Weight Lifting Thread #9000+

Okay, I'm leaner and meaner than I've ever been. You know, like when you have that bone at the temple of your forehead sticking out like Mr. Piccolo's or SS2 Majin Vegeta?

But I'm wanting to pack on some muscle while avoiding adding fat. My diet may be a little unusual. It's Keto + Intermittent Fasting. Which basically means I eat once a day and sometimes I go for days without eating.

Now, I already know that you can work out and gain muscle with fasting as long as you take a pre-workout stimulant such as black coffee and then immediately consume some carbs and protein by breaking your fast after your workout. So I get that part.

But what I need to know from anyone out there lifting what is an intelligent amount of calories for me to be consuming. There are conflicting accounts out there. I used some calorie calculators for a male with Light Physical activity, just to be safe not to get too much credit for my work outs, of 175lbs and they say I can eat ~2500 calories a day!

Which was a little eye popping because I've been eating 1800 for all this time. But I haven't been doing much physical activity lately because of how cold it's been outside which is where I actually use the trees and stuff to do pullups and use the yard (I'mma country boy) to move around and do exercises.

Well anyway. Is it true? Is there anyone around my size lifting out there and how many calories are you eating?

Last bumped11 окт. 2019 г., 12:53:55
You will never get gains on 1800 calories mate. 2500 still sounds like not much to me but seems doable.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
How tall are you?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
You're wanting answers but not asking the right questions.
Your height and weight is important to know anything.
The second thing to know is to be honest about your general activity level. Do you walk a few miles a day, run a few miles a day, have a chair sitting job or are you on your butt most of the day.
A big myth people are inclined to believe is whatever weight gain they have is muscle. No matter what you will always gain fat too. Some weight gain is just water or your energy storages growing, aka glycogen.

If you're not going to the gym the you have to do a few different things to trigger your body to grow. A great rule of thumb is less is more and more is less. Working towards doing 100 push ups, 100 body squats, 50-100 sit ups everday will net you some great results. Once you can comfortably achieve the above then you can add more reps.

An example of just starting out.
4 sets of 25 push ups
4 sets of 25 squats
4 sets of 25 sit ups

Do each exercise after another and take a break and start over when ready.
Wow thanks for the input. That's a lot of good input, really it is. An I think I will add the 25 pushup thing to my routine. But nobody told me how many calories THEY were eating each day lol. Which is what I asked.

hahaha

Well I used to lead a karate class occasionally back in the day, so my basic workout routine is just to go through the basic Ishinryu techniques at at accelerated speed in the back yard. Then good ole' fashioned jumping jacks to keep the heart rate up. And some nice rustic pullups on the branch of a nearby tree.

But as I said that really isn't muscle building stuff too much. I guess can do the pushup routine for the time being.

But again, I was asking for calorie counts of what you personally eat. And as far as do I get hungry on one meal a day. The answer is not unless I go under calorie which is sometimes unavoidable since I stopped eating bacon and avocado - bacon because of nitrates, and avocado because I can't ever find any good ones anymore. Lately I've been eating peanut butter chocolate brownies to keep my calories up but I'm still falling below 2000 routinely.

It's no problem to eat more. I just don't want to accidentally gain fat by accident when what I'm doing now isn't too hard to adhere to. That's all. I'm just looking for practical advise, not necessarily transformative information.
I was thinking to do something with myself, but initial plan for me is to start with full bodyweight exercises only. No weights.

Then if there is a need, then move on to weights.

Also those 2500 calories sound low, you must take into account that the more you exercise, body will demand more energy, so be ready to adjust diet in proportion to how much strain you put your body through.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
BearCares написал:
...But I haven't been doing much physical activity lately...

I know this thread is about diet, but after reading the quoted statement, I just want to remind you (and everyone) to start slowly and heed your body's responses. When starting out, give your muscle groups two to three days between workouts.

Additionally, use proper form in everything you do, including playing Path of Exile! I made the mistake of playing PoE and MedianXL on my laptop on my couch, with my mouse-arm "supported" on the armrest (because it keeps my wrist straight), for hours on end for several days at a time, spanning about a month. This put strain on my upper arm over time. A few weeks ago I decided to get back into shape, and I started with pushups - just two sets of 20! Lo and behold: I woke up one morning and reached over to pickup up a blanket, and my right shoulder screamed at me. Now I'm in rehab sessions twice a week for a slight impingement and spurring.

So yeah, start slow, use good form, and maintain good posture in all everyday activites. This is increasingly more important as you age. I'm only 35, but I'm sure as Hell not 20 anymore, that's for sure.
Pushups won t do shit, if you want mass you need to eat often and use weights. If you want to stay lean and gain mass, you ll need to watch your carbs and eat more often but less in quantity.

Buy Whey protein, take 30g pre training. Take 30 g after training. Train min 45 minutes and maximum 1h30 minutes. Intensity is key.

Then REST 8hours at least every nights. During night you can take a scoop of 90% prot too (need to wake up at midnight oof)

With all those prot you ll need to be careful with your carbs intake and fat.

Eat lean meat like chicken with vegetable and salad. Look on internet how those hollywood guys do it like Hugh Jackman Diet and Workout.

You must do cardio but not more than 30 min, gaining muscle is not compatible with long cardio training.

-Train sets of 8-12 reps at your 80% max using weights, 10 series.
-Train muscle groups , no random, example>

chest + back day 1
rest day 2 (30 min cardio)
Arms+ shoulders day 3
rest day 4 (30 min cardio)
legs + abs day 5

day 6-7 is full rest

Buy kettlebells, dumbells a bench, 100kg of weights of different size that can be put on both arms (2x5 kilos, 2x10 kilos, 2x1.5 kilos etc etc).

Don t put more than 12kg on your shoulders training (start with 2kg max! don t go over 5kg for some time!) or you ll destroy them for life unless you are some king of bodybuilder.

25kilos for arms and biceps is enough to grow good arms. Chest need at least half your bodyweight. Do squat but be careful with the form and your back. Don t put too much on your back.

Don t skip leg days.

2000 calories is dam right, under and you ll not get gains. If you eat 3 real food meal + 2 prot meal during the day it will be ok as long as those real meals are controled in fat and carbs.

HAve fun.

- For those who don t like training with weights, P90x2 is a good program. P90x3 sucks tho.

-blueberries is great anti inflammatory food

-if you can t buy whey protein, you ll need a lot of chicken - eat a lof of peas.

-for vegans Avoid soja prot it is full of oestrogen. Prefer peas protein. (Whey protein is made of milk)

-creatine supplement is great once you are past 30 year old.

-about 4 months is the time needed to see clear muscle growth. Don t despair if after 2 weeks nothing happens. Also key for muscle growth is micro-lesions + rest.

Muscles grow because they need to repair and when they repair they ll add a layer for next time they ll be under stress.

If you don t use heavy weights (meaning weight that will give you a max of 8-10 reps before being too hard) you ll will not get those micro-lesions (but again watch out for your shoulders!).

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Последняя редакция: Head_Less. Время: 5 апр. 2019 г., 11:48:08
Hey thanks man, cool infomration. But as far as Hollywood is concerned you know what they say...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLVOvIxO4TM

Chicken. Got it. But do you have any strong feelings about eggs and cheese?
P
anything is everything
Последняя редакция: Manocean. Время: 23 окт. 2023 г., 9:08:43

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация