[3.9]Holy Corpsnado - Faceroll the atlas with holy relic

This is a build using Holy Relic as primary damage source, as such we have to hit things to proc Holy Relic's nova so we go with cyclone. To help with having to be in melee our cyclone casts spirit offering to give us constant energy shield based on our max life.

Pros:
*Easy to league start, was doing tier 14+ with tabula
*Can scale well with <20 ex currency investment- 850k dps per relic + 250k from zombies+golem
*Can do any map mod but ele reflect really slows you down having to recast
*Gain around 60% resist just from ascendancy+spirit offering which is always up
*Required uniques are typically less than 20c
Cons:
*Still melee
*Required uniques are required so SSF is a bitch
*facerolling can get boring
*using other movement skills can cause desync and death

PoB Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/c1aYFaF9

Video: https://youtu.be/IGHCgPtroZg - T16 Tower 141 quant + Metamorph _ I only have empower 2 once I get empower 4 it will bump my dps by about 40%

Why choose this build over anything else?

Even though the damage is coming from your relics it still feels like cyclone is giving you "feedback" for damage. So it plays and feels like any melee cyclone build but you aren't relying on GG weapons to get rolling. Since minions scale best from levels over gear it makes a great league start.

It is also more engaging then some of the other more "afk" summoners that quite frankly I get bored with. You still need to dodge shit actively when pushing content but you have constantly "healing" with around 2k ES every .7 seconds constantly keeping you topped off. But... when I am doing the awakener guardian maps with no mods I am basically chugging quicksilver flask and holding down cyclone rushing the map down with 0 thought maybe eating a snack with my other hand.

Items:

Helmet

One of the required uniques, no replacement possible. Before you hit level prereq you can use the prefated version or any decent rare

Weapons

You need lightning damage and not any other added elemental damage on one of your weaps or rings. These are around 1-4 chaos each; the only mod needed is the 5% chance for minion to double damage and then a 73%+ minion damage roll.

Attack speed, lifegain on hit, Dex and resists are bonus stats but not required

Chest

Semi endgame chest here. Progression I used this league was Tabula until red maps -> rare chest with life -> then this. This is probably the best damage/defense chest we can get. The level 1 meat shield is a more multiplier and allows us to 7link our holy relics.

Neck and rings

Basically Life-Dex-Resists and anything else in all 3 slots is a bonus. Rings are a surplus with curse on hit, it allows us to drop specters for frenzy charges and curse and instead use an animate guardian for more quality of life. Anointing a life node is cheap until you can afford to get additional curse node.

If you are super rich an Aul's amulet with Hatred no reserve allows you to get skitterbots for free 10% shock

Belt

Rare abyssal with life + resists

Gloves

Converts all our minion damage to 75% cold and 25% fire. Cheap and easy to use

Boots

Where we put our cyclone so we want them to be elder fortify boots. Foritfy-Life-Dex-Movespeed-Resists are what you want, just remove mods until it is within your budget and then upgrade as needed. I was using simple Fort boots with just int and 10% movespeed through red maps.

Jewels
You want ghastly eye jewels with Life + Minion damage if you used a minion skill recently + 1 of minions taunt on hit/minions blind on hit/flat damage that isn't lightning

Gems Links

Chest: Holy Relic 21/23 - Ele Focus 20/20 - Minion Damage 20/20 - Controlled Destruction 20/20- Empower 4 - Meat Shield/Cold Pen (Cold Pen is when you have 6l rotting legion)

Standard ele set up, if you are super rich you can drop an awakened added chaos damage for an additional +1 level to Relic instead of cold pen

Helm: Summon Carrion Golem - Summon Zombie - Feeding Frenzy - Elemental Army

They basically buff your Holy Relic damage and get some stragglers around an extra 250kdps

Pre Curse on hit ring
- Weapon: Spectre- Blood Magic - Meat Shield
Get Defiler and a Carnage Host for Frenzy charges and elemental weakness curse

With Curse on hit rings
Weapon:Animate Guardian - Meat Shield- Minion Life
A cheap setup with dying breath, victario's flight, belly of beast, leercast and gloves of your choice should be enough support to boost damage substantailly more than spectres.

Weapon 2: Vaal Discipline, Leap Slam - Faster Attacks

Boots: Cyclone - Desecrate - Cast While Channeling - Spirit Offering

Gloves: Generosity - Hatred - Dash - Portal

Flasks

Any life flask will do, I just get really annoyed at chaos damage. I use bone shield for anti-bleed. I also have an eduring mana flask to swap with the quartz flask on no regen maps.

Panth
I do Lunaris + Shakiri for poison immune and help dodging chained shit and shotgunned mechanics

Ascendancy
1 Mistress of Sacrifice - 2 Mindless Agression - 3 Bone Barrier - 4 - Unnatural Strength

What about x for weapon setup

There are many things you can do with your weapon setup, if you have an unset ring for Disc and don't mind relying on dash as your sole GTFO button you can do a 2H and have better zombies, swap AG to helm with meat shield and keep FF on your 2h. Or if you can somehow get a crafted 2h with +2 or 3 to holy relic, use holy relic there and get Shroud of the Lightless for a zombie setup on your chest.

You can also use claws and or a shield. I just have found the double damage to be enough damage for what I need but a more likely superior defensive setup might be getting block up, getting lethal pride jewel and using claws for life gain on hit.

Leveling
Grab minion damage nodes and use zombies + SRS or Skeles until you can cyclone setup and then you can just use one holy relic with cyclone until maps. I traded for the gems around level 40 as this was my league start and I was lazy to do library.

FAQ
Why no necromantic aegis + Victario's Charity?

Holy relic does not benefit from power charges, seems wasteful

Why no spell echo?

Spell echo does not support triggered spells, Holy Relic is a triggered spell, it simply does not work at all

your resists are not maxed!!!??!?!
Make sure you are counting the 30% from bone barrier and Spirit Offering buff

Последняя редакция: cespinar. Время: 23 дек. 2019 г., 22:00:03
Last bumped21 янв. 2020 г., 7:50:14
Just got a summoner to maps. My redirect my build. I like it.
So..just started leveling this build yesterday, currently level 68 and I'm pretty impressed.

Damage is actually decent so far

Seems like once i get jewels and the rest of the tree filled out my relic's will only roughly be doing 225k vs the OP's 450k...I've taken into account a level 4 Empower and a 21/23 relic but I'm still missing like 100k damage.

Not sure how but we'll see as time goes on.

Thanks for the guide though, will be pushing this build hard today!

Gear for reference.

You do have 2 red in your gloves which will effect damage. But really the 21 holy relic is probably that much damage since minions get most of their scaling from levels. That is why I chose this as my league start over any other cyclone because I don't need to find phat weapons. Things in PoB to make sure is you have it ticked for enemy has been hit by lightning (for EE), Feeding Frenzy is active, Holy Relics are near you, and Holy Relics have frenzy charges.

Also you might want to swap the gem order in your boots so desecrate goes off first. Just a QoL for starting a map/needing to resummon zombies that will really only make a difference if you rely on spirit offering for max resists.
"
cespinar написал:
You do have 2 red in your gloves which will effect damage. But really the 21 holy relic is probably that much damage since minions get most of their scaling from levels. That is why I chose this as my league start over any other cyclone because I don't need to find phat weapons. Things in PoB to make sure is you have it ticked for enemy has been hit by lightning (for EE), Feeding Frenzy is active, Holy Relics are near you, and Holy Relics have frenzy charges.

Also you might want to swap the gem order in your boots so desecrate goes off first. Just a QoL for starting a map/needing to resummon zombies that will really only make a difference if you rely on spirit offering for max resists.

..I was not paying attention to the glove setup...Not sure why I have it that way!

Will look at those, I appreciate it.

Other than that I'm still thoroughly enjoying the build :)
How is this build holding up to the bosses?
I'm leveling a skeleton necro atm, and this looks interest thing to try.
Thanks for the reply!
"
Silverstr1ke написал:
Thanks for the reply!

Pretty good i would say. Started the build yesterday and its a breeze so far.
Recorded a video of a map with metamorph and conqueror fight on a T12 map.
Im level 84 and besides a SHR 21/23 i bought, all the gems are level 16-18 without quality.
Hope it helps to get an idea where it leads to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV9fHco0ir4

My Pastebin is in the video description
Последняя редакция: Arrensen. Время: 23 дек. 2019 г., 19:48:27
"
Arrensen написал:
"
Silverstr1ke написал:
Thanks for the reply!

Pretty good i would say. Started the build yesterday and its a breeze so far.
Recorded a video of a map with metamorph and conqueror fight on a T12 map.
Im level 84 and besides a SHR 21/23 i bought, all the gems are level 16-18 without quality.
Hope it helps to get an idea where it leads to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV9fHco0ir4

My Pastebin is in the video description

Thanks for the vid, it looks alot more engaging build then just summon skelly's.
I think I will need to respec alot of points, will it still be worth it?

Edit: It will cost around 13-14 respec points.
Another edit: I See that you can get enough respec points from quests. So i'm probaly going to play this build! :)
Последняя редакция: Silverstr1ke. Время: 24 дек. 2019 г., 5:08:37
Interesting build Indeed 👍
How does It behave vs the endgame bosses ?
Is It fun and satisfying ?
Havent gotten to awakener yet, but here is another Conqueror fight (Drox again). This time on T16 with slightly better gear than last time.

I'm really liking this build so far. Its tanky, it does damage and its fun to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnQldfP_yX0

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация