[2.6] Rava's Yet Another Baron Summoner - 9k+ HP - Max Block -

Hey guys.

So as like every summoner this league I've been playing around with the new unique helmet, The Baron, and decided to share my build using it.

This is the first time I've ever written a guide post so this page is a work in progress.

TL:DR (Pros/Cons)
Скрытый текст
Pros
+++Fast, safe, clear speed in "DPS" mode
+++10k+ HP pool w/ (almost) max spell block and attack block w/ ~50% dmg reduction in "Defense" mode
+++Super budget, the most expensive item used is Astramentis but even that's not fully needed
+++Super fun and easy to play
Cons
---Chaos resistance is non-existent (Well, I have -3%)
---Hard to max resistance
---Tons of attribute micromanagement
---Setting up gems / links for "DPS" and "Defense" mode is tedious
---It's a summoner
---You will crash your computer
---Hard to recover if a boss fight goes sour

Stat Panels
Скрытый текст
DPS Mode
Скрытый текст
http://imgur.com/a/UqyHh

Defense Mode
Скрытый текст
No Bone Offering
http://imgur.com/a/BmIHD
With Bone Offering
http://imgur.com/a/rWiSF

Strategy
Скрытый текст
I've been playing this build since Legacy began and have had a blast. This is the strongest and fastest Summoner I've seen to date. In DPS mode using Queen's Escape I can easily clear maps up to Tier 12 without any real issues.

Having two HP pools of about 4k each constantly regening also makes your extremely durable.
For even more defense I set up a weapon switch with Advancing Fortress and Rathpith's Globe which will give me max block and about 1.5k more HP

Minion Counts
1 Guardian + 1 Golem
DPS Mode
12 Zombies, 3 Spectres

Defense Mode
11 Zombies, 2 Spectres

Character Profile - This will show jewels on the passive tree, very important for this build.
Скрытый текст
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TheTwelvist/characters

Passive Tree
Скрытый текст
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAQHBLMOXBEtFCAVJxVQGS4c3CL0Jy8n7Sj6KU8qmCycMZ41kjkLOlg62DrhPC09D0GHRUdFfkeFSbFKyEyzTblQR1SuVcZXDVqRXz9mVGebaGVo8mqsavpr22wLbRluqnase8N8g3y7fRh90oKbgseDX4PMg9uFYIV7iECKr4x2jLGPGpARkDOQVZMnm4qePKEvogCmV6aspwiofarErJitja9sr6e18rc-uJO-T76Kv5fAZsT2xYrGrsk9zLzPftAf0_vUj9fP2L3ZXtlh34rkUevu7Djsiu8O74jv6_Af8h7yRfOb99f5N_no-oD-Cv6B

Bandits: I killed all. When I was in Normal I had no idea The Baron helmet existed so I killed Oak. The final build has about 140% life so it's up to you if you want to kill Oak or help him. Either works.

For Ascendancy Points I'd recommend taking them as:
Flesh Binder -> Soul Weaver -> Mistress of Sacrifice -> Commander of Darkness

Leveling Tips
Скрытый текст
I started this build at the beginning of legacy, when the first posts about The Baron helmet were on reddit I was already about level ~40. When the first few people started throwing up trees that could achieve 1k strength it looked like a huge hassle, and it honestly is. My final tree aims to make the strength stacking as hassle-free as possible while requiring the least amount of strength from gear as possible.

Hitting 1000 Strength
Скрытый текст

Hitting the magical 1000 strength for this build is vital. Geofri's Sanctuary will end up giving about 675 ES at that amount and Shaper's Touch gives about 200% ES at that point. The real durability comes from being able to regen ES and life at the same time though.

The easiest way to hit the 1k strength without making you hate yourself is to replace your gear slowly over time. Before I was using Shaper's Touch, Astramentis, or Umbilicus Immortalis I used really crappy self found rares:
. Over time as I got more strength from the passive tree I would replace gear with uniques. I also didn't start using the Umbilicus until I started mapping as it is quite a big defense loss not having flasks.
My first two rings were also just there to hit the 1k Strength:

The items I'd recommend getting asap would be Geofri's Sanctuary, Alberon's Warpath, and The Baron. These will help you level better than any other uniques used. Queen's Escape is also very strong but it's hard to give up a shield slot while leveling.

The Violent Dead Jewels are also incredibly strong for leveling. Try to fit them in if you can.

When I began maps I had 6-9 points spread out into Dexterity and Intelligence nodes before I refunded them when I got Astramentis.

http://poeurl.com/baVq
This lvl 81 tree reaches 876 Strength just from the passive tree, Alberon's Warpath, and 3 Brawn and 3 Efficient Training nodes. The Efficient training jewels would be in the 3 slots near the Witch, Brawn in each of the strength area nodes, and the final node could fit a Violent Dead Jewel.

The remaining 124 Strength would have to be made up using gear. After aquiring an Astramentis the Dexterity and Intelligence nodes could be refunded, as could many of the strength nodes.

In the end it's awkward trying to say what points you SHOULD take to hit 1k strength because it entirely depends on what level your gear is at.

My final tree can reach 1008 strength with just 49 from my ring and perfectly rolled Efficient Training x 2 and Brawn x2 and a 110 Astramentis

Skills
Скрытый текст
While leveling I used a standard summoner set up of grabbing minion nodes and some ES here and there. I would use Summon Raging Spirits and Echo until my Zombies were tanky enough to survive. Once my Spectre gem was a high enough level and I had access to high level Flame Sentinels and Evangelists they replaced my SRS completely.

The Baron Helmet scales extremely well while leveling. Once I acquired it my minions had no trouble clearing in Cruel, even Malachai.

Items
Скрытый текст
Core Items
Скрытый текст
-The core of the build. Gives zombies tons of HP / Dmg and lets them leech for you.

-Not Entirely needed but lets you
refund about 6-8 passive points
- Pairs very well with the 1k strength, is replaceable but no need to rush
- Helps massively with hitting 1k strength
-Pairs extremely well with chest, helps to build the entirety of our ES pool.
-Makes Zombies / Spectres destroy EVERYTHING.
Flasks
Скрытый текст
I love flasks. There are so many fun combos to be had when your minions get them. Feel free to use others than I have listed here.
- Onslaught, solves the Zombie AI problem and gives our Spectres more cast speed.
-Gives our Zombies tons of Chaos damage
-Regens our minions health, gives them increased damage, and refills our other flasks faster. Amazing. Must Have.
-Blinds enemies, Gives our Spectres more burn damage, our Zombies more poison damage, AND lets us not have to use Curse on Hit.
-Lets our Zombies survive (Can replace with Lion's Roar, Doedre's or others)

DPS Mode
Скрытый текст
"
Zombies have stupid AI.
-Literally everybody ever.

That's true. Zombies do have bad AI, but the second you give them tons of Movement speed they become monsters.

Defense Mode
Скрытый текст
- Gives Fortify, Block, ES, Life. What more could you want?
-Gives a huge source of ES + Spell Block

Gems / Links
Скрытый текст
Zombies
Скрытый текст
The core of our build and they are stuck in a 4 link.
Zombies have two problems that need to be addressed. 1)They need Movement Speed. 2)They need to be level 22.
Our Queen's Escape solves the movement speed issue and our Baron solves the level issue, at least until we get a six link.
For links I recommend

Raise Zombie - Minion Dmg - Multistrike (Sub Slot)* - Poison

*For Phys Reflect or high damage maps I like to sub in life leech for Multristrike, doing so and running Bone Offering and Rumi's Concoction, your Zombies will never die.*

I just recently got my 6 link, right now I'm trying out the following:

Zombie - Min Dmg - Multi Strike - Poison - Empower - Melee Dmg

and

Zombie - Min Dmg - Multi Strike - Poison - Conc Effect - Melee Dmg.

On paper it looks like the Conc Effect would give significantly more DPS / Damage but I have yet to really play extensively with it.

Spectres
Скрытый текст
I prefer using Flame Sentinels over others so my links will be for them.

Spectre - Iron Will - GMP (Or Faster Projectiles) - Echo

Flame Sentinels have natural LMP so the GMP isn't entirely needed.

Also these links are assuming a DPS / Defense mode setup, if you're running low level easy maps then slap them into your weapon and run with Minion Dmg as well and they will melt everything

Auras
Скрытый текст
For this build we run 3 Auras
Hatred, Haste, and lvl 1 Clarity. Discipline can also be subbed in for extra defense instead of Hatred.

Hatred
gives zombies tons of cold damage.

Haste helps them with their slow problem (Ours too)

Clarity
gives our minions 10% attack and cast speed due to Commander of Darkness Ascendancy Point

In order to run these auras you just need Clarity linked with Blood Magic

Animate Guardian / Golem
Скрытый текст
Animate Guardian and our Golem (Either Stone or Chaos) don't need any links. However gearing our Guardian is extremely important

For my Guardian I use
Leer Cast Helmet - This gives our minions (and our allies) Increased Damage
Dying Breath Weapon- Gives minions increased damage and improves the effect of curses.
Victario's Flight Boots- Gives minions and us movement speed (only 10%)

For Gloves and Body Armour I'd use anything you can get your hands on or Belly of the Beast and Southbound. These aren't necessary but do help a lot.

Other Skills
Скрытый текст

Attack Spell
Zombies and Minions will focus whoever you cast on. A lot of Summoners like to use Ball Lighting with a Curse on Hit set up and then use Elemental Equilibrium to benefit Spectres and Zombies. For this build I am running Scorching Ray, to me, it seems Minions respond much faster to Scorching Ray than other spells. The downside to Scorching Ray is you can't use it with Elemental Equilibrium and use Flame Sentinels.

Offerings
I like using all three offerings in this build.

Each offering has it's place.

Spirit Offering

Gives massive damage boost to zombies and let's us restore energy shield when spammed.

Flesh Offering
Gives us movement speed and minions clearing speed

Bone Offering
Caps block for us and minions

Preference for Offerings is up to you.
I usually always have Bone Offering equipped and swap out Flesh and Spirit depending on how hard the map is.

Movement Skills
In DPS mode I like to use Phase Run with increased duration. Phase Run is great because it drops your aggro. Coupled with Flesh Offering it helps you zoom through maps.

In Defense mode Whirling Blades in our Advancing Fortress will give us Fortify, making us even more unstoppable.

Videos - More will come soon. Haven't really recorded any gameplay yet.
Скрытый текст
T10 Quay DPS Mode
https://youtu.be/pqfO5YwEmpE

T10 Quay Defense Mode
https://youtu.be/CNBWyD0ub5Y

T11 Twinned Torture Chamber Boss Fight + Breach Gameplay
https://youtu.be/b6rT-N4Bg1E

Zombie Movement Speed Demonstration
https://youtu.be/_Z361PRPmhU

FAQ
Скрытый текст

Your stupid Queens Escape has a 5link, why aren't your zombies or spectres in it?
Скрытый текст
Zombies need either a 4 link in a +2 helmet or a 6 link with empower to be good.
When I'm running low tier maps as fast as possible then my spectres are in my 5link, I just like having the option to go into defense mode.

Why are you using Queen's Escape
Скрытый текст
Zombies need movement speed to function "properly". With the 100% MS they respond to you instantly and can clear maps extremely well.

Why aren't you using Mon'tregul's Grasp, it got buffed this patch.
Скрытый текст
I don't want less zombies, and everyone uses that weapon. Also builds using that already exist with many more views and replies than this one.

Why is your passive tree so weird?
Скрытый текст
It's extremely hard to get max resistances and 1k strength when you only have 2 ring slots.

You said this build is budget and then you said it requires an Astramentis?
Скрытый текст
I didn't use an Astramentis on this build until about level 80. After I got it I was able to refund about 6-7 points on the tree. It was the biggest investment into the build and helps a ton but is not entirely necessary.

Those flasks and jewels aren't budget either, what kind of scam is this?
Скрытый текст
Most of the flasks suggested are only 1-2c at most. The Witchfire Brew I found early into mapping and I have yet to purchase a Dying Sun or Lion's Roar myself.

For the jewels if you try to min/max them it will get expensive fast, but 2 efficient trainings are only 10c. That's reasonably easy to get.

Последняя редакция: TheTwelvist. Время: 19 марта 2017 г., 7:54:32
Last bumped25 апр. 2017 г., 14:42:54
you're acct is set to private. This is very similar to what I wanted to do, I wanted to go severe and CI. Also if you're using poison on zombies you should be using double dipping gems instead of melee physical, namely minion damage. I'd also use added chaos, faster attacks or multistrike over added fire as added fire has zero synergy with poison.

Happy someone else figured out the tree, I haven't done a stat build before so didn't feel like figuring that out.

Thanks
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer написал:
you're acct is set to private. This is very similar to what I wanted to do, I wanted to go severe and CI. Also if you're using poison on zombies you should be using double dipping gems instead of melee physical, namely minion damage. I'd also use added chaos, faster attacks or multistrike over added fire as added fire has zero synergy with poison.

Happy someone else figured out the tree, I haven't done a stat build before so didn't feel like figuring that out.

Thanks

Account is no longer private, didn't realise it was.

In regards to poison, I guess I totally misunderstood how it worked. I thought it would double dip with the melee phys multipliers. Thanks for the heads up.
Hey TheTwelvist!

I've just started playing with your build and I'm also new to the necromancer ascendancy.
So my question is, what ascendancy nodes should I focus on.
Like what do I pick after normal lab-cruel-merc and so on?
I also understand that it's situational. But I'd say I'm quite good at surviving. So I'd either pick the path toward the 100% spectre dmg, or the res after the norm lab. But yah, I'm clueless really.

Thanks for the guide.
Последняя редакция: Sterfoex. Время: 14 марта 2017 г., 6:26:28
"
Sterfoex написал:
Hey TheTwelvist!

I've just started playing with your build and I'm also new to the necromancer ascendancy.
So my question is, what ascendancy nodes should I focus on.
Like what do I pick after normal lab-cruel-merc and so on?
I also understand that it's situational. But I'd say I'm quite good at surviving. So I'd either pick the path toward the 100% spectre dmg, or the res after the norm lab. But yah, I'm clueless really.

Thanks for the guide.

For my ascendancy points I picked a really weird pathing.

I did Mistress of Sacrifice -> Commander of Darkness -> Flesh Binder -> Soul Weaver.

Really no pathing will be optimal because this build honestly requires all the points.

I would suggest taking Commander of Darkness last, I took it second because it made gearing for max res a lot easier at the time, but I don't see it being as necessary anymore due to how cheap items are becoming.

If I were to redo this build I'd do:

"
For my ascendancy points I picked a really weird pathing.

I did Mistress of Sacrifice -> Commander of Darkness -> Flesh Binder -> Soul Weaver.

Really no pathing will be optimal because this build honestly requires all the points.

I would suggest taking Commander of Darkness last, I took it second because it made gearing for max res a lot easier at the time, but I don't see it being as necessary anymore due to how cheap items are becoming.

If I were to redo this build I'd do:

Thank you very much for the answer. As crazy as it may sound, I'm doing this build on SF. Got the base for the sword and the helm.. But yeah, I'll try to follow your order. On merciless now and I'm kinda surviving so I think the order you just stated is fine. I've got some struggle ahead, but it'll work out somehow!
Последняя редакция: Sterfoex. Время: 14 марта 2017 г., 15:20:43
"
Sterfoex написал:
]

Thank you very much for the answer. As crazy as it may sound, I'm doing this build on SF. Got the base for the sword and the helm.. But yeah, I'll try to follow your order. On merciless now and I'm kinda surviving so I think the order you just stated is fine. I've got some struggle ahead, but it'll work out somehow!

I'll add a leveling section to the guide later today, there was a lot of struggling until late Cruel, but once the build started clicking I knew it would be worth it in the end.
Hey Rava, I was looking at the guide and I was wandering, how do you afford or face the cost of Animating Guardians with uniques if they consume the item forever?
looks interesting
tagging for later
"
EricCB написал:
Hey Rava, I was looking at the guide and I was wandering, how do you afford or face the cost of Animating Guardians with uniques if they consume the item forever?

Animated Guardians only lose the items when they are destroyed. If u re-summon it the items persist. It's very reliable, they don't use to die.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация