[1.2] KuteKitteh’s Tanky Arcer, 20k+ Effective DPS, Atziri/HC-viable. Poor-man’s BM Arc included

I just realized Mind Barrier is 8% SPELL block, not reg. So...that sucks. Makes sense though ( the name of the node)...don't ask.
So I'm shy of max by 20/8.
I'm at 55/67 now, and that's where it's staying without a rebuild.

Not bad I guess?
I just hope my build isn't so flawed in concept that Atziri will be a ton harder. I don't know. Never done it before.
If An arcer can get by without ANY block or spell block ( though I can't understand how), than 55/65 should be fine!
Последняя редакция: DamageIncorporated. Время: 23 авг. 2014 г., 22:41:27
"
DamageIncorporated написал:
"
KuteKitteh написал:

The tree that you propose won't be very effective versus physical damage since it's missing Aegis + Testudo, which are two huge sources of block. Also, I hope you got that 40% mana regen-ES hybrid node at the start of Witch.

Glad you're having fun with the survivability though. Trust me, it gets way easier once you hit over 70% block chance.

Anyways, I do hear some comparisons with Foxtactic's build. The only thing this build has in common with his is the spell Arc. His is the epitome of offense via glass cannon, whereas this build places emphasis on offense from defense. I personally find the offense-from-defense approach much more chillax'd because there are so few situations that are remotely dangerous, so I can just sit wherever I want without worrying about getting hit too much.

As I always used to say, dead witches deal 0 DPS.

As I said I'll be getting the shield nodes near Witch soon :P and yes, Aegis too. Right now at 77, I'm fine. Don't need no 75%/75% for 66-69 maps. ( saving up 70+'s)

I totally agree with the dead dps thing. I'm all over it in fact. You see less block cuz I havn't aken them yet :P I'm taking the cluster in the Witch area, plus Aegis soon. Wasted points (for me, and MY route) Down by Golems Blood.

You would call Fox's build "glass cannon". I'm glad! lol. That means it's not just me. I am NOT into dieing over and over, or worrying about being insta gibbed. Which happened alot.

In the end I think my build is ...close? to yours in effective block/spell block. But with more dps.
Yours is 5% more block.
I tend to seek out the middle road instead of an extreme one way or the other.

I don't mind a little less block than max. I just want some breathing room, and MoM+ block/spell block is breathing room.

Fox's has many many arc builds. The LC arcer was not glass cannon. Heres me face tanking atziri with it. I only move to get more in her face to burn her too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiVFnBniuK8&list=UUfr_OnbD7g8uPk0s_mjzZLQ
Tanks everything. double flameblasts her wicked stormcalls whatever.

but yeah his latest is glassy. you follow that you are destined to die a lot. Thats why i'm leveling in rampage with kute kittys :)

If i were u I wouldnt change anything. I'm not save using a CoD so I dont have to take MoM.
Git R Dun!
Последняя редакция: Aim_Deep. Время: 23 авг. 2014 г., 22:37:28
Hey, my level 63 freeze pulse witch died earlier in the Beyond league so now im looking at new builds to use. I am very interested in your tanky arcer. My plan is to follow the BM arc path for now (I dont have a lot of currency). My questions are:

1. is the BM arcer build viaable for the Beyond league?
2. In your levelling passive tree I see the first 81 points as you posted but its not clear to me what order you take them in. What passives should I go for first? For example after you placed the first 11 points your tree goes left and right and I am not sure what is the optimal route.
3. is this build good for levelling 1 to say lvl 50 or will I struggle with low dps/low survivablity.

thanks for your time.
"
Aim_Deep написал:
"
"
KuteKitteh написал:

The tree that you propose won't be very effective versus physical damage since it's missing Aegis + Testudo, which are two huge sources of block. Also, I hope you got that 40% mana regen-ES hybrid node at the start of Witch.

Glad you're having fun with the survivability though. Trust me, it gets way easier once you hit over 70% block chance.

Anyways, I do hear some comparisons with Foxtactic's build. The only thing this build has in common with his is the spell Arc. His is the epitome of offense via glass cannon, whereas this build places emphasis on offense from defense. I personally find the offense-from-defense approach much more chillax'd because there are so few situations that are remotely dangerous, so I can just sit wherever I want without worrying about getting hit too much.

As I always used to say, dead witches deal 0 DPS.

As I said I'll be getting the shield nodes near Witch soon :P and yes, Aegis too. Right now at 77, I'm fine. Don't need no 75%/75% for 66-69 maps. ( saving up 70+'s)

I totally agree with the dead dps thing. I'm all over it in fact. You see less block cuz I havn't aken them yet :P I'm taking the cluster in the Witch area, plus Aegis soon. Wasted points (for me, and MY route) Down by Golems Blood.

You would call Fox's build "glass cannon". I'm glad! lol. That means it's not just me. I am NOT into dieing over and over, or worrying about being insta gibbed. Which happened alot.

In the end I think my build is ...close? to yours in effective block/spell block. But with more dps.
Yours is 5% more block.
I tend to seek out the middle road instead of an extreme one way or the other.

I don't mind a little less block than max. I just want some breathing room, and MoM+ block/spell block is breathing room.

Fox's has many many arc builds. The LC arcer was not glass cannon. Heres me face tanking atziri with it. I only move to get more in her face to burn her too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiVFnBniuK8&list=UUfr_OnbD7g8uPk0s_mjzZLQ
Tanks everything. double flameblasts her wicked stormcalls whatever.

but yeah his latest is glassy. you follow that you are destined to die a lot. Thats why i'm leveling in rampage with kute kittys :)

If i were u I wouldnt change anything. I'm not save using a CoD so I dont have to take MoM.

... Get that build working on 1.2 and you have a point. Otherwise this build is FAR superior and cost to effectiveness ratio is insanely easy for the poor mans build.

You know what I fucking hate? Users who make guides and don't keep them updated for 1.2. It has happened last year with Rohx's ground slammer when we get SoV, and now FoxTactics not updating his Rightous Fire Surgeon for 1.2. (No, I'm not talking about the dual curse bullshit).

Pisses me off to end. I am pleased with this build, it's extremely tanky and I love not dying.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Последняя редакция: monkuar. Время: 24 авг. 2014 г., 2:25:24
"
monkuar написал:
it's extremely tanky and I love not dying.

My build is different but similar enough at least in the block and spell block respect, and ya I agree.
a few min ago I just did enfeeble, -25% max resists, monster dmg and ias+25%....it was easy! lol
lvl 79 now. fun fun.
"
"
monkuar написал:

My build is different but similar enough at least in the block and spell block respect, and ya I agree.
a few min ago I just did enfeeble, -25% max resists, monster dmg and ias+25%....it was easy! lol
lvl 79 now. fun fun.

Add me on skype: Dillybob1992

I play on Standard, always looking for people to map with. I find it fun, lmk :)
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
monkuar написал:
"
"
monkuar написал:

lvl 79 now. fun fun.

Add me on skype: Dillybob1992

I play on Standard, always looking for people to map with. I find it fun, lmk :)

I would! had many good times voice chatting with a co player...alas the Skypeclient won't let me sign in even after resetting my password 3 times. I give up.
Последняя редакция: DamageIncorporated. Время: 24 авг. 2014 г., 4:24:01
"
monkuar написал:

... Get that build working on 1.2 and you have a point. Otherwise this build is FAR superior and cost to effectiveness ratio is insanely easy for the poor mans build.

You know what I fucking hate? Users who make guides and don't keep them updated for 1.2. It has happened last year with Rohx's ground slammer when we get SoV, and now FoxTactics not updating his Rightous Fire Surgeon for 1.2. (No, I'm not talking about the dual curse bullshit).

Pisses me off to end. I am pleased with this build, it's extremely tanky and I love not dying.

I can't speak for foxy but I got it working fine in that thread with final skill tree for 1.2 and did atziri. Not as tanky as before because we missing elemental adaptation and max resist by maru but still 105% fire and 96-97% lightning with flask up. I am looking forward to do this max block build in Rampage and compare though. Can't try it in Standard already did full repect so just need to level in rampage. Yeah cost is major issue with max resists RF arcer. getting 23 PoF and PoLs running is not cheap.:( My character was ~50ex not include gems.

What I like most about this build beside cheap is you can almost do it self found. All the gems are got from quests for example. No lvl 3 empowers and stuff needed. Ammy and Rathpith is only real killers but what 6-8ex? thats very resonable.
Git R Dun!
Последняя редакция: Aim_Deep. Время: 24 авг. 2014 г., 4:45:50
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2eft9u/lvl_76_map_sextuple_rip/

This is why I LOVE YOUR BUILD HAHAHAHAHAA!

(I made that video btw, ahaha awesomee)
Последняя редакция: monkuar. Время: 24 авг. 2014 г., 8:02:50
Any particular reason you're linking the two curses rather than manual casting and making the main Arc more powerful (Empower, faster cast etc)? Is it mostly for convenience or speed or the 10% increase in curse effectiveness ?
D1 - PvM D2 - PvM/PvP D3 - MvM (Money vs Monster)

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация