The Plan for Cut-Throat Mode

excited
Have anyone heard of the term combatlogging from DayZ? :):)
Just some thoughts:

"
Chris написал:
From the tests we've run in the past, we came to the following conclusions:
Non-hardcore cut-throat is usually more fun than hardcore cut-throat. Grabbing your backup set of items and trying to hunt down your killer to get your stuff back is so much fun. While permadeath is cool, it prevents a lot of the recovery aspect of cut-throat.

I am not sure what the split would be on this, but I believe there are probably a lot of people who would like a king of the hill type hardcore mode versus the revenge type standard mode. One problem with standard league is the power creep. Levels will keep going up and killing someone will be less cathartic. I suppose you might mess up a build if it is gear dependent, but not a real victory. Not like making them fight back to the top of the hill.

"
Chris написал:
Preventing players from forming parties helps solve the roaming-death-squad problem while also opening up some awesome friendly fire situations. You have to really trust your friends if they could take advantage of your low health by firing a few well-placed fireballs and taking your gear.

I am all for this. Think it is awesome. People should fear friendly fire.

"
Chris написал:
Cut-throat world areas could probably have much lower timeout times (i.e. close after only a few minutes of inactivity) so that there isn't a big list of empty areas when you try to select one that has people to fight.

No real opinion on this.

"
Chris написал:
To help prevent the worst cases of griefing, we'll probably be introducing rules that prevent you entering areas that have low level players in them. While people with better items will always pose a major threat, you won't have to fight people substantially higher level than you.

My opinion is Terraces through Upper Prison +/-3 levels. Prisoner's Gate through the rest of act 1 normal +/-4 levels. Acts 2 normal +/-5 levels. Acts 3 normal +/-7 levels. Cruel difficulty can be +10 levels. Merciless is open.

"
Chris написал:
There may be merit to experimenting with changes like limiting people to certain difficulty levels, effectively moving the end-game down to lower levels and encouraging players to stalk those who are trying to grind for experience.

This would really only make sense in a Hardcore league where levels would liklely stay lower due to character death. In a standard mode, I would prefer to see players pushed forward by giving each instance a max level that can enter.

For instance: Terraces through upper submerged passage can only be over leveled 3 levels. Ledge through the rest of act 1 normal can be over leveled by 5 levels. Acts 2 and 3 normal can be over leveled 7 levels. Cruel difficulty can be +10 levels. Merciless and all town instances are open. Once a character is over the maximum level, the instance cannot be entered.
Waypoints would need to be added to boss lairs to avoid people bypassing bosses.
Thanks chris for the awesome news! I am not in a rush for u guys to slop the pvp together but I just like communication about whats going on with the game, so thanks again for keeping us up to date!
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
I have an idea to restrict big party roams a little bit but still make it possible. You could make it so the party size of the original maker of the instance is the party size cap that can enter that instance. So if I am farming by my self and a party of 5 wanted to come get me they would have to break their party up and at least their aoe will now friendly fire. Also if I was farming with my buddies in a 3 man party a 5 man party would have to split up a little and would make it harder for them to coordinate who to attack in the heat of battle.

Playing in most of the cut-throat tests I have to say sc cut-throat is much more enjoyable. I love the idea of having multiple gear sets and hoarding items you would normally vendor. One thing I think though is pots should drop. I can understand gems not dropping, but it isn't to hard to make people have potion sets. It would increase the value of potions and to stock up on them.

All in all I cant wait for cut-throat!!
Suggestion: Do NOT drop skill gems. Instead, on death, remove skill gems from socketed gear the player is wearing before dropping the items. Place these gems into either the player's inventory or a separate "skill gem inventory", thus eliminating the full inventory case.

This is pretty much mandatory for cut-throat PoE since class skills are directly tied to gear.
Последняя редакция: Nicksiren. Время: 12 марта 2014 г., 18:35:49
"
Nicksiren написал:
Suggestion: Do NOT drop skill gems. Instead, on death, remove skill gems from socketed gear the player is wearing before dropping the items. Place these gems into either the player's inventory or a separate "skill gem inventory", thus eliminating the full inventory case.

This is pretty much mandatory for cut-throat PoE since class skills are directly tied to gear.

That is how it is already.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
I think the potions should drop I think it would add a little more value to potions.
"
Powster написал:
I vote equipment should not drop 100% of the time. I think when you die each equipment piece rolls to see if it will drop at a 25% chance rather than losing your full loot each death. That is something like 12 equipment spots (including alt) which means on average you will lose 3 pieces which is still a harsh penalty.

"
majesw написал:
Powster has it right. I'd be much more likely to play and enjoy a league where I lost 1-2 items when I was killed rather than all my items.

"
Angryafrican написал:
I think you really should try having a player drop a single random item on death as well as their inventory.

This will make the swings of cut-throat much slower, and keep people invested in taking revenge. Losing a single item can still be devastating but this allows for a much stronger back-and-forth between players. Losing all your items is simply too catastrophic to continue to meaningfully play for some time.

I think this would make cut-throat much more viable at higher level, and generally keep people 'in the game' while still keeping the tension and risk of cut-throat.

"
BanzaiAttack написал:
Suggestion:

Don't let all your gear drop. Just 1-4 randomized or something, so you can recover faster (ESPECIALLY on higher LEVELS where you HEAVILY depend on your gear).

All in all this is a great idea. I look forward to play this.

"
i hope they make it so that you dont lose all your gear at once, maybe only 1 piece or with a small chance more

if someone here knows tibia, the pvp version runs the exact same idea where you lose the whole inventory + 1 item of the gear you wear i think thats really the best option

"
lakalavera написал:
i really like the idea of cut-throat, but the notion of dropping all of your items really puts me off.

"
Vincemeister написал:
my 2 cents:

- Random drop of 1-3 pieces of equipment. Not all equipment. exact number can chance.

I hardly play anymore but this seems really fun.

Seems like a lot agree with full loot being too harsh. I have played full loot games like darkfall but in path of exile equipment is way too important to be losing full sets constantly.

I also believe links should be multiple times easier to obtain in cut throat. Which is why when a cut throat league ends it should go to void league probably....
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Yes, please. This is what I have been waiting for the whole time, A hostile button!
If you stand next to a double boss Corpse-Explosion, you're gonna have a bad time. RIPKRIPP

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация