Build Feedback: Elementalist CoC Cyclone in Metamorph

I'm doing Mathil's CoC cyclone suggested starter. I absolutely murderstomp everything that isn't a metamorph and then get murderstmped in kind by anything but the tamest metamorph. So much so that I'm contemplating swapping to self cast Arc instead. I'm interested in hearing people's feedback.

Is melee just not good for metamorphs?
Does self cast arc feel good for this league?
Are there any obvious changes I can make to ease this suffering?

I'm straight up abandoning most metamorph encounters as they're unkillable. I don't think my gear's in a bad place for where I'm at but if there's some easy fixes in there I'm open to it. I'm only missing two pieces and they'll take time to get if they're that important. I don't have the double damage while focused recipes yet and I don't have an anima stone yet.

The other option I'm considering is just ignoring metamorphs mostly, do just tame all white ones till I outgear and outlevel them. (Oddly I've found that if I stack all bosses in there they're significantly easier than any rare samples.)

Many thanks for any advice and feedback!
Last bumped22 дек. 2019 г., 8:47:37
Sounds to me like you don't understand to play the game and are just blindly following guides. Cyclone CoC has some of the best single target dps in the game.
"
Razlynne написал:
Скрытый текст
I'm doing Mathil's CoC cyclone suggested starter. I absolutely murderstomp everything that isn't a metamorph and then get murderstmped in kind by anything but the tamest metamorph. So much so that I'm contemplating swapping to self cast Arc instead. I'm interested in hearing people's feedback.

Is melee just not good for metamorphs?
Does self cast arc feel good for this league?
Are there any obvious changes I can make to ease this suffering?

I'm straight up abandoning most metamorph encounters as they're unkillable. I don't think my gear's in a bad place for where I'm at but if there's some easy fixes in there I'm open to it. I'm only missing two pieces and they'll take time to get if they're that important. I don't have the double damage while focused recipes yet and I don't have an anima stone yet.

The other option I'm considering is just ignoring metamorphs mostly, do just tame all white ones till I outgear and outlevel them. (Oddly I've found that if I stack all bosses in there they're significantly easier than any rare samples.)

Many thanks for any advice and feedback!

MANDATORY:
- Since you are not fully ascended I would drop pendulum and get paragon of calamity as you do not have any other source of leech yet. Once you get leech amulet and 4th ascension you can switch to mastermind of discord.
- Drop flame golem and get chaos golem. Huge phys mitigation.
- Get a skullhead so your golems dont die so easy. It got nice life and resists anyways.
- Get whirling blades or shield charge (if you continue to use shield) with fortify to get fort buff on bosses. Or just get vigilant strike if you are low on gem sockets department.
- Get cwdt with steelskin or other defensive skill of your choice.
- Drop the dagger get mortem morsu like Mathil suggested in PoB. Super high attack speed/crit chance, good crit multi and nice life on hit from implicit.
- Get precision aura to help with hit chance and crit chance. Don't level it too high so you can still summon lost golems mid fight.

NON MANDATORY:
- I got oskarms for auto curse with cyclone/vd and connected orb of storm to blind + onslaught + power charge on crit for extra defensive layer from blind and extra mov/attackspeed from onslaught to help dps faster and move faster to avoid nukes. If you get oskarm prioritise chaos res roll of -10.
- I would drop that armor for tabula as 60 life will not compensate for the loss of inc crit strike support. It benefits both cyclone and VD so you will spawn more balls and balls will crit more often.
- I dropped all the AoE dmg nodes for more life nodes (heart of the warrior).
- Also dropped Written in Blood and Doom Cast in favour of Arcane potency and Purity of flesh as chaos dmg is brutal in this league. Also helps with oskarm chaos res debuff if you choose to get the gloves.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
I picked this build as leaguestarter but I doubt it can do well with the new endgame content. Witch class is kinda glasscannon, I feel like this league is super hard to play as InYourFaceMelee. Think it could be better as chieftain/jugg but not sure as concqueror/awakener/metamorph mechanics are kinda bullsht and nontelegraphed one shot mechanics fly all around metamorph encounters. Even if the nukes were telegraphed it doesn't matter as whole screen is spammed with desecrate and vd orbs so you can't see sht anyways. Definitely good delver but lacks regen to do siderooms without flares. Still debating if I wanna continue this build as I didn't invest heavily yet.
Good luck exile!
edit: Just tried the awakener. Impossible fight. Golems die all the time to degens and nukes. Elementalist golem version definitely not for this league.

"
fluxofwar написал:
Скрытый текст
Sounds to me like you don't understand to play the game and are just blindly following guides. Cyclone CoC has some of the best single target dps in the game.

If you got nothing of value to say then better not say anything at all.
Последняя редакция: yakoob. Время: 21 дек. 2019 г., 2:21:34
running the same build and having similar problems. you rek shit until you fight a boss. in red maps i die to nearly every metamorph boss even with steelskin + molten shell + flasks + fortify + all golems. i feel like the leech is the problem as i sometimes can't heal enough.
the question is, will the problem solve itself if i get more dps with crit multi jewels and anger watchers eye + awakened support gems ?
Последняя редакция: try_fail_repeat. Время: 22 дек. 2019 г., 8:50:55

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация