[1.1.3]Liked EleCleave? Elemental Reave Templar (12 ApS on MANA | EB lv20+AA MoM 6Aura PANTLESS)

"
VenatorPoE написал:
Really good thread. Very in-depth explanations of everything, I appreciate it. This is the build I'm going to run for the 2 week charity race! Can't wait to get my hands on it. This is exactly what I wanted to do, elemental reave - so I'm really glad someone else did all the theory crafting beforehand (I'm a lazy git sometimes).

First of all, thanks a lot!

But I am not sure a short duration league like the 2 week is really the place for this build. While its nice that all parts of it fit together so perfectly, it also makes it so that no part is really replacable. Disclaimer here before I delve deeper into it: I am sure elemental reave is doable in principle in the 2week! Just not this exact way though. The thing is, when I wrote "mandatory uniques", I meant mandatory. You can replace Cloak, but you need to be in your 90s to reach down to the MoM keynode without losing too much points pathing (=being too low on life due to all other nodes being essentially irreplecable - you cant drop aura nodes, for example. Id not start templar at least, maybe start scion and drop the templar section (meaning delay them until the very very VERY end of your journey))

Then you still need a prism and a alpha's for it to work. You need prism so you can run Discipline and Clarity, which in turn are necessary for MoM/AA. You need Alpha's so you can run them, too.

What you COULD do: Start Scion, drop the templar start nodes, dont expect to get an alphas/prism guardian = drop MoM for the time being / until you get a 4L Cloak (4L is minimum. For the sake of not being impossible to chrome on a 4L, go for Reave-LGoH/LL-Multistrike-Faster Attacks. RRRG on a 4L is probably harder than on a 5 or 6L (Not sure here)

In turn, youre not able to run Discipline, but you dont need it either since youre not MoM. This makes you unable to sustain a level 20 AA most likely (Clarity is still doable presumably)
Oh,and you would probably need to drop Purity of Lightning, if you dont have 8% reduced reservation from alphas.

this would leave you with something workable until you get the currency required for the mandatory uniques for the actual build. Personally I dislike using these kind of builds for short term leagues like this 2week race. Id also not suggest going for this build as a first build into a new 4 month either, for the very same reasons.

If youre starting scion, you could also just use the Buzzsaw setup and replace ST - LMP with Reave - Multistrike (btw, relying on MS in 2week is sketchy too, reliably cant get it before a3m and Reave without MS is completely useless) including BM. When you get Alpha's, you stay BM'd and save up for a cloak of defiance and a prism guardian, then switch over to EB mana based in one whoosh. Or you could play real EleBuzzsaw until you acquire the 3 uniques (5L on COD isnt thaaaaaaat important).

All these have one thing in common: Depending on how NoLife Hardcore you are, you will not be playing the actual build for large portions, or probably even MOST of the race. I really would advise another build (or settling on "Basically Buzzsaw with Reave-Multi instead of ST-LMP" as a setup)

thanks for reading, good luck, and see you in the 2 week :D
Последняя редакция: Inkompetentia. Время: 10 мая 2014 г., 10:25:41
Alright, im guna follow this right now. I really like it, ive been looking for an aura build with this type of feel. Im actually guna run Lightningstrike with Iron grip and multistrike.

REASON FOR LS;

FIRSTLY: REGARDING MANA~~~ I do not see any point in NOT leveling your attack gems, the difference between a lvl 1 & 20-reavegem is 4mp (lightning strike is 3mp diff[lvl 20 LS is +4mp compared to lvl 20 reave]) BUT THE DMG %DIFF is 72%!!! I believe the 4 mp is worth that especially with high attackspeed *itaddsup*.

SECOND: REGARDING AOE&ELE~~~ LS is much more ranged on base and on demand + imo simply nicer to look at. The last thing is ele dmg, LS is converted to lightdmg which consequently will lead to more dps in merciless bc of armor..sure auras have a convert but this is just more of a good thing. The only thing is i would have to give up a link possibly weapon ele.. give feedback.

THIRD: REGARDING THANKS~~~ Thank you so much for the time/effort you put in for the very well-made build you have here. It is completely viable and an awesome thing, hope this grows for your sake and stays kinda undercover for my sake =D ..great job friend.

- Epitome
~`Kisses`~
Последняя редакция: AcidicSoul. Время: 16 мая 2014 г., 3:13:12
WOWOWOW I spoke out of term on ALL of my mana stats, that must have been old info..reave is a much better route for mana issues aand dps i forgot to mention....scratch aall of this i feel fooled now....
~`Kisses`~
"
Alright, im guna follow this right now. I really like it, ive been looking for an aura build with this type of feel. Im actually guna run Lightningstrike with Iron grip and multistrike.

REASON FOR LS;

FIRSTLY: REGARDING MANA~~~ I do not see any point in NOT leveling your attack gems, the difference between a lvl 1 & 20-reavegem is 4mp (lightning strike is 3mp diff[lvl 20 LS is +4mp compared to lvl 20 reave]) BUT THE DMG %DIFF is 72%!!! I believe the 4 mp is worth that especially with high attackspeed *itaddsup*.

SECOND: REGARDING AOE&ELE~~~ LS is much more ranged on base and on demand + imo simply nicer to look at. The last thing is ele dmg, LS is converted to lightdmg which consequently will lead to more dps in merciless bc of armor..sure auras have a convert but this is just more of a good thing. The only thing is i would have to give up a link possibly weapon ele.. give feedback.

THIRD: REGARDING THANKS~~~ Thank you so much for the time/effort you put in for the very well-made build you have here. It is completely viable and an awesome thing, hope this grows for your sake and stays kinda undercover for my sake =D ..great job friend.

- Epitome

"
WOWOWOW I spoke out of term on ALL of my mana stats, that must have been old info..reave is a much better route for mana issues aand dps i forgot to mention....scratch aall of this i feel fooled now....

Yeah, it seems you figured it out yourself :D

The 2 reasons for reave being level 1, just cause it reads like you only figured out the first one:

1) The increase in mana is multiplied by modifiers.

2) Reave gains increased physical damage. Build gains almost nothing from levelling reave. If you have a 20/20 reave lying around, you can use it. The mana should still be managable, but theres no reason to level it >level 4 (iirc the highest level with 6 base cost), and I keep mine at 1 just in case I forget and overlevel it.

The one thing that sucks with LS is... colors on CoD. Depending on what items you were planning on using, this might double the cost of the build in chromes for that alone. If you only plan on using a 5L CoDefiance, depending on what support on LS you wanna use (Pierce? Chain?) and what you want to drop for it from the Reave setup (WED oder FA, whereas FA is the better gem to drop, but WED makes it a LOT easier to achieve the colors) it might turn into a nightmare on chromes. If you have a 6L, it becomes RRRRGG, which is still pretty hard, but in my opinion, 4off on a 6L you will never replace is a worthwhile investment (on a 5L, not so much, since you will want to replace it with a 6L asap)

5L LS is RRRRG (optimal) or RRRGG (not-wanting-to-spend-249024 chromes by using FA over WED, losing A LOT of damage though)

6L LS would be RRRRRG. I have no clue how many chromes this would take. I can only assume, but its a goddamn boatload and a half.

levelling LS is same as Reave. Increased Physical doesnt matter.

Every option besides Reave requires you to chrome a Cloak of Defiance to 4off (5L) or 5off (6L)

Reave also is inherently AoE with no damage penalty, which is rare, and gives basically a free support gem, and makes the colors needed on cloak realistic. It requires high attackspeed, which we have anyway. This makes it a perfect symbiotic relationship.

I wouldnt start Templar if you plan on using anything ever that doesnt require the increased AoE nodes from templar start. Scion and Ranger are both viable. Templar start is terrible, if it wasnt for those nodes. So if you still want to do LightStrike, start one of these, not templar. Any Melee Splash variant, or Molten Strike is still very much fine with these nodes, but with LS these are wasted nodes.

Don't feel fooled, hope you enjoy the build. Good Luck man!

tl;dr: LS, Molten Strike, anything + Splash, are all viable attackas. Reave is the most economic, and most likely the best by virtue of unconditional AoE (No Damage Penalty like Melee Splash, No blind spots like LS or Molten strike, no additional link required like Melee Splash option).

still tl;dr: Reave: Cheapest due to socket colors on cloak; probably best because of unconditional AoE without penalty = one free socket/link compared to ALL other options (except swordmisshandling unmanly relatives)
Последняя редакция: Inkompetentia. Время: 16 мая 2014 г., 8:51:38
reserved
Do you think your build would work with Hyaon's Fury? i'm feeling atempted to try.
"
allan1337 написал:
Do you think your build would work with Hyaon's Fury? i'm feeling atempted to try.

this build would *work*, but I am pretty sure, since the damage comes mainyl from auras, that Fury is outclassed by 2.1+ as weapons rather easily with its very low attack speed.

I will attempt on doing some math on it later, and edit it in this comment. Should be rather easy, when we assume same tree and non-weapon gear and supports.

Alright Ive done the math.

Even with a blue Foil with 2.16 aps, not other mods, Hyaons Fury already does only 90% of the damage that Foil would come up with. Thats also assuming a perfect roll Fury.

The reason is that our auras give us a total 620,8 base elemental damage at level 22 already. Using that as a base at 2.16 aps (=620,8*2,16= 1340,9 ; Keep in mind these numbers are before all modifiers, and supports, since they would be the same!) is more damage than adding 300,5 to the base (= 921,3) and attack at a measly 1.32 aps (921,3 * 1,32 = 1216,1

It would work definitely, but it is rather suboptimal. Keep in mind that AS is also utility: Leap Slam and even more important, stacking Reave fast are reliant on attack speed (Disclaimer: Leap Slam is almost unaffected, since only the +X% as roll from the weapon, not the base as is relevant).

Again, this only gets worse if the 2.16 aps weapon has %WED or ele damage rolls.

Disclaimer: When I said "numbers are before modifieres", I meant except for aura and buff effect buffs, since they are relevant for the base damage comparison.
Последняя редакция: Inkompetentia. Время: 24 мая 2014 г., 17:37:24
alright i see now, thanks for the math!
Hi, me again, i'm level 76 atm and the build is pretty much complete, while i'm doing fine on the damage side, i'm struggling a bit with stuns (3k life after auras reservation). The options i considered: 1) Unwavering Stance (too far), 2) Kaom's Boots (the lack of sockets was already driving me nuts, this would kill the crab) 3) Obviously, getting more life.

Now i come ask you, have you considered giving up on MoM? I'm asking because you've probably tested a bunch of stuff already, and i feel like if i drop the Cloak of Defiance for a good high ES chest (with high life roll and all the goodies) will not only help with the life problem but also boost mana by a ton, letting me cast one or maybe two more auras. then by level 90 i would respec some points going for the MoM node.

gear
Скрытый текст
Последняя редакция: allan1337. Время: 28 мая 2014 г., 19:14:42
yeah i have considered the kaoms boots, and heart of oak node.

You are right, the build cant handle losing 4 sockets, sadly.

Personally, I think I would only drop Cloak of Defiance when I have the levels to spec into MoM directly. Which means in the mid 90s.

The stuns are annoying indeed, but i think between gettins stunned from time to time (which becomes less and less of an issue with levels and gear) is the lesser evil. Dropping MoM/Cloak is not an option, imo. It adds too much ehp, especially in not-oneshot situations. A 109 life chest wouldnt make up the survivability loss.

I tend to get stunned not too often, since my reaves permastun trash. Hard hits from rares do stun me though.

getting Arctic armour to 20 also helps a lot.

Honestly, the build really only comes together in the early 80s imo. You spent all points up till now for necessary stuff like aura, aoe, and a lot of pathing. In the 70s the increased life % is kinda low, iirc. The more you level, the less of a problem stuns will become (they never will go completely).

tl;dr: hang in there, it gets better; dont drop Cloak unless you can spec into MoM instantly imo

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация