[Invasion] Dbum's Thor God of Thunder (Mjolner Build)

"
kolp написал:
"
eyoo1109 написал:
"
kolp написал:
Thanks for the guide. I plan on making a CI variation on standard, where insane gear abounds to make up for that stat requirements of this beast:

You'll need to watch out for stun locks.

Unwavering Stance. Going for iron grip keystone anyway.

Ah, Unwavering Stance makes sense. But why iron grip? All it would do is increase your incredibly low LS or ST damage very slightly... The weapon damage on it is atrocious...
"
eyoo1109 написал:
It does not have a cooldown like CoCS, and can cast multiple arcs at once. I tested this with Romira's Banquet and RT, attacking an enemy (auto attack, not skill), since Romira's power charge generates per action, not per hit.

Also, Doriyani's and VP combo isn't the only thing that can make you immune to reflects, as with enough spell block and over-capped lightning resists, you can mitigate almost all reflect damage and LGoH on your main skill will be enough to sustain you from it.

That's good to know, thanks. ^.^

And yeah, there are other options, even some unorthodox ones (Avatar of Fire & AA, lol.)
Or just running Saffell's, PoL, and a Topaz Flask for 100% Lightning Resistance..

But I would use a Doryani's Invitation regardless, since it'd added 35 Str, Resists, Leech, and Shock Chance. There's really no reason NOT to use it with Mjolner. That 35 Str is real nice. ~.^

In case it got lost in page 2
"
Sheriff_K написал:
Has anyone tried messing around by tossing a Lightning Warp+Reduced Duration inside it? :P

And Astramentis isn't required. I'd personally use Atziri's Foible and a Meginord's Vise. I think that adds more "flavor" to it, with your Gloves having the "strength of Thor." ~.^

Foible adds effectively 103 Str and 75 Int, all while increasing your Mana/Mana Regen, which can potentially let you drop a Support and maybe even run AA. Plus, it's a cool, and CHEAPER Unique than Astramentis. :P
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Последняя редакция: Sheriff_K. Время: 11 апр. 2014 г., 12:04:18
"
eyoo1109 написал:

Ah, Unwavering Stance makes sense. But why iron grip? All it would do is increase your incredibly low LS or ST damage very slightly... The weapon damage on it is atrocious...

Spark. My build will have over 700 str - ~500 from gear alone. That's 150% damage increase to spark projectile.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"
kolp написал:
"
eyoo1109 написал:

Spark. My build will have over 700 str - ~500 from gear alone. That's 150% damage increase to spark projectile.
Iron Grip doesn't affect Spark, Iron Will (the Support Gem) does that..

Also, I can't wait to see Ball Lightning with Mjolner! :O
Последняя редакция: Sheriff_K. Время: 11 апр. 2014 г., 12:06:07
Atziris is good but I prefer the 100+ str to add 50 base life and same for int adding mana

Yes ball lightning is gona be chaotic I imagine heh can't wait
IGN @Dbum
Последняя редакция: dbum. Время: 11 апр. 2014 г., 12:15:48
"
Sheriff_K написал:
"
eyoo1109 написал:
It does not have a cooldown like CoCS, and can cast multiple arcs at once. I tested this with Romira's Banquet and RT, attacking an enemy (auto attack, not skill), since Romira's power charge generates per action, not per hit.

Also, Doriyani's and VP combo isn't the only thing that can make you immune to reflects, as with enough spell block and over-capped lightning resists, you can mitigate almost all reflect damage and LGoH on your main skill will be enough to sustain you from it.

That's good to know, thanks. ^.^

And yeah, there are other options, even some unorthodox ones (Avatar of Fire & AA, lol.)
Or just running Saffell's, PoL, and a Topaz Flask for 100% Lightning Resistance..

But I would use a Doryani's Invitation regardless, since it'd added 35 Str, Resists, Leech, and Shock Chance. There's really no reason NOT to use it with Mjolner. That 35 Str is real nice. ~.^

In case it got lost in page 2
"
Sheriff_K написал:
Has anyone tried messing around by tossing a Lightning Warp+Reduced Duration inside it? :P

And Astramentis isn't required. I'd personally use Atziri's Foible and a Meginord's Vise. I think that adds more "flavor" to it, with your Gloves having the "strength of Thor." ~.^

Foible adds effectively 103 Str and 75 Int, all while increasing your Mana/Mana Regen, which can potentially let you drop a Support and maybe even run AA. Plus, it's a cool, and CHEAPER Unique than Astramentis. :P

Yes, Doryani's would be very nice, but I need a lot more life on my belt so I'm opting out. And no I haven't tried using Lightning Warp in it, but may try it when I get home from work later today. As for the reason why I chose Astramentis over Foible was because of the dex requirements on some support gems and auras. High Mana regen is really unneeded, since you can kill most large packs with a single click (LS with Multistrike).
"
kolp написал:
"
eyoo1109 написал:

IG only works on projectile attacks, hence not on Spark. Just put Iron Will gem on your Mjolner and you'll be enjoying the str bonuses.
Последняя редакция: eyoo1109. Время: 11 апр. 2014 г., 12:17:49
"
Sheriff_K написал:
"
kolp написал:
"
eyoo1109 написал:

Iron Grip doesn't affect Spark, Iron Will (the Support Gem) does that..

Also, I can't wait to see Ball Lightning with Mjolner! :O

Ah, you're right...time to re-tree!
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
That was a bit underwhelming. Your single target is pretty bad, I do accept LS is best choice for more procs per pack, but it's all around not the best choice.

I'd probably try using Cyclone, that you can spam on single target just as well. As for the triggered spell, I'd probably use Spork, works for single and multi as well.

Wish I had a hammer to test myself, how much did you pay for it?
"
eyoo1109 написал:
"
Sheriff_K написал:

As for the reason why I chose Astramentis over Foible was because of the dex requirements on some support gems and auras. High Mana regen is really unneeded, since you can kill most large packs with a single click (LS with Multistrike).

Well Atziri's Foible reduces the amount of Dex you need for Supports by 25%, so that helps in that regard as well. And I like Foible, because I have a perfect one, and have an Arctic Armour fetish.. :S
(I try to squeeze AA into EVERY build I make, since it is such a powerful tool..)

And to whomever attempts Lightning Warp+Reduced Duration, PLEASE upload a video! Not Lightning Strike though, try Cyclone, I think that could be REALLY fun[ny.] :P

@Above, Double Strike+Multistrike could be a good single-target, but in my opinion, the beauty of Mjolner, is that you don't need more than a 4L for your triggering Skill. Letting you run a Kaoms, or what I'd personally do, is use a 5-6L SPELL for single-target in your Chest. Storm Call most likely. ~.^
Последняя редакция: Sheriff_K. Время: 11 апр. 2014 г., 13:21:49

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация