[3.8] Bane is Okay! - CI Occultist - Fast clear, league-starter

WARNING: This thread is currently under maintenance. I will provide an updated version for 3.8 as soon as possible. The below is viable for 3.6:

This build showcases Bane as the primary skill. It provides incredible AOE clear at relatively low investment. On top of that, the build is extremely tanky - it utilizes 4 curses thanks to the new gloves.

It was my league starter and it has carried me through all maps, red tier elder and shaper. Only uber stands, but only because of poor map drop RNG on my end.

PROs:
- Tanky
- Great flask sustain
- Fast map clear
- Cheap, but can be min-maxed
- Easy to use
- Reflect-immune
- Satisfying chaos explosions

CONs
- Can't leech ES
- Can get expensive as it scales off gem level
- A lot of end-game content has high chaos resistance
- Bane's base damage isn't great
- Good luck with uber Atziri with that AOE :P

The build uses a single mandatory unique item:

The gloves are what makes this build go. Bane applies linked despair for the damage and duration boost, while gloves apply all the other curses that are inside the gloves.

Curses used:
- Despair
- Temporal Chains
- Enfeeble
- Poacher's mark (frenzy charges and flask sustain)

I have done a lot of calculations and Bane is most effective when there is a single curse linked with it; the "more damage" modifier per curse has a huge damage fall-off.

Bane gem setup:
Bane - Despair - Efficacy - Controlled Destruction - Void Manipulation - Swift Affliction

Totems setup:
Spell Totem - Multiple Totems - Vaal Blight - Efficacy

Aura setup:
Discipline - Malevolence - Enlighten + Aspect of the Spider craft

Another great gearing option for the build would be running a +levels of gems bow with Soulstrike quiver for insanely fast ES recharge start.

Current gear:
Скрытый текст

As can be seen, these are nothing special. No Bane enchantment, useless boots enchantment. Can be upgraded.

Current flasks:
Скрытый текст

We are not using Witchfire Brew as it is pointless. Zealoth's Oath from The Sorrow of the Divine allows for some decent ES recovery together with Occultist ascendancy.

PoB Pastebin:
Скрытый текст
https://pastebin.com/cJ4ybCmZ

Passive tree [95, complete build]:
Скрытый текст
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAbnDXwOSA5cD6sQexEPEVARlhNtFAkVfha_GGoZihqPGyUd2R9BIuoi9CSLJogrCiy_L281uTmZOw1CekNURX5JE0lRSbFLrkyzTm1SKVKvVeBYB1haXEBca13yZ_xqG2r6bAttGXC7dZ52gngvenB85XzwfbB_xoIehEiExYfLiEKJ4I_6kQeSdJMfkyeXlZf0mFOboZu1nDKhL6QFpcSnK6ebrJitSrQMtNG1SLcwtzi7_L46vorBxcM6w23G98gMylnK08u9zxXQH9FF18_ZE9lb2xrfit-w42LjhOZY5oHpAuq67BjviO_r8NX0cfX69tr31_k3-wn-sw==?accountName=Ydoum&characterName=Ydoumus

Ascendancy:
Скрытый текст
Wicked Ward -> Vile Bastion -> Profane Bloom -> Malediction

Videos:
Скрытый текст

Tier 13 Shipyard with Elder Guardian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doJcV8KzY8M
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Последняя редакция: Ydoum. Время: 14 сент. 2019 г., 11:20:44
Last bumped8 окт. 2019 г., 15:37:15
*reserved*
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Some things you may consider doing.

Link your 3 curses in the gloves with enhance, quality on curse gems is really good. If you can, corrupt these gloves with +1 gems for an extra 32% quality (lvl 4+1 enhance).

I ran Bane in a 4Link and ED in a 6link. 4link Bane can clear t16 content instantly and ed is only used for bosses. My Bane had ~60k tooltip dps and ED around 200k tooltip dps.

for the amulet slot you can try to craft an elder amulet with abberant fossils. elder amulets can have the chaos multiplier mod which adds a huge amount of dps.

"
FrenzyVictim написал:
Some things you may consider doing.

Link your 3 curses in the gloves with enhance, quality on curse gems is really good. If you can, corrupt these gloves with +1 gems for an extra 32% quality (lvl 4+1 enhance).

I ran Bane in a 4Link and ED in a 6link. 4link Bane can clear t16 content instantly and ed is only used for bosses. My Bane had ~60k tooltip dps and ED around 200k tooltip dps.

for the amulet slot you can try to craft an elder amulet with abberant fossils. elder amulets can have the chaos multiplier mod which adds a huge amount of dps.

All very good points. I just wanted to try bane as the main and only skill to see if it's viable, without any other powerful DoTs. It works, but it's not the best skill in the game, that's for sure.
Which pantheon do you take?
I can confirm that solo Bane is Ok in 3.6.
Made a lit bit different tree, and got crappy gear (still no 21/20).
6linked Bane in PoB shows above 430k dps.

Maybe its not High Tier Uber 0,5s Killer, but it is decent.

Full budget is like 50c...

Quick note:
WIth empower lvl 4 u can setup Bane lvl21/20 with: Swift Aff, Despair, Controlled Destr, Efficacy, emp lvl 4. + Enchant 15% incr effect of curse applied by Bane (imo better). This can provide even 500k dps+.
Последняя редакция: TeaHousePl. Время: 3 июня 2019 г., 10:54:38
I can confirm that the build is still viable in 3.8, albeit it does require some changes.

On top of that, do not forget you lose the old "Wicked Ward", so remember that your survivability drops a bit.

I will update the main thread with updated PoB as soon as I can.
Love this build, I got lucky enough to drop a vixen while leveling a SSFHCB vortex occultist and now switching to this instead. Do you think wicked Ward on the tree is a must now? Or have any intentions of updating the build soon? at least a PoB and thoughts update would be nice to throw ideas back and fourth.

Thanks again!
Hi, just converting a level 81 Necro to this one. I have a six link +1 bow and the quiver plus empower lvl 4...what do you think it's the best way to use them to max this build as much as possible. If any..

Help appreciated as i am new to this on XBox.

Cheers
Iiisus
Последняя редакция: iiisus. Время: 7 окт. 2019 г., 14:42:10
I do a similar build in Blight, it was a good starter build.

My PoB => https://pastebin.com/7CV0bcxd

A watcher's eye with DoT Multi is very expensive (over 10 ex in 3.8)
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация