So.. if you can alt f4 and disconnect out and avoid death, is hardcore really hardcore?

Hi,

I am not trolling - I just saw that you can disconnect from a game almost instantly in any mode including hardcore. So I can just quit when it gets rough? Really? In hardcore mode I can do this? I mean, would you call that hardcore? Does that not make the test of skill in playing hardcore the skill to hit alt-f4 the fastest? Might as well bind alt-f4 to a skill slot! I am a little disappointed - what do you think?

Perc.
Why not? It takes skill to be fast at logging out when the shit hits the fan, and it still didnt save all the top HC players who died today

Diablo 2 was also like this... D3 was the stupid one that introduced the log out timer for no reason, and Im guessing thats where you are coming from
"
Percopius написал:
Hi,

I am not trolling - I just saw that you can disconnect from a game almost instantly in any mode including hardcore. So I can just quit when it gets rough? Really? In hardcore mode I can do this? I mean, would you call that hardcore? Does that not make the test of skill in playing hardcore the skill to hit alt-f4 the fastest? Might as well bind alt-f4 to a skill slot! I am a little disappointed - what do you think?

Perc.

You need to play high level hardcore obviously. It isn't that easy.
United States Army Corps of Engineers
Essayons
Meh. Manly men dont use alt+f4 they face their end with dignity and fierce combat. Translation: they run and scream like little girls praying to all the gods and demons to not let them die ¨you can have my soul my cats soul and my weekly supply of muffins just, in the name of all that is crunchy dont let me dieeeeee!!!!¨. :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel
As it was proven today, end-game can get you killed in one shot if not careful, so Alt F4 doesn't exactly work there.
By the time you figure out that you need to log out.. it's already too late most times.
i think you are painting all HC players as those who use alt+F4.

even if you did use it, isn't there still a heartbeat timer of a few seconds until we are really out? logging out while surrounded usually results in a dead toon from what i remember, so i thought it was better (and more honorable) to fight your way to safety than try to take the cheap way out.
~SotW HC Guild~

Последняя редакция: scorpitron. Время: 2 февр. 2013 г., 10:12:56
doesnt it take a few seconds before you actually log out? When shit hits the fan those few seconds can get you killed
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
"
scorpitron написал:
i think you are painting all HC players as those who use alt+F4.

even if you did use it, isn't there still a heartbeat timer of a few seconds until we are really out? logging out while surrounded usually results in a dead toon from what i remember, so i thought it was better (and more honorable) to fight your way to safety than try to take the cheap way out.
See you, Space Cowboy...
So, if you can chug down life flasks and stack armor+hp, is hardcore really hardcore?

/sarcasm

Really, it's all about how you play, not what you can/cannot do. Logging out quickly when you realize you're pretty much fucked requires ability at the same level as chugging down insta-hp potions when your character is almost dead.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация