1.1.1b Patch Notes

All desynch is loss of information between server and client and back, this can be from many causes...The naive belief in game developers saying it is internet just shows your ignorance on subject. More often than not desynch is caused by server not appropriate for tasks expected ...If your desynch is actually connection based it will result in all your programs losing data and failing. Similarly lag can be caused by server, client or connection. The fact that so many people having with POE and no other programs is a huge flash light where the cause is.
Further even if fault is in connections you dont run a formula one car on a dirt track then blame the road when car breaks...you make your product suitable for conditions it will be used if it doesnt work you fix it.
I have never played a game with even close to desynch issues POE has so only a fool would think the product is not at least partially responsible. Also the Aussie server is notoriously unstable with repeated daily DC's and to assume the 3 issues (lag/desynch/server dropouts) unrelated would be optimism in extreme.[/quote]

Since early open beta I can count the number of times I've dc'd on one hand. and what other games have you played with half as many core mechanics as poe. (Block, dodge, evade, stun, ele status) rarely do I desync unless I'm doing something dumb or using skills that have known issues. and for that i use a /oos macro that works wonders. At very least dont come and complain in patch notes every week. Especially if u have no clue what your talking about.[/quote]

Final Fantasy online had hundreds of players at once in zones mass battling 100's of mobs with large variety of skills and the worst you got was lag and is no way POE handles anywhere near as much data. So I guess a server hanging or overloaded wouldn't slow down and cause desynch between server and client???? Of course the client will stop and take a smoke break so it wouldn't desynch because GGG says otherwise. Look up desynch and causes away from PoE's version because they only list one possible cause of many, at no stage have I ever said that the official explanation is not one cause of desynch I have just said it is not the only cause and if you try playing through Aussie server you will have multiple disconects every day, so before you judge me for being frustrated consider if you had a handful of DC every day not just since beta....and is mass DC of large numbers of Aussie players every time.
Further oos can only be used every 10 seconds and us poor southern hemisphere dwellers.
"
SinPhil написал:
"
stonespeak написал:
"
SinPhil написал:

All desynch is loss of information between server and client and back, this can be from many causes...
I have never played a game with even close to desynch issues POE...

Reading about things before commenting is usually helpful: Desync Info

AND? Once again you blindly accepting a developers version. Server handling and processing speeds also affect this greatly NOT just the travel between the server and client, If the server hangs even for a few milliseconds you will get desynch as client continues on while server hangs. And even as GGG says, desynch is not problem if it doesn't affect gameplay but in POE it affects gameplay greatly...further if was desynch alone then the cop out would work but when you add lag spikes and repeated mass DC as happens on Aussie servers you can not think the 3 issues are connected and server based. So maybe you need to do some more reading on all the contributing factors that can lead to desynch instead of just the selective feedback from game developers failing to deal with desynch.

"
They didn't go to da MOON!
Sasquatch is real I tell ya!

Thanks, I'll keep all that in mind...
SSF since ~OB
Последняя редакция: stonespeak. Время: 19 марта 2014 г., 13:35:03
OK my mistake was trying to keep it simple and loss of information is not quite right, but it is also nothing to do with distance since once synced the two systems will remain synched in ideal world since the delay will be constant both ways so will be no displacement. The issue is interference or obstructions delaying the information and the further data needs to travel the more likely these delays will stack up and be noticed (though the return "ping" is likely to do same and reduce desynch). An over or under clocked client, an overloaded server that runs slower than client or server and client handling same information differently will also cause desynch. Desynch is nothing new and not reserved to computers all it means is something led to a loss of synchronisation.
Dancers use music to help avoid desynch but they still lose synchronisation yet no one would ever try say they all desynch for same reason. And no dancer will say there is always going to be timing issues so no need to try address it.
"
SinPhil написал:

All desynch is loss of information between server and client and back, this can be from many causes...The naive belief in game developers saying it is internet just shows your ignorance on subject. More often than not desynch is caused by server not appropriate for tasks expected ...If your desynch is actually connection based it will result in all your programs losing data and failing.

No. That's not how networks work.

There are probably dozens of routers between you and the GGG server. If you are having a connection issue while playing PoE, you may not be having any problem say, streaming Netflix or connecting to a local school. If your origin is having problems, then yes you might experience general connectivity failure. But you can certainly have desync problems with PoE while having perfect connectivity to the rest of the Internet. One bad router would be enough to cause problems.

"
SinPhil написал:

I have never played a game with even close to desynch issues POE has so only a fool would think the product is not at least partially responsible. Also the Aussie server is notoriously unstable with repeated daily DC's and to assume the 3 issues (lag/desynch/server dropouts) unrelated would be optimism in extreme.

I agree with you there, and this actually tells me that the problems are closer to GGG's end. Maybe something in the final hops. I don't know enough about their server architecture to say for sure. So here's the real question, and one that so far hasn't been addressed: Do GGG staff experience desync while playing the game while in their office, or somewhere similarly close to the game servers so as to minimize the number of network hops involved? If yes... then blaming the netcode is probably justified. If not... then it's simply transient macro-Internet issues that no one can do anything about.
太棒囉:D
"Fixed a bug where Desecrate would not choose from the full pool of available monsters in the current world area in Invasion League."

Desecrate is still not fixed in the Eternal Laboratory.

Reported this almost a week ago @ http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/846482

Edit: Thanks for fixing this :)

2nd Edit: It was working earlier today, now it's not again :(
Последняя редакция: MichaelMills. Время: 25 марта 2014 г., 1:41:32
Died from desync, to Pew spider. To hell with this type of monster modifier, and to hell with PoE until they remove such crappy debuff stacking system. Adios.
When will the servers be back up?
[Removed by Support]
Последняя редакция: Simon_GGG. Время: 19 апр. 2014 г., 21:11:08

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация