[3.24 Updated] Animate Weapon of Self Reflection + Ephemeral Edge Necromancer

Hi Everyone!

Here's my Animate Weapon of Self Reflection + Ephemeral Edge build!

Two of my favorite things in PoE are summoner gameplay and having tons of hp. With the new transfigured gem Animate Weapon of Self Reflection, and the 3.23 update changing Ephemeral Edge's damage to be based on the player's energy shield instead of the minions', it seems like I can finally combine my two favorite things into one nice build!

This build was made in 3.23, but it still works well in 3.24 with some slight adjustments. I'm currently league starting with this build. It's certainly not the best but 100% viable!

My 3.24 character on poe.ninja with the most up-to-date optimization:
https://poe.ninja/builds/necropolis/character/Zitta/Zitta?i=0

Video showcase:
Uber Cortex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bx_b1ar4CA
T17 Catarina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDCI7hMkzZE

Pobs:
Скрытый текст
3.24 league start version (10 div | 3.5m vs Guardian/Pinnacle): https://pobb.in/JhI4mjLkUYlt

More expansive version (~50 div | 7.5m vs Guardian/Pinnacle): https://pobb.in/ZJwW997LmJC3

Will make an even more expansive version as I continue to min-max and dump currencies into this build!

Core Concept:
Скрытый текст

Ephemeral Edge is an unique sword with modifier: "Attacks with this Weapon have Added maximum Lightning Damage equal to 20% of player Energy Shield".

Animate Weapon of Self Reflection is a new transfigured gem that can summon copy of our main hand weapon (Ephemeral Edge, in this case) as minions. Our summoned Ephemeral Edge minions will then gain a decent amount of base lightning damage based on our large energy shield pool.

In addition, we will use Animate Guardian and Raise Spectre to further buff our Ephemeral Edge minions, as well as 7 auras combined with Commander of Darkness to give them additional attack speed.

That's the build! We will scale our dps through a combination of minion damage and maximum energy shield.

Skill Gems:
Скрытый текст
Main Skill (use awakened if possible):
Animate Weapon of Self Reflection - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Lightning Penetration - Elemental Focus - Minion Damage - Volatility
(For mapping, change Elemental Damage with Attacks to Melee Splash)
(If affordable, change Lightning Penetration to Awakened Multistrike)

Guardian & Spectre:
Raise Spectre - Animate Guardian - Feeding Frenzy - Meat Shield

Curse & Shock:
Summon Skitterbots with Conductivity socketed in Profane Proxy (left)

Corpse & Offering:
Arcanist Brand + Desecrate + Spirit Offering
(We want the number of activations for arcanist brand to be an odd number so that there will always be corpses left on the ground, procing Plaguebringer and Essence Glutton. This can be achieved by increasing our cast speed or skill duration, either on gear, jewel or tree)

Free Aura:
Guardian's Blessing (Lv1) - Haste - Meat Shield - Summon Chaos Golem

Other Auras:
Arrogance - Wrath - Clarity (level up as much as you can reserve)

Determination + Precision + Discipline

and also:
Frostblink

Uniques:
Скрытый текст

Ephemeral Edge of course

Ghostwrithe can give us decent amount of base energy shield

Coruscating Elixir combined with The Traitor enables us to reserve all of our hp without worrying about chaos damage. Get this setup as soon as possible!

Ashes of the Stars is nice in 3.23, but it's no longer the best without Perfect Spirit of Fortune. Instead, we should use Perquil's Toe to give our minion lucky damage, which is a 33% dps increase!!

Profane Proxy can automatically apply our curse. Although You can choose to apply curse manually and use a rare unset ring for more energy shield.

Here are some optional uniques:

Without a good rare belt, Bated Breath is a good alternative which can give us tons of energy shield!

Without a good rare minion shield, we can always use Aegis Aurora for more tankiness. However, it will cost us ~10% of our dps.

Sin Trek is a good boots for league start. It's cheap and has good energy shield for early mapping.

Rares & Cluster Jewels:
Скрытый текст
For all rares except the shield, we will want as much energy shield as possible while also capping our elemental resistances. That means also looking for intelligence or maximum life (which will be converted by Ghostwrithe)

We also want at least 10k armour for Divine Shield, which can be achieved by mods on belt, jewel, or using an Armour/ES base for either helmet, gloves or boots.

For the shield, we will want energy shield as well as minion damage & minion crit. Unlike most other minion builds, we will not benefit much from "+# to level of minion skill gems" mods.

For our minion cluster jewel, we will need Renewal on it to keep our golem from dying to guardian's blessing; besides that, we want 35% increased effect, minion attack speed, energy shield or stats.

Guardian & Spectres:
Скрытый текст
With some minion regen nodes, heal on block and heal on minion death, our guardian and spectres should never die except in t17 maps. Unfortunately there are some extremely cursed mobs in t17 that can kill minions through almost any defense. The best way to deal with them is to kill them quickly before they can do anything, but with this being a tank build and all, we can't consistently do that. So, if you are farming t17, you can swap Animate Guardian with Culling Strike Support. You'll lose 5% damage for it, but at least your guardian won't die and lose you money.

Guardian:

Spectre:
Pale Seraphim, Ruins Hellion (for defense) or Primal Rhex Matriarch (for dps)

Leveling & League Start:
Скрытый текст
We can level with Animate Weapon of Self Reflection as soon as we can use it (at level 4). In early game, look for good two-handed weapon for faster clearing. At level 24, we can also use Energy Blade for higher damage. In fact, we can keep using Energy Blade instead of Ephemeral Edge until the end of the campaign.

After campaign, get 5-link Ghostwrithe > Brutal Restraint & Coruscating Elixir > good ES rares > 6-link Ghostwrithe.

Bandit - Kill All
Ascendency order - Commander of Darkness > Mindless Aggression > Essence Glutton > Plaguebringer
We can bind Bone Barrier to left click to use it automatically!
Major Pantheon - Brine King
Minor Pantheon - Ralakesh

AAAnd that's it! Thanks for reading! I'll continue to develop the build as we progress further in to the league. I'll try my hardest to answer any question. Good Luck!
Последняя редакция: Zitta. Время: 15 апр. 2024 г., 5:00:38
Last bumped15 апр. 2024 г., 13:44:45
Hey, I had done something similar but keeping Energy Blade and going 2h instead. Had you considered that and what are your thoughts on it?
Great build, quite fun to play. Thanks for the writeup, gave me some thoughts.
"
Hurix написал:
Hey, I had done something similar but keeping Energy Blade and going 2h instead. Had you considered that and what are your thoughts on it?
Great build, quite fun to play. Thanks for the writeup, gave me some thoughts.

I spent a lot of time playing with 1h energy blade. With the same gear and tree (except swapping my rare ring with Replica Voideye), 1h energy blade do ~40% more damage but have only half the amount of ES compared to Ephemeral Edge. I never tried 2h but I imagine it'll do slightly more damage and have slightly less ES than 1h? While having that much more dps is great, my goal of this build is to make an exceptionally tanky summoner; with energy blade the build feels only as tanky as an average minion build.

I also tried going all-in on ES on my tree to reach 10k ES with 1h energy blade. But for that I'll have to lose most of my regen, a bunch of max res, and can't use coruscating elixir to ignore chaos damage anymore. In the end it's still about 40%-50% more damage, half the amount of EHP/max hits and less defensive layers compared to Ephemeral Edge.
Hello, can you give me PoB of season 3.24 about this build?
"
BlackLionXIII написал:
Hello, can you give me PoB of season 3.24 about this build?

Will update this post after the league drop!

But the major changes for 3.24 (at least at league start) should be to use Perquil's Toe instead of Ashes for lucky minion damage; and to use Arcanist Brand + Desecrate + Spirit Offering + Essence Glutton ascendancy instead of Bone Barrier. Use an unset ring and drop Unearth and Convocation (or get it on shield) for extra sockets.

The new Bone Barrier ascendancy won't do much on this build since we don't use Life, and the 40% minion energy shield will make Guardian's Blessing minion take a lot more damage.
Do you think it would be viable to use Fleshcrafter + some passives that increase minion chaos res + 40% minion ES ascendancy? I wonder if the minion survivability and damage would be better?
"
maulerond написал:
Do you think it would be viable to use Fleshcrafter + some passives that increase minion chaos res + 40% minion ES ascendancy? I wonder if the minion survivability and damage would be better?

In terms of damage, swapping Ghostwrithe with Fleshcrafter will make us lose about 30% ES, so it's only good against monsters with really high res, not to mention that it will also make us 30% less tanky. (Keep in mind Ephemeral Edge now only scale off of player's ES, so giving our minions ES will not make them do more damage)

In terms of minion survivability, my guardian did not die once in this league so far, and I have yet to encounter a situation where my animated weapons can't do damage because they die too quickly, so it's not a problem :)
I have to say thank you for making me discover my new favorite leveling skill. They are like SRS, but follow me, and like zombies, but fast and aggressive. I love it!

But the damage seems a bit low later on. 10 div for 3 million? I understand wanting the extra tankyness but it feels like it will be whittling the enemies once past white maps.

Also not using the new leech node before it is inevitably nerfed seems like a wasted opportunity. Wouldn't it would give that tankyness that the damage is being traded for?
"
CedricDur написал:
I have to say thank you for making me discover my new favorite leveling skill. They are like SRS, but follow me, and like zombies, but fast and aggressive. I love it!

But the damage seems a bit low later on. 10 div for 3 million? I understand wanting the extra tankyness but it feels like it will be whittling the enemies once past white maps.

Also not using the new leech node before it is inevitably nerfed seems like a wasted opportunity. Wouldn't it would give that tankyness that the damage is being traded for?

Fair assessment. After playing for a week, I do feel like with those op spectres gone, this build is currently investing a bit too much into defense. Also it is pretty unfortunate that Ghost Reaver is just a little bit too far from my tree. Maybe with higher budget, a stats stacking version of this build will be able to utilize the fancy minion leech. Definitely a thing I want to try out later in the league!
"
Zitta написал:
"
CedricDur написал:

Fair assessment. After playing for a week, I do feel like with those op spectres gone, this build is currently investing a bit too much into defense. Also it is pretty unfortunate that Ghost Reaver is just a little bit too far from my tree. Maybe with higher budget, a stats stacking version of this build will be able to utilize the fancy minion leech. Definitely a thing I want to try out later in the league!

How about anointing it instead? Or try to work in one of the unique boots that can be anointed for a second anointment?

I have been looking around and asking questions without much luck but how about a poison version? The new phantasmal might turns physical into chaos and applies wither. Could a Replica Innsbury work for yet MORE wither?

I'm clueless about these things.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация