GTX570M Computer shutdown after latest patch

Hi!
I've played PoE for quite a while on my GTX570M graphics card and never experienced this. After the latest patch my laptop crashes (shuts down and then reboots) randomly while playing PoE.

It hasn't happened before the patch.

It doesn't happen while playing other games, even more graphic-intense.

First time it happened I didn't know it was PoE related. I took the laptop (MSI GT780DXR) to my local computer store to have it fixed. They ran all the stress tests and everything and it seems my hardware is fine. The drivers are fine too. I came back home, played some other games, then I turned PoE and after 5 minutes it crashed/rebooted again.

Can't really play the game on my laptop atm so it seems the latest patch has changed something essential. I have over 500 hours in PoE so I'm sure it must be something recent.

Last bumped18 марта 2016 г., 13:51:13
PC reboots are almost always hardware or driver related.. there's not much else that can cause it because of windows protections, etc. you should use a program like BlueScreenView to see if you're suffering an automatic shutdown as a result of a blue screen.

PoE might be poking the hardware in ways it doesn't like, but the ultimate failure and reason for reboot isn't PoE.
Thanks.

I appreciate your help but I knew I would get such a response so before posting on forums I went to the local computer store to have the professionals check my hardware/software. Everything is alright according to stress tests they run.
The laptop did not shut down running any other game on max settings. It shuts down running PoE on lowest possible settings.
"
avee написал:
Thanks.

I appreciate your help but I knew I would get such a response so before posting on forums I went to the local computer store to have the professionals check my hardware/software. Everything is alright according to stress tests they run.
The laptop did not shut down running any other game on max settings. It shuts down running PoE on lowest possible settings.

1) The people on the Best Buy "Geek Squad" aren't professionals. Running a few tests isn't necessarily going to cause the problem to happen, and it certainly doesn't mean that PoE is somehow magically causing the shutdown. As I said.. windows prevents access to systems which can cause spontaneous shutdowns intentionally.

2) PoE is not "other games" and there is likely something that PoE is specifically doing that your hardware or drivers don't like. Again.. doesn't make it PoE's problem. It makes it a hardware/driver problem that aren't playing well. If you had a broken rib and I came along and poked it, it would cause you pain. I didn't break your rib, and someone else might not know the rib was broken just by looking at it or poking your other ribs.

3) You didn't answer any of my actual questions (or suggestions) like checking BlueScreenView to see if there are any errors or messages related to the shutdown. You can also (and should) check the Windows Event logs to see if they show any errors around the same time as the shutdown. Those error reports are of vital importance to figuring out what exactly is going on. All we know right now is... you start PoE and after some indeterminate amount of time, your PC shuts down. Not very helpful for figuring out what the REAL cause of the problem is.
gtx 760:

tried the rollback on 327.23 driver // didnt help
newest beta driver doesn't work either

i can somehow play natural selection 2 ( which is crazy hardware hungry ) with maxed settings and stable 50-60 fps

15-20 mins of path of exile thought either crash the nvidia driver, 98% of the cases( black screen wich reverts back to normal after ~20 sek when the driver restarted ), or crash my whole pc 2% ...

happens alot if u alt tab out of the game too

i can also sometimes see the windows tooltip that says that the nvidia driver crashed when it occured on alt tab, but most of the time it just happens mid playing that the screen just suddenly turns black

GPU never goes over 65°

tried the sofware audio and no sound fix too which sadly had no effect

don't know what i can do anymore.... i7 2600k, 8gig ram, Nvidia 760 gtx

plz ggg, plz contact Nvidia and tell em to fix their shit. This makes playing poe a torture :/

sry for my english im not a native
I've experienced this intermittently as well.
GTX GTX760 in Windows 7 64bit environment with 335.23 nvidia drivers.

I have been fortunate that the video driver recovers and I get a little pop-up dialogue above the nvidia icon in the tray stating the driver recovered from a fatal error.

I encountered this condition before upgrading to 335.23, which prompted me to download the latest whql driver set (I believe I was running 332.21 prior).

I have no idea what on my end could be causing this behaviour. I run AIDA 64 and monitor my temps, fan speed and GPU/CPU processor utilization and nothing seems to be maxing out.

My system is otherwise completely stable when doing things unrelated to PoE.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
"
Drakier написал:

3) You didn't answer any of my actual questions (or suggestions) like checking BlueScreenView to see if there are any errors or messages related to the shutdown.

I have BlueScreenview installed and it doesn't read anything because there is nothing to read: I have no miniDump file - I double checked. I get no bluescreens. My rig just shuts down and then reboots - happens with PoE only, even when sitting idle in town.

"
Garr0t написал:

My system is otherwise completely stable when doing things unrelated to PoE.

this is exactly my point.

Win7-64, i7-2670QM, GTX570M.
Последняя редакция: avee. Время: 10 апр. 2014 г., 4:29:00
"
avee написал:
I have BlueScreenview installed and it doesn't read anything because there is nothing to read: I have no miniDump file - I double checked. I get no bluescreens. My rig just shuts down and then reboots - happens with PoE only, even when sitting idle in town.

Then that means your problem isn't likely a BSoD issue. So it's probably directly a hardware fault of some sort. Could be overheating, or power draw.

Have you tried using something like HWMonitor to check temperatures while in-game to make sure nothing is overheating? It's very common for Path of Exile to cause overheating if a machine isn't set up for good heat dissipation (especially in laptops). Laptops aren't meant for gaming in general. Some of them might say "gaming" on the box, but realistically, they're not really made for it due to their size/form-factor/etc. Laptops are meant for mobile productivity (much in the same way as tablets, etc). While some of them can play some games decently, almost all laptops I've seen have overheating problems and heat dissipation issues. It's the nature of laptops. They were designed for web, email, office, powerpoint, etc. They've just tried to cram more stuff in them because that's what consumers want. Doesn't mean it's right.

So I'd check temperatures and see what's going on there.
I was looking here and there and I was asking questions to other GT780DXR / GTX570M users.

Someone claimed that it could have been insufficient voltage on the card. I find that increadibly implausible since I invested more than 500 hours in PoE using the same laptop and it never shutdown / rebooted before.

It cannot be the heating problem either. I give my laptop a good clean every 2 months so that the dust wouldn't amass.

The only thing that has changed in my system recently was the last week Patch - the one with new Ground Slam effect (the skill I don't even use)

I really do blame the latest patch. It must be doing something to my system/hardware. Something essential to stability has been changed and the bottom line is I cannot play. apart from that I'm simply afraid that these sudden shut downs / reboots might have their negative effect on my laptop. HDDs do not tolerate these sudden voltage jumps

"
avee написал:
I was looking here and there and I was asking questions to other GT780DXR / GTX570M users.

Someone claimed that it could have been insufficient voltage on the card. I find that increadibly implausible since I invested more than 500 hours in PoE using the same laptop and it never shutdown / rebooted before.

It cannot be the heating problem either. I give my laptop a good clean every 2 months so that the dust wouldn't amass.

The only thing that has changed in my system recently was the last week Patch - the one with new Ground Slam effect (the skill I don't even use)

I really do blame the latest patch. It must be doing something to my system/hardware. Something essential to stability has been changed and the bottom line is I cannot play. apart from that I'm simply afraid that these sudden shut downs / reboots might have their negative effect on my laptop. HDDs do not tolerate these sudden voltage jumps

You seem to be under the impression that hardware doesn't just fail on its own... well it does.

Just because your laptop has always worked fine before, doesn't mean that it will always continue working fine. It's VERY easy for something to happen to the laptop to cause failures. A little dust gets in there, it gets bumped the wrong way.. a LOT of things can happen to just cause a "sudden" failure. Overheating, as I said before, is one of the most common for laptops due to how they're built, and buildup of dust and other things. Overheating is something that could have worked fine for YEARS and then got to the point where it just started overheating due to old thermal compound, dust buildup, or failing fans (because their bearings fail over time).

So you can continue thinking whatever you want, but as I said before.. software cannot cause your laptop to just suddenly shut down. It doesn't happen. Not without some hardware or driver culprit. That's why you've been asked to run HWMonitor. IT can check both voltages AND temperatures (although I was focusing on temps first to possibly rule it out before moving on since temps are one of the easiest things to check).

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация