1.2 beyond/hardcore 7th player to lvl 100 Casualarcscrub (noncrit arc)

Spent pretty much all my currency buying a 21 arc (7ex) and empower4 (60ex) and respecced. Probably will stick to this until 100 if I survive

Gear:
Скрытый текст

Casual base on the flasks, but they have worked this far!

No atziri belt since I feel like I need to use the leech gem anyway, also it's way easier to overcap resists for curses. The extra hp is also a huge plus, not to mention I bought this belt for 1,5ex while the atziri belt cost 6ex.

Offence/defense

Only had to change around a couple of points in the spec, which was pretty nice.

Arc dps is roughly 19k (it's about 20,200 with lvl 16 quality 20 herald of thunder instead of ice herald), while still maintaining about 7,4k effective hp. Singletarget is slighty worse than ball lightning, but at this point it's mostly about the clearspeed, and just change things up for fun. Also you don't get casual 8 stacks of corrupting blood from shooting once!

Old posts:

Скрытый текст

Скрытый текст

Current gear
Скрытый текст

Offhand leveling, debating about switching to arc and maybe do last part of the grind with it

Current spec for lvl 98

Old post
Скрытый текст

Just writing down some thoughts, depending on whether or not I can make a good character out of it I will probably go more into details.

Might not be all that much different from the other lightning ball specs besides having more hp, in my opinion more point efficient and made for the new hardcore league. (if you want a higher dps softcore version I'd suggest dropping the athleticism cluster for Mental rapidity + Nimbleness)

The spec: (might need new offline calc to open)

Yep no iron reflexes. Inc softcore? Maybe, maybe not. Going for high lvl artic armor further boosted by athleticism then the next 3 points is planned to go into Inner force, unless I find a way to squeeze it in.
Kind of have to be witch for optimal start, that buffed 40% mana reg node is just so damn good. Also if you somehow eventually transition into CI you will be happy that you're a witch!
Need the new sniper node in shadow area for some projectile speed, otherwise your clear speed will be kind of slow.

Bandits:
normal - oak
cruel - kill all (you can take alira 4% cast speed if you want, but I'd rather have the skillpoint)
merciless - kill all

The gear:
Скрытый текст
Realistically at mid tier you will have a moon sorrow wand, rathpith shield and a 5l carcass jack

Reason for carcass jack is the aoe + MoM chest without aura nodes is imo a waste and the new herald of ash (lightning version ofc) will reserve some mana together with the new clarity + purity of lightning

The links:
Aoe 4/5/6L: Ball lightning, spell echo, faster casting, lightning penetration @4l
5th will most likely be increased AoE or added lightning damage, but can possible be a red gem for empower with the possibility of putting in life leech.

Will have to test this.

Single Target 4L: Storm call, conc effect, lightning pen, spell echo. Should be decent, and I don't really see any other good option.

Auras 4L: Clarity, purity of lightning, herald of ash lightning version, reduced mana

CoDT 4L: Cast on damage taken, enduring cry, immortal call, increased duration

Curse 3L: Conductivity / ele weakness, faster casting, artic armor in this link if you have 6l

Jumping skill 3L: Lightning warp, faster casting, reduced duration

Casual thoughts:
If the new herald of ash thingy ends up sucking you can use haste aura instead, if you find a way to get enough dex for it.

WISH ME LUCK!

[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Последняя редакция: ZoRoXo. Время: 27 нояб. 2014 г., 13:04:11
Small update

Currently lvl 71 in top 40, mostly playing solo until merciless progressing. Then solo again in docks > maps since team kind of died :D

Leveling was interesting since you have shit defense, no mana reg for AA, and low hp. Did cruel dominus with 1900 life, merci vaal with 2,4k. Several close calls but somehow I'm still alive. Now sitting at 2,9k with all my dmg nodes, so basically only survivability left.

Current tooltip is 2036,4

Never got around to fix proper gems for storm call as I rarely use it. Spell kind of sucks vs moving mobs. And vs stationary mobs you hit so many times with ball that I honestly don't see much point in having storm call. Got pretty lucky with being able to buy a lvl18 ball gem for 3c, which really helped me a lot. Seeing as the damage scale so good with levels I think I will use a 3link +2 scepter until a 5link chest.
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Going pretty decent so far at lvl 83. Rank 13 atm.

Killed most of the beyond bosses, fire one is super easy, probably because of artic armour. Lightning is kind of easy as long as you have room to kite. Leaper/skeleton guy hits like a truck, but killed him by abusing decoy totem indoor. Ice one is way to sketchy to even approach lol. Was too afraid of trying to fight the summoner when I saw he had Vaal detonate dead.

Current tooltip 3004,3. Reflect starting to hurt a lot, but was hoping to hold out with life leech until 5l, but I failed at 6socket even with 14 stacks of jewelers :^(

[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Последняя редакция: ZoRoXo. Время: 23 авг. 2014 г., 17:43:52
Finally fixed the 5l after about 700 jewelers for 6s. Spec feels pretty solid now, can facetank a lot of the nerfed beyonders. Sitting at rank 12 being sad about my map rng.

5,3k life 3k tooltip. Ended up not using herald of ice anymore since they nerfed the beyonders I don't feel like the extra damage is really needed. Before you'd sometimes end up with almost unkillable mobs. Rather have the discipline for some extra mana regen to substain artic armour. It gets pretty hard with shit jewelry, but there's not really anything better that's being sold at the moment.

The storm call is pretty much useless at this point outside to safely killing the promenade boss in case you get it as a master quest. Maybe once it hits 20 I'll try to vaal orb it. Actually might be decent with a vaal storm call linked with leech, conc effect, lightning pen.

The regular storm call kind of gets useless due to fast moving mobs, desynch etc
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Последняя редакция: ZoRoXo. Время: 26 авг. 2014 г., 16:05:23
Pretty solid build here, i'm running a copy-ish of it myself, started out at the scion node because i wanted more mana regen earlier. The big con about that is the ridicoulusly low damage i had until i reached the late 40's.

Yeah, I don't think there's a single build in the entire game that's better of starting as scion. They have no 1 point wonder, there's 2 easy access trough the middle, and the few specs that actually take the extra aoe/block might as well start of with a superior class and spec into them anyway. That way they will most likely end up with at worst exact same amount of points spent, or in most cases, getting a 1 point wonder like the witch mana reg, ranger attack speed etc.

Harrier, path of savant/warrior/hunter all needs to have 1 less filler point and even then I'm curious if they could break even vs 1 point wonder classes. But I guess that's a discussion for another day :P
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Chanced a rathpith, was pretty lucky since there was no way I could afford it at the time. Also got a pretty good price on the belt (1,5exish). Then I failed some vaal orbs on ball lightning. Build is pretty much complete at this point, getting upgrades is very hard and my resists are all ele weakness capped except fire which gets down to 71.
Would probably use the quality added lightning gem I'm leveling in the gloves if I happen to get a 6l at some point.
Vaal storm call is actually pretty decent with it though when you end up facetanking some beyond mobs / tough rares, keeps them shocked easily.

5,8k hp 3,2k tooltip. Overall I think ball lightning is a decent skill, always fun to try something new, and have it actually work out.
Can do some bosses that other build fear (jungle valley spider, residence dom etc). But I don't think it will ever be a tier1 build sadly. I've played arc in the past and it always felt more powerful. I know some people who claim that a 3k ball lightning clears faster than a 12k arc, but in my experience that's just bullshit unless you're strictly talking about huuuge packs or tanky bosses. The majority of the game consists of medium sized packs that are semi spread. And don't get me started on running courtyard birds lol.

With better gear like 6l, cast speed on second ring + amulet, 21 ball gem, and a wand similar to
I can probably bring the tooltip up to 4,5ish. Don't see it getting much higher than that unless I spec out of hp.
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Последняя редакция: ZoRoXo. Время: 29 авг. 2014 г., 19:53:53
Hi!

I'm glad you braved trying out Ball Lightning. I like your build and your approach to it's much different than the other posts I've seen.

Have you ran into any of the crit BL people?

My Beyonder is level 7x and I want to try BL out in Rampage. Not sure if I want to go super squishy or a tanky version like this =)

Also... I thought BL didn't do area damage and therefor isn't helped by Carcass Jack. Am I wrong here?
Последняя редакция: Valentia. Время: 31 авг. 2014 г., 11:18:03
"
Valentia написал:
Hi!

I'm glad you braved trying out Ball Lightning. I like your build and your approach to it's much different than the other posts I've seen.

Have you ran into any of the crit BL people?

My Beyonder is level 7x and I want to try BL out in Rampage. Not sure if I want to go super squishy or a tanky version like this =)

Also... I thought BL didn't do area damage and therefor isn't helped by Carcass Jack. Am I wrong here?

Hey.

I usually map solo so haven't really ran into them, but I checked out some stream of a guy that used it (fleepqc/bob). Seems pretty good. Tooltip dps was way higher than mine, didn't watch enough to see how he did vs reflect packs, but he did play on beyond on high level so I guess it's pretty good.

If I were to play on rampage I'd definitely go crit version. This build, similar to all my builds are made to survive all kinds of random stuff that can happen in hardcore leagues, like 3+ screen desyncs or just some random stuff that happened earlier today. I was in a crematorium and got a kill exile quest. The exile + a big pack of adds spawned on the next floor entrance and hit he for about 5k dmg instant + another 3k within a second. Thank god for buffed pots.
Stuff like that is very rare (I remember it used to happen during invasion on shrine piety portal entrance) and I think that if you know the game good, like know what map bosses to skip/roll proper maps you can actually do completely fine on a softcore league with 4,5kish hp, if you have a cast on damage taken setup. Add in a lvl 20 artic armour, lightning coil, mind over matter, or maxblock and you're golden.

Ball lightning does not do area damage, so carcass does not do anything for the tooltip dps. It does however give you larger "sparkle" range on the lightning from the ball, which makes it hit same targets more times. I'm not sure about the numbers, but an easy way to check it out is to find a tanky corrupted blood mob and take of spell echo.
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Последняя редакция: ZoRoXo. Время: 8 сент. 2014 г., 1:13:30
Had some solid rng recently so geared up quite a bit.

Got a decent price on 6l that was even better rolled than my old one. roughly 16exish, then got the wand for like 52c which apparently was a good deal even though I've seen similar ones for half the price. Sadly that kept happening when I didn't have any currency to buy them since I kept spending it all trying to get lvl 21 ball at 20/20quality. Got it on 5th try.

Had to enchant mana on gloves + helmet to keep up with the regen for lvl 20 artic armour when I got inner force node on 94.

Will probably have to buy new jewelry once I get to 21 AA. Plan for now is to eventually run artic armor, decoy totem, empower, and maybe enlighten in gloves. Will try for the big yolo lvl3 empower on the uncorrupted one. The corrupted one was actually lvl2 initially from a box, and I vaaled it back to 1 lol.

Sitting at 6k hp with 5,1k tooltip atm. Can mow down most content with ease now. Think only thing I've skipped recently is the unique leaper in high dmg mod maps. The other ones are very killable. Can also do reflect maps as long as I hold back a little in big packs. Just have to weather down the whites and then it's easy to kill the rest. This saves quite a bit with rerolling maps, and can do all zana mod maps I've gotten so far.

Leveling some new gems off hand

Hopefully I can eventually drop discipline for herald of ice (or haste in a perfect world) for a decent dps boost, but for now I will continue to prioritize artic armor. Want to see how far I can push it. For now with lvl20, inner force + athleticism I can almost afk in crematorium boss firestorm.

Also title is a bit misleading since I stopped playing much for couple days and ended up at like rank 120ish, but back in top50 now at least!
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Последняя редакция: ZoRoXo. Время: 14 сент. 2014 г., 22:58:54

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация