Did you remove /oos or fix desync?

Would have been better if they'd improved resyncing and then removed /oos. Maybe they could have given it a 5 minute timer or something.

As it stands, without the ability to manually resync, I'll be completely at the game's mercy if I ever end up desynced into another room as a result of attempting to attack a desynced monster. Finding monsters that appear to be in one room when they're really in another room is something that happens with alarming frequency in indoor areas and seems to be very common among slow-walking skeleton and zombie mobs, (contrary to the expectation that slower mobs would desync less).
Последняя редакция: StarlightGamer. Время: 8 февр. 2013 г., 10:06:33
"
BLU3DR3AM написал:
^Great post.

How the **** can that be a good post if he literally says that accuracy ingame is obsolete when they're gonna ignore the problem and declare the desync the new miss/hit mechanic
Le Mankey Face amirite guise :---------------------------------------)
1) The game has frequent desync issues, enough that GGG introduced a command /oos to fix it.
2) People begin spamming it because you basically need it to play melee characters.
3) GGG removes it due to excess server load and say it'll be fixed soontm. Throttling is hard!

Alright, great. What do we do in the meantime?

Right now on my marauder the main skill necessary seems to be guessing where desynced mobs are so I can hold down my one key and watch the mobs be totally unable to move unless they're immune to stun. If GGG wants people to "miss sometimes" maybe they should put difficulty other than major sync issues in? It's not like their amazing AI of "run directly at the enemy in a straight line, sometimes 'harder' ones run away in a straight line too" is hard to predict assuming we can actually see where the mobs are instead of thinking the mobs are a full inch of screen space away.

Alternatively, the GGG apologetics squadron can attempt to explain why GGG put in high-movespeed mobs when high movespeed or "using skills that cause you to move" causes their game to desync all the time regardless of ping. It's really a mystery to me how people manage to play on hardcore, though I'm guessing there's a reason why most people's builds seem to consist of nothing except str and hp in that. Maybe it has something to do with the melee mobs that can hit you from half a screen off if you started fighting them near a wall, used Leap Slam at least once, and got unlucky.
Последняя редакция: genericacc. Время: 8 февр. 2013 г., 10:52:38
"
bloodsuckern написал:
"
BLU3DR3AM написал:
^Great post.

How the **** can that be a good post if he literally says that accuracy ingame is obsolete when they're gonna ignore the problem and declare the desync the new miss/hit mechanic

^Great post.
You guys do know what "beta" means, right?
Of course things are going to be unstable and buggy... that's why it's called beta.

If you want to complain and rage, wait until the game is at the very least released...
"
Sibunna написал:
You guys do know what "beta" means, right?
Of course things are going to be unstable and buggy... that's why it's called beta.

If you want to complain and rage, wait until the game is at the very least released...

Well, they've kind of known about this for a year or so. Also, they're selling stuff in the cash shop (not "donations" which give you stuff), so it's an actual product with support expectations. Calling something "beta" doesn't magically make that go away.
ITT: People who shouldn't be participating in a Beta.

"
StinkFinger написал:
^Great post.

Not really. It was irrelevant to what was actually said.

I thought you left to go play a different game? I guess it really couldn't compare after all.
"
AzraelX написал:

Oh hey, it's the GGG apologetics squadron already! That's even faster than the Nexon one!

"

Not really? He's making fun of the developer for trying to claim that their desync issues are an intentional game design choice so that you "miss sometimes" instead of aggressive correction (i.e. if your client claims you hit [e: with a hitscan attack] and it was feasible for you to hit, then you have hit on the server like every other game ever). That's an interesting mechanic, maybe they should put it in some FPSes too (I've seen fairly aggressive lag compensation in those; Savage's BRporting was particularly great). Aiming in this game is totally trivial in PvE and in PvP you have a skill which allows you to teleport up to someone and perma-stun them unless they have Unwavering Stance, so I really don't know how they expect people to actually miss even disregarding stuff like GMP. Wait a second, using that skill causes sync issues...
Последняя редакция: genericacc. Время: 8 февр. 2013 г., 11:04:31
"
genericacc написал:
"
AzraelX написал:

Oh hey, it's the GGG apologetics squadron already! That's even faster than the Nexon one!

Oh hey, it's the entitled children squadron already! That's even more obnoxious than the Blizzard one!

Did you just discover sarcasm yesterday? Calm down.

"
genericacc написал:
"

Not really? He's making fun of the developer for trying to claim that their desync issues are an intentional game mechanic so that you "miss sometimes." That's an interesting mechanic, maybe they should put it in some FPSes too.

The developer never said the current state of desync was intentional, or that it wasn't a priority issue, or that it wouldn't be fixed. Quite the opposite, actually. Suggesting otherwise is false and nonsensical, besides misconstruing what was said to the point of being irrelevant.

It helps to have some level of reading comprehension before opening a forum. Purposely misinterpreting things to fit your personal bias isn't impressing anyone.
"
AzraelX написал:
"
genericacc написал:
"
AzraelX написал:

Oh hey, it's the entitled children squadron already! That's even more obnoxious than the Blizzard one!

Did you just discover sarcasm yesterday? Calm down.

Nah, just there's always one of these in every F2P game ever.

"

The developer never said the current state of desync was intentional, or that it wasn't a priority issue, or that it wouldn't be fixed. Quite the opposite, actually. Suggesting otherwise is false and nonsensical, besides misconstruing what was said to the point of being irrelevant.

Oh. So he didn't say that he didn't want to put in aggressive compensation because then you'd "always hit" in a game where it's trivial to always hit on your screen?

"
Damien_GGG написал:

We've opted for one approach to maintaining sync for what we believe are good reasons given our gameplay model and specific requirements (we want you to miss sometimes...) There are other options open to us but there are many considerations to weigh up. Without going into the detail (because I'll leave it to Chris and also because I just don't know it!) one of the various options open to us will result in more rubberbanding, quicker, and could very likely lead to an increase in complaints even though the game is technically 'more in sync'.

One of the better known ARPGs out there deals with desync in a way that we believe contributes to the lack of challenge in the game (you pretty much ALWAYS hit). We want to deal with desync in a way that does not compromise our dedication to making Path of Exile a challenging game for gamers and this is not as easy as it may seem.

Wait, yes he did. If I appear to be hitting on my client with hitscans like groundslam there's no reason I should be missing on the server, especially considering how wide the skill is. He's disqualified the option to make the game "more in sync" (i.e. forcing a resync every so often) because it causes rubberbanding, that's fine. The problem is that they're saying that:
1) They will not do very short period resyncs
2) They have removed manual resyncs
3) They will not implement aggressive compensation, ever, because you should miss due to desync issues.

I am intentionally wording this aggressively, sure, but I'd rather appreciate you checking their posts.

"
It helps to have some level of reading comprehension before opening a forum. Purposely misinterpreting things to fit your personal bias isn't impressing anyone.

It gives me something to do while I'm waiting for /oos to be put back in so I can play characters other than my groundslam marauder. Left click backwards + right click forwards to win (doesn't matter where the mobs are) gets kind of boring after the first 20 hours or so.
Последняя редакция: genericacc. Время: 8 февр. 2013 г., 11:12:49

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация