The Plan for Cut-Throat Mode

In regards to limiting people from entering instances with low level players in them. What about parties of players? What if someone has a low level hanging out at the start of the zone just to prevent anyone from invading them?
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Damn. :D As described here, I'd actually play some Cut-Throat--never thought I'd be interested. Well done again, GGG.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
can we keep ears as well like d2 :P
My personal favourite element is the movement of the endgame.

I don't think cut-throat would really be designed for 60+ characters, the way the games scales you become so dependent on gear. Not only would the discrepancy in damage/survivability be much greater at higher levels, it would also be much more likely that one or two guilds/groups come out way ahead in terms of gear, making it almost impossible for anyone to contest them.

Also, the idea of being able to do maps somewhere between 35-40 sounds really fun (at the end of normal difficulty). It synergizes well with the cut-throat concept, as well as spices up the gameplay for all players.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll-
@Faith_And_Steel
Really looking forward to this! I know not that many people are into it, but it will also set PoE ahead of the pack in the aRPG genre!
Does it means droping all the stuff you had on you or only the one in the inventory ?
Additional ideas to:
http://4x.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1owh3o/how_to_make_long_term_cutthroat_work/

Skillgems dont drop:
If your items which contains your skillgems drop they are automatically removed and placed on a special stash tab.

No TP aviable:
Every area has a Waypoint at its start and at its end. When you enter an area you can only enter it over the WP at its start but you can leave it at both, preventing players from easy escaping when beeing huntet (also preventing the hunter from escaping any revange fight).

Creator buff:
Getting e.g. a 20% defence buff when hosting a pvp instance which everyone can invade.

Последняя редакция: monto01. Время: 12 марта 2014 г., 4:04:23
"
CliveHowlitzer написал:
In regards to limiting people from entering instances with low level players in them. What about parties of players? What if someone has a low level hanging out at the start of the zone just to prevent anyone from invading them?

It's pretty easy to use an algorithm that only considers the highest level in both parties, that way it makes it harder for gankers to gank, and impossible to cheese the system in the manner you're describing.

Am I missing something?
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll-
@Faith_And_Steel
"
Kirielis написал:
Backup gear is only good if you have backup gems with it. Anyone else see a problem here?

In cut-throat, gems don't drop when you die. I'm sorry for not mentioning this in the article - it's one of the small details that people who played our test events would know. We'll post a more detailed article next week that introduces people to it who didn't get a chance to test it in the past.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I cant believe its happening!! Let us get ears!! :DD

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация