Hardcore vs Default

I have a lvl 60 default character and a bunch of lower levels that died from HC. I don't know if I wanna just play on default or make new hardcore characters. Something about HC just attracts me, maybe it's because everybody on HC haven't died and that makes the game more exciting, I don't know.

Why do you prefer playing HC or Default?
The thrill really, I don't know. The economy too. Once you go hc you cant go back.
"
DeathSpear написал:
Once you go hc you cant go back.

I have so many characters that disagree with that statement. :)

I play as though it's hardcore even on default. Once a character has /deaths 1 or more, I consider it a bit of a failure.

But my ping right now (wireless+Australia) just can't support serious HC play. That and if I see shenanigans in the chat I just have to stop and deal with it. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Последняя редакция: Foreverhappychan. Время: 11 марта 2013 г., 0:04:14
I'm probably the minority here, but I play hardcore exclusively, simply because if I ever wanted to move to default, I could do so easily. However if I was in default and wanted to move to hardcore, it would be a much more difficult process involving a lot of trading and loss of currency.

i have always played hc in d2, and in d3, but my internet is just..(BAD)..i drop randomly and get lagspikes a lot so i play default, i do however start all char in hc and play them until i die, i build currency on hc league and transfer it to default at (3:1) <--PROFIT

its more fun to play hc because there is risk involved I just can't keep remaking chars when i die to lag or i would never play endgame
^_^ You will hate me and I am okay with that ^_^
@EnlightenD
Gonna play Devil's advocate here and give my view on why choose Softcore.

The economy is my first reason.

As you may know, no characters being removed from the league means an accumulation of (great) gear is inevitable. HCers will cite this as one of the reasons to avoid SC because it would lead to inflation. I don't agree. If what GGG did with the currency system actually works, eventually, 6L or fancy uniques won't be worth as much because there will be too many of them floating around while currency items will remain somewhat constant because of their consumability. This means that it's going to be easier to try item-centric and gear-dependent builds on SC than on HC; to me, that's a huge plus (although not evident at this point because of how early it is in the game). Also, gearing up in general is also going to be much less demanding than on HC. I understand some people might appreciate working harder for their gear so they can get a more rewarding experience, but I just like getting good gear as easy as possible.

Also on the economy vein, while SC will have a higher inflation than HC, it also has more offer. Just take a look at the selling forum for both leagues and you can see the difference is huge. Relatively, both leagues are the same since HC also has less buyers, thus lower prices, but if you need a specific piece of gear, you have a much better shot at finding it on SC.

Lastly, like Charan said, my ISP just isn't stable enough so even if I wanted to play HC, I wouldn't make it past Cruel before a lagspike or d/c kills me. The desync inherent to the current netcode doesn't help at all.

I've never played HC but I know that the frustration from losing everything my character had on him would greatly offset the 'nice' feeling of risk and accomplishment.

My two cents.

Последняя редакция: dndallasta. Время: 11 марта 2013 г., 0:28:13
"
dndallasta написал:

I've never played HC but I know that the frustration from losing everything my character had on him would greatly offset the 'nice' feeling of risk and accomplishment.

My two cents.

I like how someone can form an opinion on lack of experience and knowledge... how do you know what we are talking about if you never tried HC? and you dont loose anything it just moves to SC
I play HC because being able to die myself through content just puts me off.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion написал:
I play HC because being able to die myself through content just puts me off.

i build sc chars to not die, don't need hc mode to do so

;)
^_^ You will hate me and I am okay with that ^_^
@EnlightenD
I play HC exclusively, on a laptop with integrated graphics that has a tendency to overheat and shut itself down if I stress it too much. Fortunately, it seems that the 6 second exit delay is short enough for the server to always safely teleport my character to town. I don't think I've ever lost a character to overheating-induced shutdown.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"
Последняя редакция: VoxelSquid. Время: 11 марта 2013 г., 0:58:39

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация