Cyclone

GGG has promised an improvement in the movement of the cyclone gem in path 3.0.0 but the cyclone is still interrupted by objects.
Now with Charged Dash considered a Channeling skill + movement speed. Why has Cyclone not been considered such as that? I never understood why cyclone was never a channeling skill. I mean, You should be able to move freely with your cyclone without moving a long line from A to B and then B to C and C to A to be able to kill a boss. I really don't like the change to cyclone right now because it lock your character down if you chose to have a longer cyclone route.

So again, GGG, why is it not a channeling skill? The Mechanic could have been that it slow your character by 30%, drain mana per second and simply does damage in an area around your character. It's kind of like any channeling mechanic but instead of being static, you can still move. So it would be like any other channeling mechanic as the damage area would move as you move your cursor, but instead now it would be as your character move.

Would'nt that make it actually better in every way and actually more consistent in the way it should work?
"
Zaraky написал:
Now with Charged Dash considered a Channeling skill + movement speed. Why has Cyclone not been considered such as that? I never understood why cyclone was never a channeling skill. I mean, You should be able to move freely with your cyclone without moving a long line from A to B and then B to C and C to A to be able to kill a boss. I really don't like the change to cyclone right now because it lock your character down if you chose to have a longer cyclone route.

So again, GGG, why is it not a channeling skill? The Mechanic could have been that it slow your character by 30%, drain mana per second and simply does damage in an area around your character. It's kind of like any channeling mechanic but instead of being static, you can still move. So it would be like any other channeling mechanic as the damage area would move as you move your cursor, but instead now it would be as your character move.

Would'nt that make it actually better in every way and actually more consistent in the way it should work?

Seriously GGG please make it a channeling skill. When you came out with Channeling I was surprised that cyclone wasn't the first one picked seeing as YOU HOLD DOWN THE BUTTON. Please make the change, how is it when new mechanics are introduced old skill gems get left behind?
3.0 Patchnotes "Cyclone's additional melee range now applies to unarmed attacks."

Since the newest buff of cyclones +weapon range is not listed explicitly
(+3 @lvl 19 & +4 @lvl 21), can we expect that this change didnt make it into
the final version of 3.0? Or is it really just "poor" wording regarding the new tooltip from patch 2.6 -> 3.0, meaning we still keep the +range as well as unarmed buff?
Thank you
Was wondering if you introduce a Threshold jewel for cyclone, i have something in mind if you wouldn't mind taking it into consideration. Well you know the act 9 skeleton cage mobs when they cyclone they also put up mini dust tornadoes, i would like for that to be cyclone threshold jewel.
Cyclone bleed damage tooltip with crimson dance

I did some maths on my build to see if I could get the same bleed damage number that shows on the tooltip. The number I got was roughly 2x higher. Is that bleed damage the calculation for the 'first hit' of the cyclone which does 50% less dmg? I watched the tooltip whilst cyclone-ing and the number did not change. Am I correct in my assumption? If so that's pretty misleading, but outside of flooding that screen with a wall of text I don't know a good answer to that. If I am wrong about that then is my math wrong?

here's my relevant stats

increased mods-

121% ail
200% bleed
30% phys

more mods-

-50% bleed from crimson dance
26% bleed
44% ail

54.6% base cyclone gem

339-718 base damage

for this calculation I use the low end of base

339*.546 = 185.094

bleed is 70% of weapon dmg halved for crimson dance

185.094 * .35 * (1 + 1.21 + 2 + .3) * (1 + .26 + .44) = 496

The tooltip low end is 241.7

1. Is cyclone bleed using the 'first hit' which is 50% less dmg as its tooltip bleed damage on char sheed?

2. Is my calculation wrong?

Thanks all!

My biggest complain about cyclone is how often you get into situation where you can't cancel the cycloning for example to leap slam or simply run away.

My expectation would be that cyclone stops when I release the skill ( in my case right mouse button) at the soonest possible moment in the animation.

Intead it will continue the full path to where the cursor was. This leads to unpleasant play experience where I must keep the mouse cursor as close to my character as possible to not get stuck in long cyclone animations.
Love the skill, nothing else to say, except you need to make it a official Channeling skill, it has always been a psuedo-channeling skill even before Channeling was introduced so the fact that it wasnt one of the first skills changed to be so sort of blows my mind that it still isnt.

Please GGG, make it Channeling for QoL.
More QoL:
Can I please cast stuff like Enduring Cry, Vaal Grace, maybe even Warchief totem while cycloning?

The pauses to cast them feel awkward.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Cyclone needs to stop when button is released, this is a big issue and removes all reaction time.
Последняя редакция: Broth3rz. Время: 18 окт. 2017 г., 4:01:53

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация