Fairly disappointed in the microtransactions.

"
darkjoy написал:
The OP is spot on.

The fan boys in this community are starting to become truly sickening.

I know right, I should be able to spend $20 and get the diamond kiwi and diamond unique and unlimited points. I spend $20 to buy the entire game.
IGN QTCRZ
Последняя редакция: Tomorrow. Время: 19 февр. 2013 г., 3:05:53
"
korvys написал:

You seems to be running into the same problem I have. You're trying to be subtle, but it's ending up as obtuse.

I'm not getting it, but I'd be grateful if you'd enlighten me.

What I wanted to say is that, unlike for air or sunshine, someone had to pay for PoE since it costs money to make and maintain it. The guys who paid for it (afaik some rich friends of the devs) want their money back, probably with dividends. So PoE isn't free, someone has to pay for it or it will go down very soon. That's the difference.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Britannicus написал:
"
MrH написал:

I understand they need to make money, but gouging your customers is not the way to go about it. I don't mind supporting smaller studios, but I want to feel like I didn't get bent over the table in the process. If items are priced fairly I'll most likely spend more money overall.

The stash tabs, which are the only non-cosmetic item, are priced exceedingly fairly. Much cheaper than in GW2 for example.

As for cosmetics, what do you mean fair? How is it unfair that I can only afford the black or white scorpions but not the electric ones. Honestly. if they were all priced the same, people might prefer those, but since there is something more expensive down the line, somehow people think that the other stuff is cheap junk.

The fact is, free-to-play games exist on a minority of players paying excessive amounts while most players pay little or nothing. The pricing of the items mirrors that. GGG encourages the big spenders by letting them have expensive/exclusive items. In fact, some of big spenders have a huge glut of points from the diamond packages. How are they even going to spend more if they don't have big ticket items to scratch their itch?

The prices are fair, not because everything is equally priced or everything is cheap (it isn't), but there are micros for all price ranges. PoE has really expensive pets. No one would disagree. PoE has some really cheap pets too, and a lot of them are just as cool! What's fair doesn't even enter into the equation, since they are optional and have no value beyond what individual players place upon them.

If this is true (I really don't have any clue if it is because I never researched the topic) then maybe GGG should rethink their model. Maybe giving awesome effects at low prices (10$) would make people spend 10$ which would not otherwise. Maybe in the long run they would profit more from 1000 10$ purchases (or 10 000) then 20 50$ ones.

I for one don't want to spend even 10$ for lame effects, but would be tempted to spend for a nice one. I cannot and will not even be able or willing to spend more then 20$. I am sure there are many of us out there and I wonder how much money we are NOT spending because of current prices and offers. Personally I find all current pets bad, I have no clue why they didn't offer pets like wolves and bears which would sell like crazy. I really don't care what is the pet of their home country, smart business model is to sell what people will buy.

"
Charan написал:

I am still baffled by statements like this. The microtransactions are virtually a bonus if you wholeheartedly love the game, aren't they? Support because you love the game and want it to succeed, and care not for the shinies that come with.

I agree.
When you go to a store, you do not complain for an item costing $ 19.89 instead of $ 19 or $ 20.
Последняя редакция: crishark. Время: 19 февр. 2013 г., 11:38:49
"
Britannicus написал:
"
MrH написал:
I feel some items are grossly overpriced, to the point of being ridiculous.

This is the wrong way of thinking about it. These items fund development, the cost of which is inestimable on our end. It pays bills, salaries, what has been spent in the past and things yet to be bought.

If this is supposed to pay bills and the like, then this is the wrong way to do it. I do not fault anyone, any company (Not even the big boys, like Microsoft, Electronic Arts or even Activision) for wanting to make money. It's how they pay the bills after all.

But the issue remains how to give your customers, at the very least, something that feels like it's WORTH the money. And right now, the Glowies don't really feel like it. Especially not between 5 to 10 bucks apiece.

Right now, there needs to be more. Like cosmetic skins, maybe. Things you can change your armour or the like, something that makes you feel 'unique'. Weapon glows are nice, but not really worth it, at the moment. You need to make them look/feel special instead of just... There.

The halos and crowns are a good start.
Its not worth it for YOU, maybe it is for others?

Something being worth it is a very personal thing.

A good client of mine is a very sucessfull laywer. Earning more per month than average people in a year. His biggest hobby: gaming. His "critical ressource" is time - not money.
If that guy gets POE, starts it and sees a cool 100 $ pet - he will buy it. Its worth it for him. Nothing to think about, 100 $ for some fun in his spare time = good deal FOR HIM

He is the customer GGG targets with 100 $ pets - not me and not you. 100 $ for a pet - not worth it for me (okay maybe if its real extemly cool!)
Im fine with it.

Im the customer for lil things - i got some 20 $ items. Its worth it for me and i dont really mind about that ammount of money - its worth it for me.
Последняя редакция: return33. Время: 19 февр. 2013 г., 10:18:47
"
Myrnn написал:
My own thread cover's a lot of points on this topic aswell but ill post my solution here.

Give us more for what we are paying for, if credit card costs are too high then give us more things for the god damn $20 USD we are paying.

1 weapon skin should not be $20 USD, thats just greed and you guys all know it no matter how fan boy you are.

Instead why don't you give a weapon skin, a head effect and a couple tash tabs for $20? Id gladly pay for that but there is no way in hell i will pay $7.50 or $10 for a weapon effect again.

I didnt like the ice crown and wanted to change, but $7.50 is just too much to pay for pixels.

The fan boys call me poor, not knowing i do have money, i just dont spend it on stupid deals that rip me off.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/78201/page/1

Also,

So i got 20$ dollars to spend. Thats a challenege.

Ok, so i want to buy these :

Turquoise weapon effect
Ice crown head gear effect
Ebony scorpion pet
I got enough points left to get an extra stash tab.

Or Instead of the Turquoise weapon effect i get Lavender weapon effect, and the green basilisk pet.

You can get a lot with just 20$. Now it would certainly be really cool if all was 99 cents, but thats just not possible. You have enough options to buy both cheaper, and more expensive stuff. I can afford it, and i am studying. Helping family with technical stuff, help my grandma with her garden.

Essentially, the system is the same. You are not buying the pets, or weapon effects. You are supporting GGG employee. So that they can live from their project. They have been working on this for a very long time. Its donation, at most, if you will. The same way i help, because i want to, not because i seek the reward.

Cheers
A free game and people bitch about optional cosmetics being overpriced. Sickening really.
"
Elynole написал:
A free game and people bitch about optional cosmetics being overpriced. Sickening really.

I don't understand people that write like this and I seen many of you do it.

Why is it sickening that people want to buy something but will not because they feel it is overpriced?!
And they tell that to the people selling these items. Now the people selling can choose to ignore them and their money OR they can work out if it is worth it to them to do something so they do get their money. I still don't understand what is sickening here?!

This is economics 101.

Lets me put it another way. You want to buy a cool item and the seller asks 1 exalted for it. You say it is too much, I can only afford 3 GCP for it. It is not worth more for me. Now the seller gets to decide if he wants to lower the price to 3 GCP or maybe offer a similar item that is bit weaker but better then what he usually would sell for 3 GCP so he can close the deal.
Now other people get involved into this deal and start calling the transaction something sickening because the buyer can play the game as it is without asking to buy 1 exalted item for 3 GCP.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация