Critique My Build [1.2.0] CI Crit Ball Lightning

BL + Echo + LL + Inc. AoE + PCoC

Damage mitigation comes from Cloak of Defiance + AA + LL gem + Enfeeble (Dual curse)
I've never played a MoM or AA build so I'm not sure how much mana those actually require in a realistic scenario, correct me if I'm overshooting the mana pool capabilities.

-Dual Curse
-256% ES
-435% Crit. Chance + 7 Charges (inlcuding Alira)
-140% Crit. Multiplier
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Последняя редакция: Catharsis. Время: 20 авг. 2014 г., 12:19:42
Two factors make cloak of defiance a poor choice for a CI build.

-Body armor is your largest slot for energy shield. You will be giving up 400-700+ base energy shield going with the cloak.

-You need very high mana regen and unreserved mana to make good use of MoM (700+unreserved and 200+ regen is considered a minimum). This is not realistically attainable without eldritch battery.

About ball lightning itself. I consider slower projectiles to be mandatory, easily beating out any other support gem in terms of increasing your clearspeed. The reason for this is simply that the longer you can keep an enemy inside the aoe of ball lightning, the greater your damage per cast. Increased area and cast speed will also multiply your damage by allowing more aoes to overlap, so I would suggest investing more into those in the tree.

The skill is very mana intensive. About 100 mana regen, ~300 unreserved mana, and two flasks were required for me to sustain myself in mid 70's maps. The substantial damage buffs and general lwering of mana costs should help greatly with this, but still something to keep in mind.

If you really want to stick with CI, I would consider dropping some energy shield and maybe looking into block and/or recharge rate for increasing survivability. Considering you can easily hit 7k es with ~130% es or less in the passive tree and a decent chest, 256% is really overkill.
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1629242
"
Seinfire написал:
Two factors make cloak of defiance a poor choice for a CI build.

-Body armor is your largest slot for energy shield. You will be giving up 400-700+ base energy shield going with the cloak.

-You need very high mana regen and unreserved mana to make good use of MoM (700+unreserved and 200+ regen is considered a minimum). This is not realistically attainable without eldritch battery.

its also "before life" not "before ES", so its useless to CI
Thanks for the input guys

@Seinfire: I see the problem with MoM, I'll play around with the tree to get more block or find other defensive options.
Regarding Slower Projectiles, I see your point but since targets can't be hit more than once per 0.2s, wouldn't the DPS effectively be the same as if you just spam the spell at the target?

@Karizar: are you sure this doesn't work for CI?
IGN: HarroHarbinger
"
Catharsis написал:
@Karizar: are you sure this doesn't work for CI?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545810/page/1#p4929196
"
Catharsis написал:
Regarding Slower Projectiles, I see your point but since targets can't be hit more than once per 0.2s, wouldn't the DPS effectively be the same as if you just spam the spell at the target?

No, it is 200ms per ball. With slower projectiles, the longer travel time+more overlapping aoes greatly multiplies your damage per cast. Edit: To further clarify, without slower projectiles the balls will simply fly past your target and to the edge of the screen, losing what looks like 50-70% of potential hits on a single target depending on how much aoe you have.

Also on my above point about es, it sounds like base es on gear is getting nerfed, so maybe 170-180% would be a better number to shoot for.
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1629242
Последняя редакция: Seinfire. Время: 20 авг. 2014 г., 17:46:24

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация