Kamikazee Minions build (build of the week submission)

Build enabling Uniques and Keystones:

This build utilizes summon skeletons, the
, and the
with the Necromantic Aegis, and Minion Instability keystones.

How the build works:

The idea of the build is, that you summon the skeletons, and they take a third of their life as fire per second (the shield reduces the resists of the minions, so they take more damage) and when they reach low life they explode.
I managed to find a mace with almost the highest possible damage taken per second roll there is, and a perfect increased minion damage roll. Usually the minions lose life per second roll is best if it is as low as possible, but in this build the opposite is relevant, since the more life they lose per second, the smaller the delay is between the summon, and the explosion.
With these rolls, the minions explode after roughly 2-2.5 seconds, which is enough for them to seek out the closest enemies and hit them, covering them with ash, meaning that the enemies are gonna take more damage, when the minions explode.

Class and Ascendancy choice:

Necromancer Witch is the obvious choice, just becouse of the Bone Sculptor Ascendancy node, becouse it basically means you summon 3 skeletons instead of one with one cast, meaning 3 explosions are going to go off instead of one, practically trippling your DPS.
First you need to go for the Bone Sculptor, then for the Flesh Binder, the last 2 points can be whatever you like, although i dont recommend Commander of Darkness, becouse it increases the resistences of your nearby minions too, making the explosions to happen later, and i dont recommend soul waever either, since the build doesnt use spectres. If i ll have my uber lab unlocked, i ll go for Puppet master for the minion movement speed and the increased minion damage if i have used a minion skill recently (that damage boost will be on all the time basically)

Passive Tree (lvl 87):

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAASzBkkI9AthDF8N4hCXES0TbBQgFm8W8xhqGmwcpxzcIvQkqiY8KPoqmCycL501kjbpOQs6WDrhPC1Bh0QERZ1GcUeFSI5I50lPTeNQR1NSU6VVxlcrWAdfP2ebaPJqQ2qsa9tsC20ZeC98g3zlfRiCx4MJg1-DzIPbhTKFYIzPjxqPRpMnly2a4Juhna6hL6IAplemrKcIqsSsmK4-r2ywd7QMtz64k7yqvOq9gr6Kv5fGrsk9ytPMvNOP0_vYvdkL2t3fiuNq5FHpAuvu7IPsiu8O8B_yHvJF9kj31_no-oD-Cv6P_rM=?accountName=Fracture333&characterName=KamikazeMinions

For bandits, i just grabbed the 2 passive points, alira might be a good choice as well for the ele resists and mana regen, and oak might also be good for the phys damage reduction and life regen, though both alira and oak offer an additional property, that the build doesnt need (crit multiplier, and physical damage)

Damage:

There is no tooltip damage, but with PoB one minion deals about 70k-ish damage when exploding, and i can have 12 skeletons active at the time, which means 12*70k = 840k damage. And the best part is, that with the new VAAL gem changes, you can use vaal summon skeleton for bosses for example, meaning you summon 40 skeletons with vaal summon skeleton, meaning 40*70k = 2.8 million damage. (Ofc that assumes, all the minions are within the range of the boss, which is not the case in practice, but you still deal like 2 million damage on bosses with vaal summon skeleton).
By the way, the skeletons have time for a good 1-2 hits before exploding, if i summon them in the face of the enemy, which is a little additional damage, which is always nice :) .
Also, if the enemies attack, or deal damage in an area, or to the summoned skeletons, the delay between the summon and the explosion is reduced, since they take damage too (if they dont block, since the shield's block chance is applied to them), but usually if i summon the skeletons in the face of the enemy, and the enemy tries to damage me with its attacks/casts, it is so fun to watch the enemy to practically kill itself :D
(I have a 4Link zombie setup for meatshield purposes (talking about it later), and with the Flesh Binder Ascendancy Notable, if they die, they explode too (minion instability) and they also spread caustic cloud, which is a nice little damage boost if my meat shield has difficulties staying alive)

Defences and gem setups:

The build is pretty tanky as well, i got 6.7k life at lvl87, and around a 1000 unreserved mana, and i use Mind Over Matter. Other damage reductions come from the +9% additional physical damage reduction (from my 9 zombies, becouse of the Flesh Binder Ascendancy notable), aside the physical damage reduction i get from armour (total of 25ish % which is not that much, but it s still something), and fortify from shield charging around.
I use the

and for the 6L minion setup, i use
which i bought for like 5 chaoses, so aside of the kaom's heart and the watcher's eye jewel, and maybe one or two resist heavy gear piece i have, the build itself is very cheap. My other gem setups are a 4L zombie setup, mainly for meatshielding most of the projectiles enemies fire at me. The zombies are supported by fortify, minion life and minion resists, which is important, since their resists are reduced as well becouse of the shield.
The skeleton setup uses the two support gem mods the helmet has plus the following supports: concentrated effect, fire penetration and elemental focus. With Concentrated effect, the AoE is reduced, but with a single cast of skeletons i can clear a quarter of the screen, so i d say it s not that bad AoE wise. you could always use combustion instead of conc effect, your damage will be lower of course, but your area of effect is not penalized at least.

Ideally if i gather the currancy, i ll buy a helmet with concentrated effect, minion life and minion damage attributes (it s around 2-3 exalts, so that s a big step up from my 5C helmet, and i ll add combustion instead of concentrated effect, potentially getting a 7L summon skeleton, and Vaal summon skeleton setup. (Note: The 70k-ish damage is with the 7Link setup according to path of building)

Auras, curses:

My auras are clarity and blashpemy temporal chains, for slowing down enemies, so they dont spread that fast, meaning the minion explosions are more effective, couse it is more likely that more enemies are getting hit by the explosions. Most enemies charge at me/them though, so slowing them down might not be necessary for the previosly mentioned reason, but slowing them down does actually really increase my survivability.
Since i use the Whispers of Doom notable, i self-cast flammability on enemies, usually on uniques and bosses (maybe tougher rares) but other enemies dont require the flammability curse on them, they die in one explosion anyway.

Defenced part 2:

I mentioned that the build is quite tanky. while it doesnt have any damage avoidence, apart from the evasion i have, which is like close to zero, it has high amount of life, plus mind over matter...oh and the best part, if i stay close to my minions, i gain around 180ish life per skeleton if they die, which is the main point of the build, so not only i deal insane amount of damage, but i gain a large amount of life as well with each exploding minion.
Other means of getting my life and mana back is regeneration., i regenerate around 135 mana and 420 life per second (i ll craft mana regeneration rate on one of my rings instead of the all resists, since i m capped without it anyways, but my elreon is not lvl 7 yet, i ll also try to get a better mana regeneration rate roll on my amulet as well, when elreon is leveled). Becouse of the watcher's eye i use, i also gain some mana over 4 seconds when enemies damage me, if i am under the infuelnce of clarity.
And the last means of getting life and mana is hollowed hybrid flasks.

The build is completely reflect proof, the only mod that you shouldnt run on maps, is no life/mana regeneration. It is possible to run it, since you have flasks, but it would really make your life difficult.

Pantheon:

I ll use the poison immunity minor pantheon, once i captured the relevant soul, and i use either arakaali or the brine king, im testing it, both have good attributes my build could benefit of. since i have high life, i barely got stunned on yellow maps, i havent reached red maps yet though, so the brine king might be the winner if i get stunned a lot in endgame tier content.

My complete gear:

Note:

I havent done red maps or shaper or elder, or any breachlords yet, but Liches, and any other bosses until t11 so far dies almost instantly.
Atziri (simple atziri, havent tried uber yet) couldnt even attack :D she was just changing phases and that s it, she didnt have time to do anything aside shifting between phases. So i imagine that high and end tier content shouldnt be much of a problem to this build either.

It is not the fastest map clearer, but i like to take my time, identify most things, check my loot, and so on, so i dont mind it being a little slower. But i tried speedrunning maps and i could do a t10 map with more mob life and increased mob fire resists in under 2 minutes, so it s not that slow either, i d say it is avarage clear speed wise.

PoB:

https://pastebin.com/GKt0vtK1

I tried Elemental Equilibrium, it doesnt work, overall my damage was lower, since the first minion's explosion damage was increased, but the others exploded so quickly that no matter what i applied the cold/lightning damage on the enemies with, it wasnt as quick as the explosions, so it didnt work well with this build.

Update:

Red tier maps are not a problem, clearing every content so far, including red tier Elder with ease. Havent tried Shaper yet.
Последняя редакция: Fracture333. Время: 18 июня 2018 г., 18:02:02
Last bumped2 июля 2018 г., 16:22:35
hey,cool boy.how fast of the map clear,can you upload a video to see?pls
Superb idea, very creative and looks like a lot of fun. Thanks!
Playing around in PoB I got 370K damage per skellie explosion and 9.5K EHP .. something to save up for!

https://pastebin.com/WR2R6kVG
i'm starting this build right now, very nice =D
how about bandits, pantheon and ascendancy order ?
"

updated!
"
Fracture333 написал:
"

updated!

thank you :D
currenlty looking for a new unique build to play and this one sounds awesome ;D
can you show any video maybe?
Wouldn't it be worth taking EE and spamming some Ball Lightnings to give everything a giant fire res debuff?

Nothing your minions do will *apply* EE, but the explosions should certainly benefit from it.
"
Galadedrid написал:
Wouldn't it be worth taking EE and spamming some Ball Lightnings to give everything a giant fire res debuff?

Nothing your minions do will *apply* EE, but the explosions should certainly benefit from it.

tried it, the 3 minions in one cast go off so quickly after each other, that only the first explosion gets the buff, the other 2 gets the debuff making it completely ineffective.
Hi there, how did u level with this build?
any advice please :)

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация