[1.1.2b] Invasion/Ambush - Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar

Introduction
Every since nemesis I've felt that Dyadus was and is a very interesting unique item. Back then I was also stuck in the mindset that you had to dual wield the axe to make the build work which would render your characters defences weak. The creator of the unique item recently came out with a video showing of how he thought the item should be used but his build seemed lackluster in a lot of aspects. I recently had a bit of an epiphany on how you could make this build work. The final outcome was more than I could have ever hoped for.

If you have any suggestions for improvements feel free to PM me or post a comment below!

Pros
Cheap to get the build working - People will literally toss the Key Unique after you because they think it’s shit.
Good damage.. (Can 1-shot packs in 3-man Poorjoy's Asylum)
High Melee and Spell block chance (50+%).
Does not require a 5L.
Decently Tanky.
Does not suffer from elemental reflect, like other typical burn builds.
Gets nearly all of the needed Gems from Quests.
Makes good use of Avatar of Fire.
Can double curse.

Cons
Low movement speed, mostly because you won’t be taking Leather and Steel and you will be using pretty heavy items.
Takes a long time to transition into the intended build (level 69).
Cannot run maps with; No regeneration, Blood Magic.
Will struggle a little against curse immunities, and high fire resistant enemies.
No Leech.
Requires +32 Dex / +32 All Attributes from gear to wear the key item Dyadus (76 Dexterity).
Not the quickest boss killer.
It’s not the typical cookie cutter build that plays itself, you will actually need to self-cast curses and perhaps enduring cry.

Tooltip Damage (Level 81)

Gear

Gear 26/04/2014

Current Gear

Dream Gear

Amulet: Stone of Lazhwar with +1 to curses (with this you can replace Windscream and run Rainbowstride for more spellblock), Otherwise a rare neck with;
- Life, Resists, Weapon Elemental Damage, %Fire Dmg, Added Fire Dmg.
- 32 Dex / Onyx with + All Attributes.

Ring: Any rare with;
- Life, Weapon Elemental Damage, Resists, %Fire Dmg, Added Fire Dmg.
- Mana Regen (Only 1 with around 40%+) - Important if you want to maintain upkeep of Heavy Strike on Bosses.
- 32 Dex.

Belt: Doryani’s Invitation or a rare belt with;
- Weapon Elemental Damage, Resists, Armor and Life.
- 32 Dex.

Shield: Aegis Aurora, if you cannot afford that a Lioneye’s Remorse or a rare shield will work just fine.

Head (Armor and Energy Shield - To achieve 3 Blue, 1 Red socket color easier):
- Life, Resists, %Armor+ES, +Flat Armor.
- 32 Dex.

Gloves (Pure Armor - For 2 Red, 2 Green):
- Life, Resists, % Armor.
- 32 Dex.
- Elemental or Physical Damage.

Boots: Windscream (Double curse) or Rainbowstride (Spell block).

Chest (Armor): Rare Glorious plate with:
- Life, Resists, %Armor, +Flat Armor.

Weapon: Dyadus.

The reason to why 32 Dexterity is listed on so many of these items, is because the skill tree will only provide you with 44 Dexterity whilst you’ll need 76 to equip Dyadus.

Why Avatar of Fire?

If you're playing solo Avatar of Fire will not give you a huge damage boost. The reasoning behind taking the keystone is that there is no point dealing any other kind of damage since the majority of your damage comes from the burn. A 20% Quality Dyadus has 54-90 Physical Damage which is technically useless for this build. Now with Avatar of fire 50% of that will be converted to fire damage which means we'll recieve a 27-45 Fire Damage boost for the weapon. Also when playing in parties auras like Hatred and Wrath will also be converted into fire damage instead of being next to useless. While playing solo it will provide you with ~300 dps boost which is quite good for one skill point.

Why Double Curse?

Mostly used to reduce resistances since fire resistant monsters can be a real pain. It's also a great way to increase your damage output.

Leveling

I would personally recommend leveling this build as a Templar even though the build can be done as a Marauder. Doing a Burn Flameblast build (Flameblast + Elemental Proliferation + Chance to Ignite + Concentrated Effect) is in my opinion a lot stronger than using Ground Slam. This is of course just a recommendation and you can level this build in whichever way you prefer.

Bandits

Norm: Help Oak
Cruel: Kill
Merciless: Help Oak

Gems and Links

Heavy Strike (level 9)/ Infernal Blow (level 4) - Weapon Elemental Damage - Chance to Ignite - Elemental Proliferation - Fire Penetration - Increased Burning Damage. (Remove Burning Damage for a 5L and Fire Penetration for a 4L)

Why Heavy Strike? Its quite simple really, the only skill with 150% damage effectiveness, why say no to more damage? Infernal blow does a very similar amount of damage and the explosion will also trigger the burn. If you don't like the knockback of Heavy Strike use Infernal Blow.

Clarity + Reduced Mana + Enduring Cry (Remove Enduring Cry and replace it with Blood Magic if you don’t want to snapshot Clarity with Malachai’s Simula. Also run whatever level of clarity you feel is needed.)

Determination + Anger + Reduced Mana

Elemental Weakness + Flamability + Blood Magic + Faster Casting.

Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Molten Shell + Increased Duration. (I’m using a level 8 CwDT, run it at whatever level you feel works best.)

If you don’t run Enduring Cry in your Clarity + Reduced Mana setup, you might want to swap Molten Shell out for it.

Vaal Cyclone + Faster Attacks + Life Gain on Hit + Leap Slam.

Leap Slam for the mobility, should be kept at level 1 to keep the mana cost low.
Vaal Cyclone is a great skill to use for just about any build. I personally like to apply the burn to a monster and then Vaal Cyclone all nearby monsters into the proliferation, when the Cyclone ends you just curse and re-apply the burn.

Malachai’s Simula and Snapshotting

Since this character has a rather small mana pool its not possible to run the clarity of mana which is why we’ll need to run it on life. Now you could use a blood magic gem which at level 20 has a mana multiplier of 196%, this will of course increase the amount of life reserved. So to lower the life reservation you can (instead of using the blood magic gem) put on Malachai’s Simula (which grants the blood magic keystone). Now you can cast a lower reservation clarity and then remove the head afterwards, the only drawback with using this method is that you’ll have to reapply all your auras every time you enter a new zone. If you equip the mask right before you enter a new zone you will only need to recast your auras that reserve mana.

Potion Setup

Honorable Mentions
Thanks to Carrybit for helping to theorycraft the build and to Derpey for being man enough to make the character and to Devmoon for showing me how not to make an Avatar of Fire build.

Update Log
20/04/2014 - Guide Created
26/04/2014 - Updated with new gear, also eqited the "Dream Gear" and "Gems" sections slightly.

Последняя редакция: Arioc. Время: 26 апр. 2014 г., 7:14:45
This build looks pretty interesting. I might try it out!

Would be awesome if you uploaded a gameplay video.
Последняя редакция: neggan. Время: 20 апр. 2014 г., 21:30:00
"
neggan написал:
This build looks pretty interesting. I might try it out!

Would be awesome if you uploaded a gameplay video.

I'm the one doing the build, will post a VoD when I get some higher level maps so people can see how it does in those.
So far this build have done a lot of maps without any issues, can easily solo with it aswell.

You want to always avoid:
+75% Fire Resist + Curse Immune on your map though, it takes like a decade to do, but that says itself.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
Derpey написал:
I'm the one doing the build, will post a VoD when I get some higher level maps so people can see how it does in those.
So far this build have done a lot of maps without any issues, can easily solo with it aswell.

+75% Fire Resist + Curse Immune on your map though, it takes like a decade to do, but that says itself.

Alrighty, thanks!

I just noticed Arioc has a level 1 heavy strike in the chest. Is there a reason behind it or the gear isn't updated?
Последняя редакция: neggan. Время: 22 апр. 2014 г., 9:20:36
"
neggan написал:
"
Derpey написал:

Alrighty, thanks!

I just noticed Arioc has a level 1 heavy strike in the chest. Is there a reason behind it or the gear isn't updated?

You can level the heavy strike to 9 which is the threshold before it starts increasing in mana cost. The axe has very little physical damage so leveling the gem past that isn't worth it.

Последняя редакция: Arioc. Время: 22 апр. 2014 г., 9:53:03
When I saw you using Dyadus instead of Doryani's Catalyst I thought you were using Arctic Breath for the chill 40% increased damage taken by mobs. But even if using the chill bonus I still think the mace will significantly increase your damage (as well as benefiting from leveling heavy strike).
IGN: Smegacore
"
battled написал:
When I saw you using Dyadus instead of Doryani's Catalyst I thought you were using Arctic Breath for the chill 40% increased damage taken by mobs. But even if using the chill bonus I still think the mace will significantly increase your damage (as well as benefiting from leveling heavy strike).

You could dual wield, but with mediocre armor and no block doing 75+ maps would be extremely challenging.

"
Arioc написал:
"
battled написал:

You could dual wield, but with mediocre armor and no block doing 75+ maps would be extremely challenging.

No need to dual wield, I mean Doryani's Catalyst is a straight up upgrade to Dyadus in your build. The 110% increased elemental damage is a killer.
IGN: Smegacore
Последняя редакция: battled. Время: 22 апр. 2014 г., 13:38:29
"
battled написал:
"
Arioc написал:
"
battled написал:

No need to dual wield, I mean Doryani's Catalyst is a straight up upgrade to Dyadus in your build. The 110% increased elemental damage is a killer.

I'll do the math soon, but I'm pretty sure the dps increase would not be worth it considering you lose 25% chance to ignite.

Последняя редакция: Arioc. Время: 22 апр. 2014 г., 17:48:46
"
neggan написал:
"
Derpey написал:

Alrighty, thanks!

I just found out my Stream quality sadly gets lowered too hard whenever I get into a pack of monsters.
So the video will probably be from Arioc's Point-of-View.
We'll buy another Poorjoy's and run that.

The point for low level gems are for lowest mana cost, since you only got around 120 to use from.

Also I changed some gear stuff in the build to compensate for higher level maps.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация