 янв. 2013 г., 12:13:14
"
Serenitii написал:
I think I'm going to use a variation of your build but pick up the 50% armor at the start. I guess my question is do we have enough accuracy if we're not going all the way up to Resolute Technique?

Probably? Since dex and 2H swords both provide a boost to accuracy I really doubt we'll be hurting for it. Especially since we have 2H / Sword +accuracy nodes we can take when we feel like we're missing too much.

edit: also I edited my earlier response regarding in-efficient use of nodes some more.
Последняя редакция: EmeraldWitch. Время: 30 янв. 2013 г., 12:30:53
"
Lots of +Dodge (over +150%, +300% vs. projectiles)
No, you've got it mixed up. Arrow Dodging doesn't double your evasion RATING, it doubles your evasion CHANCE. So if your evade chance were 47.5%, it would be 95% vs projectiles.
"
Strill написал:
"
No, you've got it mixed up. Arrow Dodging doesn't double your evasion RATING, it doubles your evasion CHANCE. So if your evade chance were 47.5%, it would be 95% vs projectiles.

Oooh ok, thanks. Well that is pretty amazing and awesome. Even better than I thought. It is still capped at 75% max evasion though, isn't it?
Do you think that running defensive auras like Grace and Determination (for evasion/armor respectively) would be better than running offensive auras like Hatred and Anger?

Since this build lacks resistance (which is maybe something we should look at a bit closer) what about running Purity for more resistance?
"
"
Strill написал:
"

Oooh ok, thanks. Well that is pretty amazing and awesome. Even better than I thought. It is still capped at 75% max evasion though, isn't it?
No. Max evasion is 95%.
"
Serenitii написал:

Oh and the other reason I didn't want Resolute Technique is because it eliminates crit as a useful stat on any gear we find. I figure since we won't have the accuracy issues a pure strength build runs into, we can take advantage of whatever crit stats we happen to find on whatever gear we're currently using. I don't think we should focus our gear towards crit though as our damage output will probably already be high enough without it.

It is more about keeping our options open and making the most out of the gear we run into. Eliminating crit as a useful stat limits what gear we can see as useful, and that would be annoying early on before we can craft super-specific things.

That being said, we don't have any elemental boosts, so we get no benefit from crits applying elemental status effects like elemental crit builds do. This is why I think it is just an "ok" offense stat for us and that attack speed should have a higher priority.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация