Langerz NA classic Spectre Summoner

Hi im langerz50 and I’ve been playing poe for a pretty long time now. The whole reason I even gave this game a try was because I wanted a game like diablo 2 and I saw you could play as a summoner. This build has been around for ages but as the game has evolved and more tools have become available for minions its only got better. I got a fair amount of attention when I posted a video killing shaper and since have had a few requests to post a guide for my summoner. It is capable of doing all the content in the game, guardians, shaper, Uber, chayula and hall of grand masters though it’s not really hard core viable for all of that stuff since I’ve focuses mainly on damage. It’s not a clear speed build but it is good for fairly fast and easy clearing. It can do all current and past map mods in the game although its worth looking out for the gmp and chain combo which can become lethal against certain things even with few damage mods present.

So my aim has been simple. Beat all the content I possibly can with a summoner using permanent minions. I’ve not really been that interested in playing with minions that expire so I’ve not really been interested in fitting in things like SRS but since we don’t have enough gem slots or action slots that’s not an option anyway.

Vids

a number of my vids have out dated set ups but they play basically the same, and if anything you can expect to do better now.
chayula
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jed6QrQ9V5Q

hall of grandmasters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxnLSockOho

uber atziri
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqltojoF1IA

shaper(old set up)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t63WfVG06Y

Gear

For the gear you can get the important stuff pretty cheaply.
The corner stones of the build are midnight bargain and bones of Ullr and then the shield for necro aegis.

For bones of Ullr you should make sure to pick up 15% move speed which after a few days into a fresh league you can potentially find for 1c

For midnight bargain try and get close to 30% minion damage. Also after a while there will generally be some corrupted implicits up for sale with culling strike. Again these you should be able to pick up pretty cheap. I’ve seen decently rolled culling strike implicit go for 1-5c

There are 2 main choices here. Victarioes charity and Rathpith globe. Victarioes offers greater damage potential and clear speed since you will have 3 frenzy charges up most of the time which gives your minions 12% MORE damage and 45% increase attack/cast speed and also you’ll often have some power charges up which gives 200% increase crit chance each. Rathpith on the other hand does offer you some damage (40-60% increased) but it also gives good block, and a lot of spell block (note the block from bone offering is also scaled by the 40-60% spell block) this will make nearly all encounters that don’t involve huge DOTs heal your minions much faster than they can die. The only exceptions are things like uber atziri that only deals hits very hard hits. If you are still having trouble with her try using saffels frame.

I recommend playing around a bit here to find your preference. Victarioes is dirt cheap and while rathpith will be expensive early on in a league (since it’s a map only drop) it usually crashes after a short while.

The rest is more up to you. my gear is as follows

For the chest I recommend using a rare ES chest. It is possible to fit in vis mortis but it will make it pretty difficult to get your stats and cap your res and you will be missing out on a lot of es since we are already gaining none from our shield. Its great fun though if you don’t mind the extra death now and then.
Theres a few options for the helm. It’s important to get +2minion /+1 all gems for your zombies. These work out basically as the same thing as long as you use empower. The vertex is a solid and pretty cheap choice, generally drops to around 10-15c soon after people start farming uber atziri. Alternatively you can get +1 all gems implicit on your boots and that opens you up to a high es hubris. Although its worth mentioning that the 50% reduced mana cost is very nice should you ever need to resummons zombies on the fly and you miss out on going for the move speed enchant on the boots.

For the amulet stun immunity is awesome but I didn’t like the opportunity cost of using eye of Chayula so I used to use a rare amulet, it’s up to you if you need res/stats more but once you can afford it presence of Chayula is simply too good not to use. Having the stun immunity as well as a massive chaos res roll and a big chunk of ES is a no brainer.
For the gloves I recommend using some rare es gloves to cover res/stats and get as much es as possible. Also you can craft 10-15% minion damage here as a prefix.
For rings and belt you’re just covering stats and ES. It’s also worth mentioning that life is beneficial as well where ever you can fit it in. Since we can’t use CI you will be some form of hybrid so getting chaos res where you can is worthwhile. With the vertex and presence, a couple nodes from the tree (purity of flesh) you can cap out chaos res with just one other T1 roll. As a summoner you will be pretty starved for gem slots so fitting in an unset or 2 can really help out. Personally I use 1 for a level 1 clarity for the commander of darkness buff.

For the jewels you will want to run unending hunger. This will grant soul eater to you spectres which will be up basically all the time. Soul eater gives resists, physical damage reduction, character size and most importantly attack/cast speed per soul. When this really gets going you’ll have more cast speed here than from all your other sources. Since it’s a unique and fairly common I recommend trying to get one corrupted with immune to silence.
Other than that you need to get 9% more minion resist to make sure you spectres and zombies are res capped. For all your rare jewels you should also be getting minion damage. Minion life is not needed so just focus on getting whatever res/stats you also need and any es you can.

Flasks and Defensive strategy

My current line up:

I've been experimenting with blind on zombies so If you do that you should use a basalt instead of stibnite, i just haven't rolled it yet.

coruscating elixir gives us over 8 seconds protection from chaos damage and heals our es a bit BUT since it drops you to 1 hp if you have no energy shield and are being effected by bleed say you will die instantly. we use a panicked life flask to instantly heal afterwards.

Rumi's is really strong particularly with bone offering effecting you. Its still worth using even with the nerfed version.

The main defensive strategy relies on our minions taking most of the agro from mobs. This is a very strong defence and when combined with flasks and our high ehp you can withstand some pretty big hits. sadly you will be reliant on es recharge however so if you are taking damage you will need to make sure you find a safe position for a few seconds to regen. Positioning is very important for us particularly during boss fights since we are relying on minions for our damage you will have the freedom to move around a lot while casting arc and offerings now and then. Since minions will take a lot of aggro most fights will be pretty trivial.

Skills and Links

For the spectres I currently find flame sentinels to be the best all-rounder option. They have pretty aggressive AI and will generally sit back a little. They are pretty tanky and will deal pretty high damage over a large area if you use GMP. They are easy to scale and can shotgun (aoe overlap) against tight packs of mobs.

The links are spectre – echo – minion damage – gmp/slower proj – controlled destruction - fire pen.

For the zombies you want them to be as tanky as possible. We cap res on the tree/auras so you want empower (lvl3-4) minion life and fortify. You might want to try swapping in blind to give you some extra defence here or if you’re using animate guardian you can include it here.

Animate guardian is nice since you can equip it with leer cast and dying breath for 33% increased damage and 18% curse effectiveness. The only reason I don’t use it is sadly shaper can pretty easily kill the guardian and I find it off putting not wanting to risk losing the guardian even though the items are cheap. He should be ok with pretty much everything else apart from HOGM and Uber trio may take him down with bleed and degen.

For the auras I use discipline and anger, you may also want to try out haste but I feel anger gives more damage. If you do use anger then you will have to link it with generosity which you’d want to do anyway, since we will be using elemental equilibrium and anger will give us fire damage to arc without it. Also if you have the gem slots a lvl 1 clarity will scale up commander of darkness for some extra damage and cast speed.

Next we need a 4 link for our curse on hit set up. I prefer using arc for this since it auto targets and hits things immediately where as something like ball lightning travels to slowly for my liking. There are 3 curse of particular interest for scaling damage. Flammability, elemental weakness and projectile weakness. Since we will be using EE and fire pen you want to use flammability and projectile weakness, but if you’re really struggling for dex then you can go ahead and use ele weakness.

You could try to get the vaal implicit on gloves for ele weakness on hit if you can also get hold of a +1 curse amulet.

After that it’s a case of fitting in the other utility skill we need. I like having both bone and flesh offering available so in a 4 link I use bone + flesh offering linked to increased duration and vaal haste.

You will also need to fit desecrate in somewhere and I recommend having it linked to a blue socket so you can swap echo in for summoning spectres.

If you have followed my gem set up and have the 1 unset ring you have the space to fit in a movement skill. We are pretty limited here since we have a wand so unless they release something new its flame dash which can add QOL for moving over ledges and such but otherwise isn’t a big deal you could instead opt for a chaos golem for 4% phys reduction or stone golem for taunting.

Tree

Skeleton tree https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAQZJDXwYahslHNwi9Cj6Kpgy0UQERUdGcUuuTblXyVgHWpFqrGwLbRl4L3zlgseFYIhAj0aQM5MnmK2boaaspwiofarEsHe0DLiTvoq_l8k9ytPMvNP72VvfiukC6rrr7vIe99f6gA==

My current tree https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAQFvBLMGSQceDXwRDxFQEZYVJxVQFm8XLxhqGyUc3B0UHU8dqh8YIvQksCj6KpgtqDLRNbk3gzkLOlg7DUQERUdGcUeFR7dJUUmxS65NuVH7VcZV1VfJWAdakVxrXypmVGaeaPJqrGvbbAttGXIPdFV4L3zlfRh_xoCkgseDCYRIhWCGAohAi3qMdoyxjxqPRpAzkyeUb5UumK2bipuhoS-iAKaspwinK6h9qsSsmLB3sZC0DLcxuJO-T76Avoq_l8Bmw23JPcrTzLzNFtP718_ZW9le2t3fiuGI4vfjaukC6rrr7uyK74jv6_Af8NXyHvfX-Tf6gPrS_kn-gQ

If your levelling as a summoner then you want to get the skeleton tree base and from there you can get your curses, es nodes and any aura nodes you want. There’s a couple minion health nodes I don’t bother with which might be helpful early on but won’t be required later. Theres a lot of flexability in this so you don’t need to follow my tree exactly. Once you have the base sorted From there you can get aura effectiveness, es, jewel slots and any stats you still need to cover.

Note on levelling

So for levelling the fastest way is to level as something else and transition when you can get flame sentinels from merciless lab. If you hate levelling as other builds and are not put off by a slower pace then it’s pretty easy to level with zombies.

The worst part is the early game. By around act 3 when you have most of the minion nodes in play they should no longer really die to anything with a +1 helm or better yet matua tapuna linking zombies with minion damage and melee splash. (note since zombies now use an aoe slam somewhat often multistrike may be better than melee splash since the slams may be good enough for aoe clearing).
You can get bones of Ullr early on as well and you might as well use aurumvorax for up to 60 all res on your weapon slot. Also use vulnerability curse to help your zombies.

Boss fights will all be trivial and this will easily carry you all the way though to maps with little effort. At this point you should be looking to get your +2 helm and transition to necromantic aegis and start relying entirely on your spectres for damage.

Swapping in midnight bargain once you can get the res along with a decent effective health pool. Personally I’d say you don’t need to worry about doing lab at least until you can do cruel lab for soul weaver and then get mistress of sacrifice in merciless. Otherwise grab mistress of sacrifice on normal so you can get the bonus from flesh offering early and settle for soul weaver in merciless. I then grab commander of darkness from uber lab.

Spectre levels and where to summon them

So if you haven’t played a spectre summoner before you might not be aware that they will be the same level as the corpse you use to summon them. They are also capped by the zone level you are in. This means that if you raise them from lab in merciless they will be level 68 at max (you need to make sure desecrate is high enough level so the corpses are at least as high as the zone level).

When you go to a lower level zone the spectres level will drop to match it, and then return once you go back into a high level zone. They will however not scale up so finding them in a high level map is important. Since I mostly play high level content I haven’t tested every map but below is a list of maps I’ve checked they can spawn in. In order to get them 100% of the time you will need to make sure you have some active. Then when you enter a map that CAN spawn them and does not have a map mod such as area contains demons then you will be able to get them from desecrate. They can be found in shapers realm but you might have to cast desecrate a ton of times so usually I just run with T16 spectres.

Tier 7: catacomb
Tier 10: quay, colonnade
Tier 11: precinct
Tier 12: ivory temple, residence, necropolis, vault
Tier 13: scriptorium, waterways
Tier 14: maze, shrine
Tier15: colosseum (overgrown shrine as well but either I’m really unlucky or the corpses just spawn really rarely)
Tier16: hydra, chimera, phoenix, vaal temple.

This list isn’t exhaustive. They are available from a bunch of other maps but since you only need do this once on your highest map per log in I can only say that t15 and 16 are complete unless I’ve been very unlucky.

This is my first guide so I hope its been helpful and the layout isn't too awkward to follow, if theres anything I've left out or any questions you have feel free to post here, or you can message me in game.
Последняя редакция: langerz50. Время: 12 июня 2017 г., 5:49:51
Last bumped22 апр. 2017 г., 18:37:10

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация