~|-|~Fiery totems~|-|~ dual Flame totem guide with EB/MoM/ AA (added 67-68 map videos)

"
nightblade157 написал:
8% totem damage will be superior to 8% fire damage or even 10% elemental damage nodes because of the fact that almost 30-40% of our damage is chaos dmg, and totem damage is the only way to boost it.

I picked most of the totem dmg nodes in the 105 point passive tree i think. If not, I will update it to include those. I just rushed the life nodes first.

Edit : I did in fact miss out the 8% damage nodes earlier. Updated the passive tree in the guide with these nodes included, skipping fire walker.

Oh that's interesting. I kept Firewalker because it came with damage + fire resist.
Oh wow, I did some checking via poebuilder, and with my current passive tree w/fire walker, it's 1987.3 DPS on Flame Totem. Removing most of the Fire Damage ones (Immolation, Firewalker) and adding to Totem Damage nodes: It's 2124 now. That's nearly 137 DPS difference. I can only imagine the damage increase goes bonkers when the gems level.

edited to add more:
8% of fire damage gives 18 more DPS.
8% of totem damage gives me 54 more DPS according to tooltip.

I think it's rather clear right now, gonna have to burn some regret orbs. :(
Последняя редакция: Vulpix0r. Время: 26 марта 2014 г., 21:47:14
I Don't understand why you skipped a bunch of passives that give + % Fire Damage? That makes no sense. That is a huge loss in Fire Damage. I don't feel like I can trust your passive tree now. They were right next to your path - you skipped 6 nodes that gave you + % Fire Damage - like 40% not including the Burning ones, which I am not sure about.

Please explain.
Oh crap you eventually got them later on. I was looking at the 40 skill point tree. Anyway, I am going for them right away. I am not waiting. I can wait another few levels for full on totems; having a blast with Fire Storm and Shock Totem lol.
"
I_Heart_U написал:
Oh crap you eventually got them later on. I was looking at the 40 skill point tree. Anyway, I am going for them right away. I am not waiting. I can wait another few levels for full on totems; having a blast with Fire Storm and Shock Totem lol.

You will be better off getting the 8% totem dmg nodes. they will add ~4% extra dmg than the 8% fire dmg nodes. I explained in the reply to ur PM.
Hi , been playing your build and im loving it , so far im lvl 60 in act 2 merciless , but i have a question , when do you start using discipline with clarity at same time , i got both hooked to reduced mana gem but it seems like it takes alot out of my mana pool.

Also Arctic armor at this point is costing too much to cast , am i supposed to keep leveling it all the way to 20?
"
azraelnight написал:
Hi , been playing your build and im loving it , so far im lvl 60 in act 2 merciless , but i have a question , when do you start using discipline with clarity at same time , i got both hooked to reduced mana gem but it seems like it takes alot out of my mana pool.

Also Arctic armor at this point is costing too much to cast , am i supposed to keep leveling it all the way to 20?

Get mana regen + mana gear. Lots of it. And in all your accessories. Here's mine:

"
Vulpix0r написал:
"
azraelnight написал:

Get mana regen + mana gear. Lots of it. And in all your accessories. Here's mine:

Yea mana regen on jewellery works wonders. Those 3 items vupix0r posted should give a mana regen boost of at least 70-100 depending on clarity level and mana pool.

And regarding arctic armor, ultimately u want it to be lvl 20 (or even lvl 22 with empower), but while leveling, lvl it up as much as ur mana regen permits. The "x mana drain per second while moving" of AA should ideally be 10-20 lower than ur mana regen/sec.

Good thing is that we are dual totem, so we don't need to spam skills too much if totems r placed properly. That gives plenty of time for mana to regen back between totem casts. Alternatively, u can use lightning warp to move around since it does not trigger the mana drain from AA.

I find arctic armor so much better than regular armor against most attacks. Level 20 AA has 189 fire/physical dmg reduction per hit. If you see the monster dmg chart, you will find that lvl 77 monsters have an avg. dmg of 756. You should have around 20-30% dmg reduction from armor on the build, so u get hit for ~567 dmg (assuming 25% DR, achievable with 3-4k armor). MoM cuts that by 30%, so leaving 396 dmg to health on hit. Arctic armor cuts that by flat 189, so u end up with only ~200 dmg taken. So thats about 73% physical/fire dmg reduction!! You need around 30k armor to achieve similar DR.

Only drawback is that it does not reduce damage over time, so u gotta be really careful from puncture mobs and chaos bombers.
"
azraelnight написал:

You can skip discipline until u have a big enough mana pool to leave 1k free mana even after discipline + clarity. Clarity will serve u well till then.

Discipline only adds mana regen, while reducing free mana pool. It should only be run when it adds at least 50 extra regen to make it worth it. And u should always have enough free mana to cast at least 3-4 totems before running out.

I... I did it. Spent 28 fusings trying my luck, and got it to 6L. This is like my first 6L chest in any league so far. Oh god I think I just used up all my luck for this league.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация